• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Tampa, Texas and the Dodgers are all up there but who are those other two teams that are tied for the 2nd best record in baseball after 16% of the season? When was the last time either was this well off at this point? One has loads of young talent and the other has IMO the best bullpen in baseball.

Where are all those guys who questioned adding Ayala and Lindstrom.

#2 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

Tampa, Texas and the Dodgers are all up there but who are those other two teams that are tied for the 2nd best record in baseball after 16% of the season? When was the last time either was this well off at this point? One has loads of young talent and the other has IMO the best bullpen in baseball.

Where are all those guys who questioned adding Ayala and Lindstrom.

Of course it's the O's and the Nationals. We could be in a subway world series in 2012 except we'll have to call it the Amtrak world series.

#3 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

The MarcTrain Series baby!
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#4 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

The MarcTrain Series baby!

Two best staff ERAs in baseball right now, too.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#5 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,652 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

I don't know how to break it you you guys, but it's May 5th, not August 5th
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#6 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Ken, how can we break it to you that the Red Sox and Yankees are in a shambles for different reasons (petulance for the Red Sox and grossly overpaid "superstars" for the Yankees). The O's will make the playoffs because of the weakness of the competition in the AL East and the vast improvement in the O's pitching staff.

The Tigers with Fielder are around .500 while the O's are soaring without overpaid "superstars." Credit Peter A for doing it the right way.

#7 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

I can recall a time maybe 5 or 6 years ago the O's were in 1st place at the all star break and Angelos took his team apart. They finished I believe last that year. Maybe the O's have to fear the owner more than the other teams. Look at them ready to sign Miggy. Now tell me why would you do this and not just let your minor league system take care of any injuries etc. The Yanks, Red sox and all the good teams have passed on Miggy , so does this tell us anything at all?

#8 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Ken, how can we break it to you that the Red Sox and Yankees are in a shambles for different reasons (petulance for the Red Sox and grossly overpaid "superstars" for the Yankees). The O's will make the playoffs because of the weakness of the competition in the AL East and the vast improvement in the O's pitching staff.

The Tigers with Fielder are around .500 while the O's are soaring without overpaid "superstars." Credit Peter A for doing it the right way.

More top shelf analysis. :/
The AL East is the best division in baseball, and the only one with 4 teams over .500.
Combined they have a .637 winning percentage over teams outside of the division.
http://espn.go.com/b...sional-rankings
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.

#9 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

More top shelf analysis. :/
The AL East is the best division in baseball, and the only one with 4 teams over .500.
Combined they have a .637 winning percentage over teams outside of the division.

How many Red Sox or Yankee games have you watched this year? I've seen quite a few on MLB Extra Innings and it's obvious the Yankees and Red Sox are far below their high standards from recent years. This creates a great opportunity for teams like the O's and they're taking (almost) full advantage of it with excellent pitching and outstanding budget management (in most cases) by PA.

#10 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

How many Red Sox or Yankee games have you watched this year? I've seen quite a few on MLB Extra Innings and it's obvious the Yankees and Red Sox are far below their high standards from recent years. This creates a great opportunity for teams like the O's and they're taking (almost) full advantage of it with excellent pitching and outstanding budget management (in most cases) by PA.

This has nothing to do with what I posted.

#11 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

This has nothing to do with what I posted.

You said the AL East was the toughest division in baseball and I disagreed. Seems relevant to me.

#12 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

You said the AL East was the toughest division in baseball and I disagreed. Seems relevant to me.

The Yanks are 14-11, the BoSox are 11-14.
The East has 4 teams over .500 - the only division in that position.
Their regression doesn't account for the O's, Jays, and Rays level of talent.

Here is the article.....again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users