51 replies to this topic

#41 Jack Dublin

Jack Dublin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Dipped to $17.58 today.

You are so wrong on politics, how can you be so right about Facebook?

Good call, old man.
"You cannot have a strong middle class without a strong labor movement."

President Barack Obama

#42 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Facebook will be a $500 stock in 1 year. You will be a fool not to invest in it. As far as social networking....it is in a class by itself and will buy up many companies and expand into other ventures. This is only the start of something bigger than google and AAPL. You heard this from me and in a year see who is right.

It's still only $23, so the answer is, "not you".

#43 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

I thought this article made some sense about facebook .......

When Facebook (FB) went public a year ago, it was billed as "the next Google." And then the company finally went public... and the stock flopped. A year later, Facebook's stock is down 40% from its IPO price, and few people seem excited about the company anymore. So, what gives? From a broad perspective, Facebook is going through the same maturation process that many rapidly growing tech companies have gone through. It is transitioning from hyper-growth to steadier growth, and the stock "multiple"--the price that investors are willing to pay for the shares relative to the company's earnings--is dropping accordingly. Importantly, this is nothing new: Google (GOOG) went through the same process from 2007 to 2012. Amazon (AMZN) went through the same process from 1999 to 2005 or so. As the growth of these companies slowed, and their results no longer positively surprised investors, their stock multiples compressed. The same thing is now happening to Facebook.

Some other facts to consider: Facebook's non-advertising revenue--payments, Gifts, etc.--is not growing at all. Specifically, payments revenue is declining, and the small revenue from Gifts, et al, are not yet meaningful enough to make this revenue line grow. This means that all of Facebook's growth has to come from ad revenue. Facebook's mobile revenue is already 30% of Facebook's total ad revenue--in part because the growth of Facebook's desktop ad revenue has flattened.
Facebook's mobile ad opportunity may already be more penetrated than you think. Facebook's user growth is now coming in emerging-market countries in which there is little to no advertising revenue. The 1 billion users that Facebook already has have most of the money and purchasing power in the world. So the next 2-3 billion users that Facebook adds won't be worth as much in terms of ad revenue as the 1 billion that Facebook already has. This, too, will likely temper the company's revenue growth rate.

5 reasons not to "like" Facebook

#44 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hey, look out, now! After 14 months, Facebook has finally surpassed it's IPO price.

$500, here we come!

#45 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Laugh all you want. Yes FB has had a rough start but now it is at it's ipo price. Larry if you don't get in you will be sorry. Likidin is off to the races and now that FB has solved their problems look for a $150 price at years end. Laugh but you should have bought at 20 like I did. Now who is laughing,HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

#46 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

He is crying now. Should have gotten in loser.

#47 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

You are so wrong on politics, how can you be so right about Facebook?

Good call, old man.

Jack Larry has not been right on any call. It takes brains to get in at $18, he passed and now is crying. Smart........not Larry

#48 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

FB may hit $100 before it's anniversary date. It looks like some of you may have egg on your face.

#49 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:38 PM

I have held my tongue for 2 years now. I bought this stock at $38, than again at $18. Now all you naysayers can eat my dust. Today over $110 and according to everything they are doing will eaSILY HIT $150 SOON. sO ALL YOU mY FACE AND TWITTER FANS. KEEP ON LAUGHING AS i SEE THE GREEN.LOL

#50 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

I thought this article made some sense about facebook .......

When Facebook (FB) went public a year ago, it was billed as "the next Google." And then the company finally went public... and the stock flopped. A year later, Facebook's stock is down 40% from its IPO price, and few people seem excited about the company anymore. So, what gives? From a broad perspective, Facebook is going through the same maturation process that many rapidly growing tech companies have gone through. It is transitioning from hyper-growth to steadier growth, and the stock "multiple"--the price that investors are willing to pay for the shares relative to the company's earnings--is dropping accordingly. Importantly, this is nothing new: Google (GOOG) went through the same process from 2007 to 2012. Amazon (AMZN) went through the same process from 1999 to 2005 or so. As the growth of these companies slowed, and their results no longer positively surprised investors, their stock multiples compressed. The same thing is now happening to Facebook.

Some other facts to consider: Facebook's non-advertising revenue--payments, Gifts, etc.--is not growing at all. Specifically, payments revenue is declining, and the small revenue from Gifts, et al, are not yet meaningful enough to make this revenue line grow. This means that all of Facebook's growth has to come from ad revenue. Facebook's mobile revenue is already 30% of Facebook's total ad revenue--in part because the growth of Facebook's desktop ad revenue has flattened.
Facebook's mobile ad opportunity may already be more penetrated than you think. Facebook's user growth is now coming in emerging-market countries in which there is little to no advertising revenue. The 1 billion users that Facebook already has have most of the money and purchasing power in the world. So the next 2-3 billion users that Facebook adds won't be worth as much in terms of ad revenue as the 1 billion that Facebook already has. This, too, will likely temper the company's revenue growth rate.

5 reasons not to "like" Facebook

HOW IS YOUR OPINION HOLDING OUT TODAY.lollollollollollol

#51 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:44 PM

http://online.wsj.co...1764584372.html

It's no secret that institutional holdings are shorting fb like a hot turd. Sometimes it's best just to walk away. Learn from being Zuckerberged. It will save you millions over the course of a lifetime. It never pays to buy into something that has no intrinsic worth. It's a hula hoop company.

Invest in yourself.

I love it when people doubt me. Seems like you once again loose.

#52 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hey, look out, now! After 14 months, Facebook has finally surpassed it's IPO price.

$500, here we come!

Now who has the last laugh. Not you HAHAHAHAHAHA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users