mythoughts

RGIII beats Andrew Luck

550 posts in this topic

I saw part of the first half of that game. Andrew Luck is going to be a very good QB in the game in just a couple of years. He made some nice plays and threw a good TD pass. What the Colts organization does moving forward remains to be seen, but if they surround him with playmakers, he shows all the signs of being a guy who will be mentioned in the same conversation as Manning, Brady and Brees very soon. Colts will take their lumps this year because they need help in a lot of areas, but if Luck can stay healthy, he will be a good one.

Again...say it w/me.....preseason.

That said.....I was thrilled watching these 2 guys go at it. There were times I actually found myself rooting for Griff a couple times (if certainly not WAS its self).....he is just that likable and that exciting a talent.

It will be awesome watching these 2 guys grow and develop....maybe all the way to facing off for the Lombardi one day. B)

That said.....I was thrilled watching these 2 guys go at it. There were times I actually found myself rooting for Griff a couple times (if certainly not WAS its self).....he is just that likable and that exciting a talent.

It will be awesome watching these 2 guys grow and develop....maybe all the way to facing off for the Lombardi one day. B)

rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt...it's only preseason....sure it is, that's why the moron started this thread ---> http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=319878 should go play in traffic....

luck will be fine but the colts are terrible .......

they will get the #1 pick again this year ......

pags walked into a tough situation right after they cleaned house .....

Luck is the real deal.

RGIII, however, is Kordell Stewart v2.0 - he will be right up there with Jamarcus and Vince Young - draft busts.

This pick will set Washington back 10 years.

luck will be fine but the colts are terrible .......

they will get the #1 pick again this year ......

pags walked into a tough situation right after they cleaned house .....

The Jags -- at least w/o MJD -- might even be worse.

Both Luck and Griffin showed some of what will make them good players. Luck had some better looking throws, like the TD, but also had more rookie mistakes. It looked like the Redskins played Griffin very conservatively other than letting him throw three deep tries. He only rolled out once and I expect to see a lot of that.

Its amazing my team has a rookie QB and my main concerns are with the defense. Our secondary is horrible.

Luck will be better than RG in the long run but remember luck went to the worse team in the league and they cleaned house and might have got worse ......

I still think RG will not live up to all the hype ......

Skins 30

Luckless Dolts 17

I'll take Luck over Griffin any day of the week.

Luck will be better than RG in the long run but remember luck went to the worse team in the league and they cleaned house and might have got worse ......

I still think RG will not live up to all the hype ......

Luck is better in the short run also. Look at their stats.

I wish the Dolts had Griffin and the Skins Luck. Not that I like the Skins that much but I despise the Irsays. Luck is going to be good fast. RG III is Kordell Stewart Jr. He made a roll out and throw for a TD in the redzone, big deal. Defenses will now be planning for that so he better learn how to throw the ball while standing tall in the pocket. Sort of like Flacco did in his first TD throw to Boldin against the Jags. I give 50-50 odds that RGIII winds up a bust. Luck, I would give 50-50 odds he will resemble Peyton moreso than Carson Palmer in his career.

RGIII didn't beat Luck. Their stats were close, and if anything, Luck beat RGIII. (The SKINS, however, did beat the Colts -- in pre-season.)

;)

Luck is the real deal.

RGIII, however, is Kordell Stewart v2.0 - he will be right up there with Jamarcus and Vince Young - draft busts.

He just does not have the size needed to be sucessful in the NFL like Flacco or Cam Newton or Brady take your pick. Not his fault just a physical limitation. Might wind up like Troy Smith.

I'll take Luck over Griffin any day of the week.

At best Luck will be another Kyle Boller

Luck > 20 INTS; < 10 TDs

Wasn't it a couple weeks ago that you said Joe Flacco was terrible and pre season is a way to see what a guy will do. That no matter what Pre Season is important. Now after the great game Flacco had and the bad game by your boy. It seems once again you go back on your word

He just does not have the size needed to be sucessful in the NFL like Flacco or Cam Newton or Brady take your pick. Not his fault just a physical limitation. Might wind up like Troy Smith.

Griffin is 6' 2" and 217...that's bigger than Brees, who is only 6' 0" (maybe) 208, Mike Vick is 6'0", 207-- two guys who have been successful despite what you label as "physical limitation".....

