• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yep the stock many are waiting for is set to go public on May 17th. Now the question is will people take a chance? I think if you don't at least buy 100 shares you should not be in stocks. What do you think.

I hope you didn't pour your life savings in to FB, banking on that $500 number. It's still 29 bucks.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#22 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

I hope you didn't pour your life savings in to FB, banking on that $500 number. It's still 29 bucks.

I give all my stocks time. I bought at $39 ,500 shares and than when it hit around $26 ,I bought another 500. So I think if this is the worse it is, it should make me money by the 2nd quarter next year. I'm not like the normal ,today's investor.... I hold my stock but do watch it closely. Now if it had hit $20 I would have bought way more in it. If I love it at $39, I would want to marry it at $20.

#23 tkr

tkr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Did you marry it?

#24 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,777 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Facebook fell 6.5% to $19.83 in midmorning trading, after hitting an all-time intraday low of $19.76. About an hour into the session, more than 62 million shares had traded, more than twice the stock's average daily volume the past 30 days, according to FactSet.

The decline extended Facebook's plunge from its $38 initial public offer price. Facebook reported in late July that it swung to a loss in the second quarter as revenue growth slowed and costs rose, weighing on the shares.

Meanwhile, technology shares in the broader market rose,...

http://online.wsj.co...1764584372.html

It's no secret that institutional holdings are shorting fb like a hot turd. Sometimes it's best just to walk away. Learn from being Zuckerberged. It will save you millions over the course of a lifetime. It never pays to buy into something that has no intrinsic worth. It's a hula hoop company.

Invest in yourself.
"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#25 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

This guy is predicting $18 within nine months. I think that is closer to more likely.

http://finance.yahoo...s-29335949.html

it looks like it might only take three months
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#26 Retired Ramp Guy

Retired Ramp Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

I give all my stocks time. I bought at $39 ,500 shares and than when it hit around $26 ,I bought another 500. So I think if this is the worse it is, it should make me money by the 2nd quarter next year. I'm not like the normal ,today's investor.... I hold my stock but do watch it closely. Now if it had hit $20 I would have bought way more in it. If I love it at $39, I would want to marry it at $20.

1000 shr @ $32500....investment price per share 32.50.....

1000 shr @ $19.05....

Still planning to hold for another 9 months? good luck!

#27 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

I wonder how Facebook will destroy their service to counteract the sliding stock value?

#28 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

good luck, that's called catching a falling knife ........

buying on the way down because I knew better than everyone else led to my biggest loss ever in the stock market .......
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#29 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Well people I have to admit, I made a mistake.... I just bought another 1000 shares and hope it goes lower. I have a feeling by the 3rd quarter of next year my shares will give me a nice reward and those of you who laugh, laugh last.

#30 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

you probably will get you wish of even cheaper shares in the near future as the insiders unload billions of shares ......

read this article today, glad I sat this one out ......

At $18, using the correct share count (2.7 billion), Facebook is still valued at almost $50 billion. And it's still trading at ~28-times next year's projected earnings of $0.65, an estimate that looks just as likely to be too high as it is to be too low. Meanwhile, Apple is still trading at less than 15-times projected earnings. So you can't argue that Facebook is now "too cheap."

http://finance.yahoo...-160120121.html
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#31 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Dipped to $17.58 today.

#32 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Dipped to $17.58 today.

zuckerberg and a couple directors pledged they wouldn't sell any shares for a year after the lock down period ended .......

trying to stop the bleeding ......

Zuckerberg Won't Sell Facebook Stock for at Least 12 Months
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#33 Retired Ramp Guy

Retired Ramp Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

zuckerberg and a couple directors pledged they wouldn't sell any shares for a year after the lock down period ended .......

trying to stop the bleeding ......

Zuckerberg Won't Sell Facebook Stock for at Least 12 Months

Hopefully they will not break that pledge.

Wonder if they would sign a contract on that :eek:

#34 sage

sage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

No one ever is to blame? :confused: :D

Facebook Investors Know Exactly Whom to Blame
http://www.bloomberg...m-to-blame.html

#35 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Well people may I say I have done pretty well with my face book investment. It is true I bought at the IPO of $38but sold at 41. Than I rebought at 31 and thought oh no when the stock hit 28 so I sold it. When it hit below 18 I rebought all I sold and now am ahead of the game. So all you out there that thought I was crazy, well I guess it is all about getting in and out at the right times. Now I'm in it heavy at 18 and just sitting here waiting for the big pop. Don't be fooled, it will pop and as I see it Zuck is just waiting for all the non believers out there to get out completely. I still say in the long haul this stock will be a bonanza and when it hits 100, I want all you naysayers out there to say ,you were right. If it doesn't I still will be alright as I really don't think it will go below 19 ever again. Look out Appl and Priceline FB is ready to get up there with the big boys and there is no looking back.

#36 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Well people may I say I have done pretty well with my face book investment. It is true I bought at the IPO of $38but sold at 41. Than I rebought at 31 and thought oh no when the stock hit 28 so I sold it. When it hit below 18 I rebought all I sold and now am ahead of the game. So all you out there that thought I was crazy, well I guess it is all about getting in and out at the right times. Now I'm in it heavy at 18 and just sitting here waiting for the big pop. Don't be fooled, it will pop and as I see it Zuck is just waiting for all the non believers out there to get out completely. I still say in the long haul this stock will be a bonanza and when it hits 100, I want all you naysayers out there to say ,you were right. If it doesn't I still will be alright as I really don't think it will go below 19 ever again. Look out Appl and Priceline FB is ready to get up there with the big boys and there is no looking back.

So how will Facebook be generating all of this magical additional revenue to drive its price up to $100 considering it was heavily overvalued in the IPO?

#37 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

So how will Facebook be generating all of this magical additional revenue to drive its price up to $100 considering it was heavily overvalued in the IPO?

Facebook just hooked up with Apple today. Well folks time to get on the train.

#38 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

Facebook just hooked up with Apple today. Well folks time to get on the train.

Didn't they already have an iOS app? :confused:

#39 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Didn't they already have an iOS app? :confused:

Yep, one that has no advertising, which is how Facebook makes their money. The future is mobile, and Facebook hasn't figured out the mobile thing yet.

I've been using Facebook's ad-free (which I like) iOS app since I got my phone almost two years ago.

#40 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

Facebook is a joke as far as I'm concerned. I don't use it and never will. I suspect it will either be gone entirely or completely on the sidelines in five years or so. Technology moves too fast. Now, if Facebook gets involved in other aspects of communication, maybe they have a chance. But the future of "Like" this and "Like" that is short, relatively speaking.
"You cannot have a strong middle class without a strong labor movement."

President Barack Obama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users