Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Underseige

Facebook To IPO at $29 to $35

52 posts in this topic

I give all my stocks time. I bought at $39 ,500 shares and than when it hit around $26 ,I bought another 500. So I think if this is the worse it is, it should make me money by the 2nd quarter next year. I'm not like the normal ,today's investor.... I hold my stock but do watch it closely. Now if it had hit $20 I would have bought way more in it. If I love it at $39, I would want to marry it at $20.

1000 shr @ $32500....investment price per share 32.50.....

1000 shr @ $19.05....

Still planning to hold for another 9 months? good luck!

I wonder how Facebook will destroy their service to counteract the sliding stock value?

I give all my stocks time. I bought at $39 ,500 shares and than when it hit around $26 ,I bought another 500. So I think if this is the worse it is, it should make me money by the 2nd quarter next year. I'm not like the normal ,today's investor.... I hold my stock but do watch it closely. Now if it had hit $20 I would have bought way more in it. If I love it at $39, I would want to marry it at $20.

good luck, that's called catching a falling knife ........

buying on the way down because I knew better than everyone else led to my biggest loss ever in the stock market .......

Well people I have to admit, I made a mistake.... I just bought another 1000 shares and hope it goes lower. I have a feeling by the 3rd quarter of next year my shares will give me a nice reward and those of you who laugh, laugh last.

you probably will get you wish of even cheaper shares in the near future as the insiders unload billions of shares ......

read this article today, glad I sat this one out ......

At $18, using the correct share count (2.7 billion), Facebook is still valued at almost $50 billion. And it's still trading at ~28-times next year's projected earnings of $0.65, an estimate that looks just as likely to be too high as it is to be too low. Meanwhile, Apple is still trading at less than 15-times projected earnings. So you can't argue that Facebook is now "too cheap."

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/becoming-clear-no-one-actually-read-facebook-ipo-160120121.html

Well people may I say I have done pretty well with my face book investment. It is true I bought at the IPO of $38but sold at 41. Than I rebought at 31 and thought oh no when the stock hit 28 so I sold it. When it hit below 18 I rebought all I sold and now am ahead of the game. So all you out there that thought I was crazy, well I guess it is all about getting in and out at the right times. Now I'm in it heavy at 18 and just sitting here waiting for the big pop. Don't be fooled, it will pop and as I see it Zuck is just waiting for all the non believers out there to get out completely. I still say in the long haul this stock will be a bonanza and when it hits 100, I want all you naysayers out there to say ,you were right. If it doesn't I still will be alright as I really don't think it will go below 19 ever again. Look out Appl and Priceline FB is ready to get up there with the big boys and there is no looking back.

Well people may I say I have done pretty well with my face book investment. It is true I bought at the IPO of $38but sold at 41. Than I rebought at 31 and thought oh no when the stock hit 28 so I sold it. When it hit below 18 I rebought all I sold and now am ahead of the game. So all you out there that thought I was crazy, well I guess it is all about getting in and out at the right times. Now I'm in it heavy at 18 and just sitting here waiting for the big pop. Don't be fooled, it will pop and as I see it Zuck is just waiting for all the non believers out there to get out completely. I still say in the long haul this stock will be a bonanza and when it hits 100, I want all you naysayers out there to say ,you were right. If it doesn't I still will be alright as I really don't think it will go below 19 ever again. Look out Appl and Priceline FB is ready to get up there with the big boys and there is no looking back.

So how will Facebook be generating all of this magical additional revenue to drive its price up to $100 considering it was heavily overvalued in the IPO?

So how will Facebook be generating all of this magical additional revenue to drive its price up to $100 considering it was heavily overvalued in the IPO?
Facebook just hooked up with Apple today. Well folks time to get on the train.

Facebook just hooked up with Apple today. Well folks time to get on the train.

Didn't they already have an iOS app? :confused:

Didn't they already have an iOS app? :confused:

Yep, one that has no advertising, which is how Facebook makes their money. The future is mobile, and Facebook hasn't figured out the mobile thing yet.

I've been using Facebook's ad-free (which I like) iOS app since I got my phone almost two years ago.

Facebook is a joke as far as I'm concerned. I don't use it and never will. I suspect it will either be gone entirely or completely on the sidelines in five years or so. Technology moves too fast. Now, if Facebook gets involved in other aspects of communication, maybe they have a chance. But the future of "Like" this and "Like" that is short, relatively speaking.

Dipped to $17.58 today.

You are so wrong on politics, how can you be so right about Facebook?

Good call, old man.

