Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Underseige

Facebook To IPO at $29 to $35

52 posts in this topic

Yep the stock many are waiting for is set to go public on May 17th. Now the question is will people take a chance? I think if you don't at least buy 100 shares you should not be in stocks. What do you think.

Facebook will be a $500 stock in 1 year. You will be a fool not to invest in it. As far as social networking....it is in a class by itself and will buy up many companies and expand into other ventures. This is only the start of something bigger than google and AAPL. You heard this from me and in a year see who is right.

Facebook will be a $500 stock in 1 year. You will be a fool not to invest in it. As far as social networking....it is in a class by itself and will buy up many companies and expand into other ventures. This is only the start of something bigger than google and AAPL. You heard this from me and in a year see who is right.

This guy is predicting $18 within nine months. I think that is closer to more likely.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/marketnews-19148628/facebook-shares-seen-to-fall-to-18-in-nine-months-29335949.html

Edited by LarryN

I'll sit this one out .......

we have a few t rowe funds that have decent positions in FB .......

these last few months have been pretty tough with several significant swings in both directions ......

heck, even apple is down a hundred bucks ......

just hold on for the ride, collect the dividends and hope for a change in november .....

108 times earnings?

no way Jose

----------------------------------

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/after-a-lackluster-debut-facebook-must-prove-itself-to-investors/

Facebook is trading at 108 times its earnings in the 12 months through March, compared with 14 times for the overall market and 18 times for Google, Facebook’s main competitor for online advertising revenue. On sales, Facebook’s stock price also looks rich, even alongside similar companies. LinkedIn, a social network, trades at 17 times sales. Facebook far exceeds that at 26 times.

“I can’t justify it,” said Anup Srivastava, an assistant professor at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. “Facebook is a great business, but it’s worth around $25 billion.”

thats what I was thinking. but I wish it would hurry up and happen. I'm sick of hearing about mark zuckerberg.
I hear you there. Love to see them nailing him for insider trading with the usual Wall Street suspects. The IPO continues to be a complete disaster.

In particular, the suit claims that Facebook executives told the underwriter banks to lower their revenue projections for the company, and that the banks relayed this information to favored clients but not to the general public.

If true, this would likely be in violation of federal securities law, which dictates that all "material information" -- facts that could influence investor decisions -- be disclosed by public companies and companies planning to go public in their filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Documentation to support this claim is not provided in the lawsuit, though Darren Robbins, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said his team had access to "witnesses and shareholders and other sources of information."

http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/23/technology/facebook-ipo-legal/

For the last 100 plus years the market always rises with a Democrat in office. Under Dumbya my 401K became a 201K.

Yay, another bubble. Congratulations.

What's interesting is this incident is rebounding against Wall Street as a perfect example of how the public investor is considered fish by the too big to fail crowd.

Wall Street appears bent on convincing Main Street that the game is rigged.

Investor anger is mounting over the initial public offering of Facebook stock last week, which was fumbled by the banks that managed the deal and complicated by technical problems at the Nasdaq stock exchange.

Shareholders filed at least two lawsuits against Facebook and Morgan Stanley, the bank that shepherded the IPO, over reports that it withheld negative analyst reports about Facebook from some clients before the company went public.

It was the second stumble this month by a major Wall Street firm. JPMorgan Chase, usually revered for taming risk, has yet to contain a growing $2 billion loss in one of its trading units.

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/2012/05/24/facebook-jpmorgan-gaffs-erode-faith-wall/A0eY9F5G1rynNsdP91FwxO/story.html

Hmm maybe i'll buy your shares from you when it hits $10.00 :D

You still predicting $500 in a year?

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012/05/29/facebook-shares-tumble-to-fresh-ipo-lows/

Zuckerberged! Warren Buffet's partner Charlie Munger had this to say:

While Buffett kept his remarks broad, referring to his dislike for investing in IPOs in general, his investing partner Charlie Munger had harsher words for Facebook.

"I don't invest in what I don't understand. And I don't want to understand Facebook," Munger said.

"I don't want people putting all this personal stuff into a permanent record when they are 15 years of age. I think it's counterproductive," the 88-year-old Munger told CNN.

"I just basically don't like it."

Pretty funny, but on the button.

Yep the stock many are waiting for is set to go public on May 17th. Now the question is will people take a chance? I think if you don't at least buy 100 shares you should not be in stocks. What do you think.

I hope you didn't pour your life savings in to FB, banking on that $500 number. It's still 29 bucks.

I hope you didn't pour your life savings in to FB, banking on that $500 number. It's still 29 bucks.
I give all my stocks time. I bought at $39 ,500 shares and than when it hit around $26 ,I bought another 500. So I think if this is the worse it is, it should make me money by the 2nd quarter next year. I'm not like the normal ,today's investor.... I hold my stock but do watch it closely. Now if it had hit $20 I would have bought way more in it. If I love it at $39, I would want to marry it at $20.

Facebook fell 6.5% to $19.83 in midmorning trading, after hitting an all-time intraday low of $19.76. About an hour into the session, more than 62 million shares had traded, more than twice the stock's average daily volume the past 30 days, according to FactSet.

The decline extended Facebook's plunge from its $38 initial public offer price. Facebook reported in late July that it swung to a loss in the second quarter as revenue growth slowed and costs rose, weighing on the shares.

Meanwhile, technology shares in the broader market rose,...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443324404577593121764584372.html

It's no secret that institutional holdings are shorting fb like a hot turd. Sometimes it's best just to walk away. Learn from being Zuckerberged. It will save you millions over the course of a lifetime. It never pays to buy into something that has no intrinsic worth. It's a hula hoop company.

Invest in yourself.