Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

See This Food Stamp? You Didn't Work For That!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Someone else did that for you!
Unless you're one of the people who had a job for years and years and years until Hussein got selected.

#2 Bmoreteacher

Bmoreteacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Again...this is not national news, post in the open mic section with this sort of thing.

#3 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,844 posts
  • LocationIn the land of optimism

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Content no longer available.
To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#4 Cetshwayo

Cetshwayo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

The DOO (defenders of Obama) are reminiscent of the scutzstaffel waiting to surround and attack like piranahs anyone who makes the slightest hint of obamas failed policies or inadequacies.

#5 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,511 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

People with low paying jobs can qualify for foodstamps. And welfare has work requirements.
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#6 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,511 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

People with low paying jobs can qualify for foodstamps. And welfare has work requirements.
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#7 georjec2

georjec2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,471 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Unless you're one of the people who had a job for years and years and years until Hussein got selected.

What about the many military families that receive food stamps ? Did they work for it ? How about seniors and people who became disabled ? Do you include any of the people who were/are out of work before Hussein got in ?

This will be a short thread.

Researcher ? You watch too much Bill O'Really and Fox news.

Tell us about the Welfare the 1% has received riding the backs of the middle class in America. Oh wait you can't you haven't be programed to include them as welfare recipients...have you ? of course not the one percenter Rush Limbaugh has taught you to exclude them also.

Like I said this will be short lived thread. :cool:

#8 Cetshwayo

Cetshwayo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

georjec2 why are food stamps in baltimore called "food stance"?

#9 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,111 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

What about the many military families that receive food stamps ? Did they work for it ? How about seniors and people who became disabled ? Do you include any of the people who were/are out of work before Hussein got in ?

Tell us about the Welfare the 1% has received riding the backs of the middle class in America. Oh wait you can't you haven't be programed to include them as welfare recipients...have you ? of course not the one percenter Rush Limbaugh has taught you to exclude them also.

Like I said this will be short lived thread. :cool:

In the realm of silly rhetoric, the thread starters point is as valid as the Presidents goofy comments. Both come with backtracks and claifications after the fact.

That said, I disagree with the idea that corporate welfare and generational individual welfare represent the same side of the coin.

I realize that GM got great tax breaks for locating their transmission plant here in White Marsh, for example. But you're a bit off track if you equate that with the tax dollar supplied benefits of say, a single mom with 4 kids from different dads, which is the stereotypical image of a welfare recipiant.

Both images are based in reality. The difference is that GMs' welfare adds about 350 high paying jobs to this part of the county. This duality of definitions plays out all over. State and counties fight (with like incentives) to get corporations to locate in their jurisdictions, not only for bragging rights, but because corporate welfare more often than not represents a massive cash influx for the jurisdiction that gets the comapny to locate there.

This is very different from the safety net welfare.

#10 georjec2

georjec2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,471 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

georjec2 why are food stamps in baltimore called "food stance"?

I've never heard that Cetshwayo. I've always heard them call "stamps".

The supposedly "greatest country in the world" should not have hungry or starving people. Besides, people get hungry they get extra extra dangerous and if you think we live in a violent society now let people get hungry enough and see what kind of Mad Max country we'd all be living then. There's not enough police and jails in all of America to handle the resulting apocalypse. It's cheaper to feed em in the long run.

Have you and ever thought about that ? You personally wouldn't be safe if it weren't for food stamps.

And neither would TheResearcher.

P.S. Only an uneducated simpleton would call 'food stamps', "food stance". I hate to be around people like that don't you ? :)

#11 georjec2

georjec2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,471 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

In the realm of silly rhetoric, the thread starters point is as valid as the Presidents goofy comments. Both come with backtracks and claifications after the fact.

That said, I disagree with the idea that corporate welfare and generational individual welfare represent the same side of the coin.

I realize that GM got great tax breaks for locating their transmission plant here in White Marsh, for example. But you're a bit off track if you equate that with the tax dollar supplied benefits of say, a single mom with 4 kids from different dads, which is the stereotypical image of a welfare recipiant.

Both images are based in reality. The difference is that GMs' welfare adds about 350 high paying jobs to this part of the county. This duality of definitions plays out all over. State and counties fight (with like incentives) to get corporations to locate in their jurisdictions, not only for bragging rights, but because corporate welfare more often than not represents a massive cash influx for the jurisdiction that gets the comapny to locate there.

This is very different from the safety net welfare.

It would be dangerous for you too were it not for food stamps or 'food stance' depending on who's saying it. ;)

#12 Cetshwayo

Cetshwayo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

georjec2 can you determine why a third of Americans are overwieght or obese if hunger or starvation is rampant in Obamas America? If you can explain that you should be working for the United States Department of Agriculure.

Do you now retract your above claim that Obamas America has hungry and starving people?

Where is that danged Pizza delivery guy with my bread stix?

#13 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,111 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

I've never heard that Cetshwayo. I've always heard them call "stamps".

