• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jessup270

jessup270

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

I was thinking of staying at a hotel near the BWI Business district light rail stop, while attending the 9/27 Thursday night Browns game.

Questions:

What has been your experience at this stop.

Is there usually enough parking.

Is it hard to get a train to this stop before and after the game.

Flying in from Florida for the game.

Thanks.

#2 RAVEN FAN

RAVEN FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

the light rail goes right to the stadium you will have to find out which one it is. they do get very crowed after the game.parking is very tight around the stadium and very high price wise to park.

Edited by RAVEN FAN, 08 May 2012 - 06:39 PM.
add some some info

#3 elj1201

elj1201

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

I was thinking of staying at a hotel near the BWI Business district light rail stop, while attending the 9/27 Thursday night Browns game.

Questions:

What has been your experience at this stop.

Is there usually enough parking.

Is it hard to get a train to this stop before and after the game.

Flying in from Florida for the game.

Thanks.

Going to game will be no problem as that station is towards the end of the line. Trains toward baltimore shouldn't be crowded no matter what the time. After the game crowds are pretty heavy for a good while, unless you leave game early anticipate waiting an hour or so for a train unless you feel like pushing through the crowds and cramming on a train. BWI Business station also has dedicated parking that shouldn't be an issue. Don't know why you need park if you're flying in. Also make sure you're on a BWI train on the way back as the track forks before BWI. The stop is very safe and in a good area. Enjoy your visit

#4 jessup270

jessup270

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Going to game will be no problem as that station is towards the end of the line. Trains toward baltimore shouldn't be crowded no matter what the time. After the game crowds are pretty heavy for a good while, unless you leave game early anticipate waiting an hour or so for a train unless you feel like pushing through the crowds and cramming on a train. BWI Business station also has dedicated parking that shouldn't be an issue. Don't know why you need park if you're flying in. Also make sure you're on a BWI train on the way back as the track forks before BWI. The stop is very safe and in a good area. Enjoy your visit

Thanks for the information, it is much appreciated.

#5 DingleBerries

DingleBerries

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Take the light rail there, walk to Fed Hill, have a few beers after the game, then take a cab home. I am a Bmore transplant in Ft. Lauderdale.

#6 raven1959

raven1959

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

why not stay in town? most hotels have shuttle from BWI and then you can walk to game, and lots of entertainment

#7 codefool

codefool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Light rail is usually fine and it seems to have a train about every 15 to 20 minutes on game day. Only trick about taking light rail from BWI is on the way back be sure to catch a train south heading towards BWI. Going that way there's a split where on train goes to Cromwell station and another to BWI. Be prepared to be packed in like cattle if you leave after 10:30am and there's about on average 30 minute wait to board back on after the game (and you will most defiantly be crammed in going home).

I used to take the light rail for about my first 5 years. Now I park in a parking garage just past Camden Yards if you are heading down Russel Street. It costs 25 per game but I find it's a lot easier to get out and home quickly. Its less than a 10 minute walk to the stadium. Would save me about 45 minutes getting home (Which means a lot more since I come down from South Jersey these days instead of when I lived in Owings Mills). Also if you head on down Russel Street (forget the name of the street Russel St turns into) but you can park near University of Maryland Hospital and its about $12 a game. If you park down near the hospital its about a 15 minute walk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users