Facebook will be a $500 stock in 1 year. You will be a fool not to invest in it. As far as social networking....it is in a class by itself and will buy up many companies and expand into other ventures. This is only the start of something bigger than google and AAPL. You heard this from me and in a year see who is right.

It's still only $23, so the answer is, "not you".

I thought this article made some sense about facebook .......

When Facebook (FB) went public a year ago, it was billed as "the next Google." And then the company finally went public... and the stock flopped. A year later, Facebook's stock is down 40% from its IPO price, and few people seem excited about the company anymore. So, what gives? From a broad perspective, Facebook is going through the same maturation process that many rapidly growing tech companies have gone through. It is transitioning from hyper-growth to steadier growth, and the stock "multiple"--the price that investors are willing to pay for the shares relative to the company's earnings--is dropping accordingly. Importantly, this is nothing new: Google (GOOG) went through the same process from 2007 to 2012. Amazon (AMZN) went through the same process from 1999 to 2005 or so. As the growth of these companies slowed, and their results no longer positively surprised investors, their stock multiples compressed. The same thing is now happening to Facebook.

Some other facts to consider: Facebook's non-advertising revenue--payments, Gifts, etc.--is not growing at all. Specifically, payments revenue is declining, and the small revenue from Gifts, et al, are not yet meaningful enough to make this revenue line grow. This means that all of Facebook's growth has to come from ad revenue. Facebook's mobile revenue is already 30% of Facebook's total ad revenue--in part because the growth of Facebook's desktop ad revenue has flattened.

Facebook's mobile ad opportunity may already be more penetrated than you think. Facebook's user growth is now coming in emerging-market countries in which there is little to no advertising revenue. The 1 billion users that Facebook already has have most of the money and purchasing power in the world. So the next 2-3 billion users that Facebook adds won't be worth as much in terms of ad revenue as the 1 billion that Facebook already has. This, too, will likely temper the company's revenue growth rate.

5 reasons not to "like" Facebook

Hey, look out, now! After 14 months, Facebook has finally surpassed it's IPO price.

$500, here we come!

Laugh all you want. Yes FB has had a rough start but now it is at it's ipo price. Larry if you don't get in you will be sorry. Likidin is off to the races and now that FB has solved their problems look for a $150 price at years end. Laugh but you should have bought at 20 like I did. Now who is laughing,HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

You are so wrong on politics, how can you be so right about Facebook?

Good call, old man.

Jack Larry has not been right on any call. It takes brains to get in at $18, he passed and now is crying. Smart........not Larry

FB may hit $100 before it's anniversary date. It looks like some of you may have egg on your face.

I have held my tongue for 2 years now. I bought this stock at $38, than again at $18. Now all you naysayers can eat my dust. Today over $110 and according to everything they are doing will eaSILY HIT $150 SOON. sO ALL YOU mY FACE AND TWITTER FANS. KEEP ON LAUGHING AS i SEE THE GREEN.LOL

I thought this article made some sense about facebook .......

When Facebook (FB) went public a year ago, it was billed as "the next Google." And then the company finally went public... and the stock flopped. A year later, Facebook's stock is down 40% from its IPO price, and few people seem excited about the company anymore. So, what gives? From a broad perspective, Facebook is going through the same maturation process that many rapidly growing tech companies have gone through. It is transitioning from hyper-growth to steadier growth, and the stock "multiple"--the price that investors are willing to pay for the shares relative to the company's earnings--is dropping accordingly. Importantly, this is nothing new: Google (GOOG) went through the same process from 2007 to 2012. Amazon (AMZN) went through the same process from 1999 to 2005 or so. As the growth of these companies slowed, and their results no longer positively surprised investors, their stock multiples compressed. The same thing is now happening to Facebook.

Some other facts to consider: Facebook's non-advertising revenue--payments, Gifts, etc.--is not growing at all. Specifically, payments revenue is declining, and the small revenue from Gifts, et al, are not yet meaningful enough to make this revenue line grow. This means that all of Facebook's growth has to come from ad revenue. Facebook's mobile revenue is already 30% of Facebook's total ad revenue--in part because the growth of Facebook's desktop ad revenue has flattened.

Facebook's mobile ad opportunity may already be more penetrated than you think. Facebook's user growth is now coming in emerging-market countries in which there is little to no advertising revenue. The 1 billion users that Facebook already has have most of the money and purchasing power in the world. So the next 2-3 billion users that Facebook adds won't be worth as much in terms of ad revenue as the 1 billion that Facebook already has. This, too, will likely temper the company's revenue growth rate.

5 reasons not to "like" Facebook

HOW IS YOUR OPINION HOLDING OUT TODAY.lollollollollollol