Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tsmonk

Man Jumps Off Bay Bridge and Survives

14 posts in this topic

Why rescue the fool? By jumping, it appears that he wanted to kill himself. They should have let him drown.

A man jumped from the highest spot on the Bay Bridge early Monday afternoon and was pulled — alive — from the water by Natural Resources Police.

The unidentified man was flown by State Police helicopter to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center. There is no word on his condition.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-bridge-jumper-20120730,0,7184902.story

Just like they should let all the thugs bleed to death on the street from their gunshot and stab wounds. Would save the city a ton of money in resources, not to mention saving the Red Cross from pleaing for blood donors every six months. ;)

The government has an obligation to rescue people who are injured on public property.

Suicidal people have an obligation to do the deed competently and with as little inconvenience to others as possible. Jumping off the Bay Bridge is very inconvenient and (as in this case) can be incompetent as well.

I can't imagine choosing that way to kill myself. I mean, seriously, that sure does leave a LOT of time to think...."Oh, I wish I hadn't done that" before splatting in the water. Then, when it doesn't work, oh the hurtin one would be feeling! Yikes!

I can't imagine choosing that way to kill myself. I mean, seriously, that sure does leave a LOT of time to think...."Oh, I wish I hadn't done that" before splatting in the water. Then, when it doesn't work, oh the hurtin one would be feeling! Yikes!
It's a very selfish way to go, even if successful (freaks out bystanders; makes rescuers have to find the body). There are methods of suicide that are far more considerate of others.

I hope he had the decency to leave his keys in his car.

I think that is a problem with choosing bridge jumping- over water anyway, as a suicide method, it seems to me not unusual to survive that at all, depends on how you hit the water. I cant't fathom ever wanting to do myself in, but if I did, hopefully I would choose a sure method, as to linger on wounded, paralyzed, suffering etc. would seen far worse than death, especially to one who is suicidal. They don't like life as it is, let alone if they're f'ed up phyisically.

Close all bridges they can kill or injure. Hope he wasn't wearing a shirt that said "Suicide don’t kill people bridges do”

Just like they should let all the thugs bleed to death on the street from their gunshot and stab wounds. Would save the city a ton of money in resources, not to mention saving the Red Cross from pleaing for blood donors every six months. ;)

That would raise the murder rate which would make the mayor unhappy.

Give the guy plane fare to SF and a tour of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I walked over the GG with the kids once .......

it was pretty intense out there in the middle looking down with the wind whipping :eek: ......

pills and booze, if you want to do it, that's the way .....

no mess for others to clean up .....

If that guy who survived the Bay Bridge jump recovers and gets released from the hospital, and if he still wants to commit suicide, then I have a suggestion for a sure fire way for him to be a success. All he has to do is to wait along the train tracks that Amtrak runs. When he sees a train zipping along from a distance, he can run out and lie across the tracks. The train won’t be able to stop in time, and I doubt that he will feel a thing.

If that guy who survived the Bay Bridge jump recovers and gets released from the hospital, and if he still wants to commit suicide, then I have a suggestion for a sure fire way for him to be a success. All he has to do is to wait along the train tracks that Amtrak runs. When he sees a train zipping along from a distance, he can run out and lie across the tracks. The train won’t be able to stop in time, and I doubt that he will feel a thing.

...and I'm sure the train engineer will sleep well every night for the rest of his life :rolleyes:

Maybe, it just may happen to you, have a nice day.