• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 moojer

moojer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

....reported by B. Ghiroli. Not sure why the Os would do this?

#2 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

....reported by B. Ghiroli. Not sure why the Os would do this?

Hopefully to replace Reynolds or Johnson. Vlad would be better but at least Miggy is Latino. I guess the O's are finally paying attention to my recommendations.

#3 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

This is the worst thing.

#4 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

That's a great signing...6 years ago.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#5 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,114 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#6 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Twitter says a minor league deal. If he's willing to toil at Norfolk as an emergency option I'm OK with this.

#7 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

What's with all the negative reactions? You all have been following baseball a long time and should recognize a World Series push when you see one. Go O's.

#8 moojer

moojer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I guess Reynolds just caught wind of the signing and decided he should pick up his game!

#9 dandrews

dandrews

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

#10 Byng

Byng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Twitter says a minor league deal. If he's willing to toil at Norfolk as an emergency option I'm OK with this.

Its not even Norfolk, he is working out in Sarasota. Puts Pressure on Reynolds who answered with a giant home-run tonight!:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Yves Cousteau.

#11 moojer

moojer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

I was only kidding about Reynolds catching wind of the Tejada signing, but he left Buck hanging on a high five after the home run.

#12 Byng

Byng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

I was only kidding about Reynolds catching wind of the Tejada signing, but he left Buck hanging on a high five after the home run.

Tejada hasn't even signed a minor league contract, he is just trying out and getting into shape in Sarasota!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Yves Cousteau.

#13 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hopefully to replace Reynolds or Johnson. Vlad would be better but at least Miggy is Latino. I guess the O's are finally paying attention to my recommendations.

I think Miggy was latino when he was originally here. :D

#14 Morgan208

Morgan208

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

twitter says a minor league deal. If he's willing to toil at norfolk as an emergency option i'm ok with this.

ditto.

#15 SNAFU

SNAFU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

First, Kyle Boller, and now Tejada! What is it with Baltimore and their interest in former players? Nothing like a 'dagger in the heart' moment after a great win last nite.
I don't have an 'ignore' list. I don't need no stinkin' list to remind me who I've ignored! I ignore the old-fashioned way.

#16 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,290 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Wow, this one is strange to figure out...

#17 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

First, Kyle Boller, and now Tejada! What is it with Baltimore and their interest in former players? Nothing like a 'dagger in the heart' moment after a great win last nite.

What's the mystery here? Let me explain what's happening and it should be obvious to you all.

1. DD is hired and sets the expectations at .500 which is far greater than any expectation DD's predecessor (AM) ever set - the players take notice.

2. The 2012 predictions are published in the Talk Forum and the players and front office take serious note that Hector is predicting 95 wins and the playoffs. The players are inspired and the front office is awakened.

3. The season begins and the O's pitching staff is magnificent leading the O's to victory after victory at a pace to win around 100 games or more. At the same time, the Red Sox are collapsing from Valentine/booze syndrome and the old Yankee "superstars" are mediocre at best.

4. The O's front office are excited and meet to discuss what's next. Someone observes that the O's have a clear path to the playoffs as predicted by Hector. In discussing what to do next, someone else mentions Hector's persistent push for the O's to re-sign Vlad and other Latinos. They all agree that Hector is right but their arrogance won't permit them to chase Vlad at this time. Instead they settle on another Latino former superstar, Miggy.

Do you all understand?

#18 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

I would have rather they went after Damon or Abreau

They need another outfielder

Reimold cannot stay healthy. Chavez isn't hitting

not sure how bringing in Tejada will help THIS team in anyway

Edited by durango46, 05 May 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#19 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

I would have rather they went after Damon or Abreau

They need another outfielder

Reimold cannot stay healthy

not sure how bringing in Tejada will help THIS team in anyway

Miggy could bring with him the exact "medicine" required to cure the power shortage from Reynolds and Johnson. Miggy could be just what the doctor ordered, so to speak. Any more questions on how Miggy could help this team?

#20 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Miggy could bring with him the exact "medicine" required to cure the power shortage from Reynolds and Johnson. Miggy could be just what the doctor ordered, so to speak. Any more questions on how Miggy could help this team?

power shortage help from Miggy.....you kidding ? He lost any power he had in his 30's when he came off the juice

how bout I sign the bring back Vlad paper instead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users