• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Yep the stock many are waiting for is set to go public on May 17th. Now the question is will people take a chance? I think if you don't at least buy 100 shares you should not be in stocks. What do you think.

#2 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,127 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Two words of advice: My Space.
"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#3 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,860 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I might get my feet wet but not something I would be looking for long term at all. Get a few shares. If it goes up a little say thanks and gtho.
I'm a Legend in Japan

#4 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Facebook will be a $500 stock in 1 year. You will be a fool not to invest in it. As far as social networking....it is in a class by itself and will buy up many companies and expand into other ventures. This is only the start of something bigger than google and AAPL. You heard this from me and in a year see who is right.

#5 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Facebook will be a $500 stock in 1 year. You will be a fool not to invest in it. As far as social networking....it is in a class by itself and will buy up many companies and expand into other ventures. This is only the start of something bigger than google and AAPL. You heard this from me and in a year see who is right.

This guy is predicting $18 within nine months. I think that is closer to more likely.

http://finance.yahoo...s-29335949.html

Edited by LarryN, 17 August 2012 - 09:50 AM.

"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#6 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'll sit this one out .......

we have a few t rowe funds that have decent positions in FB .......

these last few months have been pretty tough with several significant swings in both directions ......

heck, even apple is down a hundred bucks ......

just hold on for the ride, collect the dividends and hope for a change in november .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#7 Mitchum

Mitchum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

For the last 100 plus years the market always rises with a Democrat in office. Under Dumbya my 401K became a 201K.

#8 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

108 times earnings?

no way Jose
----------------------------------

http://dealbook.nyti...f-to-investors/

Facebook is trading at 108 times its earnings in the 12 months through March, compared with 14 times for the overall market and 18 times for Google, Facebook’s main competitor for online advertising revenue. On sales, Facebook’s stock price also looks rich, even alongside similar companies. LinkedIn, a social network, trades at 17 times sales. Facebook far exceeds that at 26 times.

“I can’t justify it,” said Anup Srivastava, an assistant professor at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. “Facebook is a great business, but it’s worth around $25 billion.”

#9 gps29070

gps29070

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Already some of the 1 percenters are suing Facebook and NASDAQ... Guess they lost money so far....

http://www.reuters.c...E8GN09Y20120523

#10 BS21213

BS21213

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Two words of advice: My Space.

thats what I was thinking. but I wish it would hurry up and happen. I'm sick of hearing about mark zuckerberg.

#11 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,127 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

thats what I was thinking. but I wish it would hurry up and happen. I'm sick of hearing about mark zuckerberg.

I hear you there. Love to see them nailing him for insider trading with the usual Wall Street suspects. The IPO continues to be a complete disaster.

In particular, the suit claims that Facebook executives told the underwriter banks to lower their revenue projections for the company, and that the banks relayed this information to favored clients but not to the general public.
If true, this would likely be in violation of federal securities law, which dictates that all "material information" -- facts that could influence investor decisions -- be disclosed by public companies and companies planning to go public in their filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Documentation to support this claim is not provided in the lawsuit, though Darren Robbins, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said his team had access to "witnesses and shareholders and other sources of information."

http://money.cnn.com...book-ipo-legal/

#12 Kenect2

Kenect2

Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,358 posts
  • Locationin the ladies' bathroom.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

For the last 100 plus years the market always rises with a Democrat in office. Under Dumbya my 401K became a 201K.

Yay, another bubble. Congratulations.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't be tricked by the corporate media. Take a look at the REAL "Left-wing Media." --->
ZMag, The Nation, In These Times, CounterPunch , ICH, WSWS, Project Censored, MediaMatters, Take Back the Media, Reclaim Democracy, POCLAD, EXTRA!
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." - HG Wells

#13 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,127 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

What's interesting is this incident is rebounding against Wall Street as a perfect example of how the public investor is considered fish by the too big to fail crowd.

Wall Street appears bent on convincing Main Street that the game is rigged.

Investor anger is mounting over the initial public offering of Facebook stock last week, which was fumbled by the banks that managed the deal and complicated by technical problems at the Nasdaq stock exchange.

Shareholders filed at least two lawsuits against Facebook and Morgan Stanley, the bank that shepherded the IPO, over reports that it withheld negative analyst reports about Facebook from some clients before the company went public.

It was the second stumble this month by a major Wall Street firm. JPMorgan Chase, usually revered for taming risk, has yet to contain a growing $2 billion loss in one of its trading units.

http://www.boston.co...FwxO/story.html

#14 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hmm maybe i'll buy your shares from you when it hits $10.00 :D

#15 tampafan76

tampafan76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Invest in something that produces nothing.....hmmmmmmm.....sounds like voting left again.....:P

#16 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

You still predicting $500 in a year?

http://blogs.wsj.com...fresh-ipo-lows/
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#17 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

this board is even more entertaining than Sunspot

http://messages.fina...yahoo.com/mb/FB

#18 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,127 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Zuckerberged! Warren Buffet's partner Charlie Munger had this to say:

While Buffett kept his remarks broad, referring to his dislike for investing in IPOs in general, his investing partner Charlie Munger had harsher words for Facebook.

"I don't invest in what I don't understand. And I don't want to understand Facebook," Munger said.

"I don't want people putting all this personal stuff into a permanent record when they are 15 years of age. I think it's counterproductive," the 88-year-old Munger told CNN.

"I just basically don't like it."

Pretty funny, but on the button.

#19 BS21213

BS21213

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

facebook is cool.

#20 gps29070

gps29070

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Facebook stock is rebounding... It was down to around $25 a share just 3 weeks ago and now is at just over 32...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users