Griffin is just about the same size as the great Mark Sanchez who checks in at 6'2" and 225....

none of the QB's in the NFL are world class sprinters....Griffin is....he's a very smart, very humble guy....nobody thought he'd be a decent QB in college...he proved people wrong....he's going to prove his critics wrong in the NFL as well....

comparing this guy to either Troy Smith or Kordell Stewart is flat out wrong...

none of the QB's in the NFL are world class sprinters....Griffin is....he's a very smart, very humble guy....nobody thought he'd be a decent QB in college...he proved people wrong....he's going to prove his critics wrong in the NFL as well....

From everything I've read about the guy, even if he is an NFL washout, he has a brilliant future ahead of him. He's even said he'd like to pursue Rio Olympics. Plus, apparently, he's a brainiac.

Insane.

At best Luck will be another Kyle Boller

Luck > 20 INTS; < 10 TDs

Certifiable.

Griffin is 6' 2" and 217...that's bigger than Brees, who is only 6' 0" (maybe) 208, Mike Vick is 6'0", 207-- two guys who have been successful despite what you label as "physical limitation".....

Griffin is just about the same size as the great Mark Sanchez who checks in at 6'2" and 225....

comparing this guy to either Troy Smith or Kordell Stewart is flat out wrong...

How has Vick been sucessful when he misses more games than he plays from injuries? Brees plays more than half his games indoors where his passes are not affected by wind, rain cold or snow so his slight size is not a factor. Didnt Griffith miss games in college from injuries incurred from running the ball? If college players injured him when he ran what do you think will happen in the NFL when bigger and faster guys take a shot at him?

How has Vick been sucessful when he misses more games than he plays from injuries? Brees plays more than half his games indoors where his passes are not affected by wind, rain cold or snow so his slight size is not a factor. Didnt Griffith miss games in college from injuries incurred from running the ball? If college players injured him when he ran what do you think will happen in the NFL when bigger and faster guys take a shot at him?

I see a lot of backtracking and what ifs, but nothing to back up your claims...which is what I thought in the first place....vick plays outdoors, so did brees in SD....

did griffin miss games?? I would an expert like you would know that....but just because i abhor laziness, I'll lend you a hand here...in 2011 and 2010 he started all 26 games for Baylor...he didn't finish a few because the coach put others in to play....he was a medical redshirt in 2009 as he had a slight ACL tear (not complete) and he played in all 12 Baylor games as a freshman starting 11 of those....despite that injury, he remains a world class hurdler....who was the last world class hurdler to play in the NFL?

so what you are telling me is despite his size, the level of competition he faced in college, he's in danger? no really?? no more danger than any other player on the field...

rule of thumb-- if the hole you are digging is getting deeper, stop digging...

Some of the comparisons literally made me laugh out loud. Kordell Stewart? Vince Young? Do you know what "skill set" means?

Thank you to CYHMN for being thoughtful and reasonable.

Some of the comparisons literally made me laugh out loud. Kordell Stewart? Vince Young? Do you know what "skill set" means?

Thank you to CYHMN for being thoughtful and reasonable.

well go away and come back in 5 years and tell us we were wrong .....

I see a lot of backtracking and what ifs, but nothing to back up your claims...which is what I thought in the first place....vick plays outdoors, so did brees in SD....

did griffin miss games?? I would an expert like you would know that....but just because i abhor laziness, I'll lend you a hand here...in 2011 and 2010 he started all 26 games for Baylor...he didn't finish a few because the coach put others in to play....he was a medical redshirt in 2009 as he had a slight ACL tear (not complete) and he played in all 12 Baylor games as a freshman starting 11 of those....despite that injury, he remains a world class hurdler....who was the last world class hurdler to play in the NFL?

so what you are telling me is despite his size, the level of competition he faced in college, he's in danger? no really?? no more danger than any other player on the field...

rule of thumb-- if the hole you are digging is getting deeper, stop digging...

Ok mr. Expert tell me who the hell drafts a QB in the NFL because he is, a world class hurdler? Level of competition? Is Baylor in the SEC? What has happened over the years to Vick trying to be both a passer and runner? If he tries to emulate Vick he is going to be ina hell of a lot more danger then a drop back QB like Brady or Flacco or anyother QB who depends on his arm and head and not his legs.