The supposedly "greatest country in the world" should not have hungry or starving people. Besides, people get hungry they get extra extra dangerous and if you think we live in a violent society now let people get hungry enough and see what kind of Mad Max country we'd all be living then. There's not enough police and jails in all of America to handle the resulting apocalypse. It's cheaper to feed em in the long run.

Have you and ever thought about that ? You personally wouldn't be safe if it weren't for food stamps.

And neither would TheResearcher.

P.S. Only an uneducated simpleton would call 'food stamps', "food stance". I hate to be around people like that don't you ? :)

Who in America is denied welfare type assistance? Our poor would be kings in just about any really poor country. Free housing, education, healthcare...if you need it, and are not taking advantage of it, you're not trying very hard.

Is that a decent existance? not to you and I, but we have large segments of the population that know how to take advantage of the safety net, and do it for generations. For too many, it becomes the norm, as pride is stripped and dependance is the reality. Many local governments benefit from this dependancy. This creates a constituantcy that spreads and before too long you have a large block that will obviously support more of the same and resist any sort of reduction.

This benefits the Democrat party in many jurisdictions, you must know that.

"people get hungry they get extra violent" ? Really? You think the Baltimore thugs that kill for a cell phone or whatever mindless reason do that because they're hungry?

#14 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,111 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

georjec2 can you determine why a third of Americans are overwieght or obese if hunger or starvation is rampant in Obamas America? If you can explain that you should be working for the United States Department of Agriculure.

Do you now retract your above claim that Obamas America has hungry and starving people?

An interesting point. In America, higher obesity rates are linked to lower income. I don't believe our inner cities are the most violent places in the country because people are starving..

#15 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,111 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

It would be dangerous for you too were it not for food stamps or 'food stance' depending on who's saying it. ;)

I'm not 100% sure I understand your point there, but IMO, a dependance culture that creates an entitlement POV among a given segment of the population is inherently destructive, and leads to a mindset that leads to violence, but not for the reasons you imply.

If you're born into a situation where you get stuff you haven't earned, not only is that "stuff" devalued, you get pissed when it's not supplied right away.

But you don't see people commiting acts of violence to get a loaf of bread or diapers, do you? The violence is typically associated with easy fast cash, as in drugs or superficial things.

#16 georjec2

georjec2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,471 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

Cetshwayo...something you and I agree on. :eek: :)

I would not mind seeing the food stamp allotment reduced for families that are obese. A weight based entitlement if you will. As I shop in the inner city supermarkets and see obese black women and their obese children and teens it has crossed my mind many times that what I'm seeing is a result of the foodstamp program and its blanket method of awarding recipients. In this way the government not only contributes to the obesity epidemic, which in the black community is higher than the 1/3 of all Americans that you've stated and closer to 50%, more above than below, but also abets it.

In the 'greojec2 FS Program' the more obese you and your family are the less you receive in FS. The benefits are twofold.
1. You would lessen the debt by lessening the amount of FS paid out each month.
2. You would decrease the # of people who are going to need medical services as this ticking time bomb called the 'obesity epidemic' explodes over the coming years.

I wouldn't care who feelings were hurt. If you are overweight and obese you FS should be adjusted because you are not starving. It is not the government and the taxpayers place or responsibility to feed people on food stamp the excessive amounts of food to which they have grown accustomed to.

Furthermore I don't see how the obese who receive FS could complain with feeling embarrassed or ashamed and it would be good for them healthwise. It would be good for the country.

Cetshwayo? What do you think about that idea. I wish I could get a job running the FS program.

Here is what I object to. I object to what I perceive as the largely Republican idea and mindset that the FS program should be completely eliminated or at least drastically reduced and much more difficult to get... for everyone !

Obama's America does not have starving Americans. Neither did G.W. Bush's so I fail to see why you single him out.

What I was saying in the previous post is we cannot have hungry and starving people in America which is what I sense people like TheResearcher wouldn't mind to teach 'those people' a lesson. The lesson would fail and would be dangerous for you, me and everyone.

Always a pleasure ! :)

#17 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

Wrong on both counts. But being wrong is what liberalism is all about.

#18 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Bloody Foreigner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,972 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

One day you may need food stamps, will I laugh?...
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

#19 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

Who in America is denied welfare type assistance? Our poor would be kings in just about any really poor country. Free housing, education, healthcare...if you need it, and are not taking advantage of it, you're not trying very hard.

There are plenty of kids going hungry in this country. But that's not because there isn't any type of assistance. It's because their scumbag parents aren't getting them food. There are the school breakfast/lunch programs in Baltimore because so many "parents" can't be trusted to feed their kids.

I advocate forced labor camps for the parents and plenty of food for the kids. :cool:

#20 georjec2

georjec2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,471 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

Wrong on both counts. But being wrong is what liberalism is all about.

Yeah I'm making it long aren't I. :D

What say you about post 16 ? What's your solution regarding foodstamps or is it just more bltch and moan from the far right wing of the conservative party. :)

Speaking of being wrong how's the conservative 'trickle down' policies Romney hopes will win him the whitehouse worked for the country ? Yeah !!! Oh yeah !!! Don't wanna touch that do you ???? :rwb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users