mythoughts

RGIII beats Andrew Luck

550 posts in this topic

well go away and come back in 5 years and tell us we were wrong .....

Oh, I will. It would be nice if your "analysis" consisted of anything more than your hatred of the Redskins though. Let's see, he's got a fantastic arm, world class speed and is extremely bright. Which of those facets did any of the comparisons have? That's right, none of them.

Oh, I will. It would be nice if your "analysis" consisted of anything more than your hatred of the Redskins though. Let's see, he's got a fantastic arm, world class speed and is extremely bright. Which of those facets did any of the comparisons have? That's right, none of them.

So what? Kordell Stewart had an MVP season but he still wasn't a very good NFL QB and he had the same skill set. Problem is, RGIII isn't good as a pocket passer and he will constantly fight the urge to run when pressured, just like Vick does, and will end up getting hurt. Mark my words, you read it here first. Try and learn something for once on this site.

So what? Kordell Stewart had an MVP season but he still wasn't a very good NFL QB and he had the same skill set. Problem is, RGIII isn't good as a pocket passer and he will constantly fight the urge to run when pressured, just like Vick does, and will end up getting hurt. Mark my words, you read it here first. Try and learn something for once on this site.

Consider this post bookmarked and saved in order to be brought back when Griff comes out looking like Camtastic did last year....maybe even a bit better.

Consider this post bookmarked and saved in order to be brought back when Griff comes out looking like Camtastic did last year....maybe even a bit better.

I'd fill my hard drive, one kilobyte at a time, bookmarking all of your posts where you turned out to be wrong.

Bookmark it all you want boy. Cam Newton is a unique physical speciman. RGII other than speed - not so much. Even Joe Theisman, Redskin homer, said he better settle down and learn how to slide or go out of bounds or he will get killed. His skill set and potential falls somwhere between Michael Vick and Tyrod Taylor. As such, I would say Kordell Stewart is probably a decent comparison and his true upside. Look for this much, Luck and RGIII to be among the league leaders in throwing picks!:D:p

I'd fill my hard drive, one kilobyte at a time, bookmarking all of your posts where you turned out to be wrong.

I hope you have a Peta-byte Hard Drive !

How has Vick been sucessful when he misses more games than he plays from injuries?

We agree on this. Vick hasn't played enough to be able to draw any meaningful conclusions as to where he might be ranked as a NFL QB.

Brees plays more than half his games indoors where his passes are not affected by wind, rain cold or snow so his slight size is not a factor.

Bress has numerous passing records while at Purdue...and most of his opponents were against cold/foul weather teams in the Big Ten.

BiG fans always talk about how the SEC teams have an advantage because they rarely play any games in bad weather. I for one would love to see how SEC teams would do in a BCS game played up North...in January. :eek:

But DB competed very well in college in the rain, wind and snow...and I'm sure he could do the same in the NFL. While in SD he was outside, but rarely had to deal with bad weather. Growing up in SD myself, about the most he would have to contend with, would be the wind.

I was at the game and I would say RGIII didn't look bad. The Redskins looked a heck of a lot better team than the Colts who I think have a long season a head of them. They dont' even anyone who can run the ball.

I see a lot of backtracking and what ifs, but nothing to back up your claims...which is what I thought in the first place....vick plays outdoors, so did brees in SD....

did griffin miss games?? I would an expert like you would know that....but just because i abhor laziness, I'll lend you a hand here...in 2011 and 2010 he started all 26 games for Baylor...he didn't finish a few because the coach put others in to play....he was a medical redshirt in 2009 as he had a slight ACL tear (not complete) and he played in all 12 Baylor games as a freshman starting 11 of those....despite that injury, he remains a world class hurdler....who was the last world class hurdler to play in the NFL?

so what you are telling me is despite his size, the level of competition he faced in college, he's in danger? no really?? no more danger than any other player on the field...

rule of thumb-- if the hole you are digging is getting deeper, stop digging...

Renaldo Nehemia?

Considering you know nothing, that isn't possible. Kordell Stewart didn't have remotely the same skill set as Griffin. Griffin is a BETTER pocket passer. He has a much stronger arm.

I don't know if Griffin will be a success in the NFL or not, but I can tell you having listened to him and watched him that I hope he is. He has (at least appears to have, anyway) world class character, and is an intelligent, well-spoken type that the NFL needs more of.

I will also say that I feel like a lot of people hear "fast quarterback" and assume he's someone who has no accuracy. Griffin doesn't fit that mold (or at least he didn't in college). The number one statistic that seems to indicate if a college qb can make the jump to the NFL and be successful is pass completion percentage, and Griffin's was a ridiculous 72% in college his final year. Sure, take away 5% or so for not playing against SEC defenses, but he was still very very accurate with the ball.

If people don't quite understand mechanics, release point, etc., there is a simpler rule to use. It is called the 26-27-60 rule. If a QB scores 26 on the Wonderlic, starts 27 or more games in college and completes more than 60% of his passes, he stands a good chance of succeeding in the NFL.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/07/08/qb.rule/index.html

There are exceptions of course but it is a decent predictor still. RG3 fits in there.

Another thing being missed by the haters is that intelligence plays a huge role in QB success and this is a kid who was an honor student in high school and graduated early from college, also with honors.

If people don't quite understand mechanics, release point, etc., there is a simpler rule to use. It is called the 26-27-60 rule. If a QB scores 26 on the Wonderlic, starts 27 or more games in college and completes more than 60% of his passes, he stands a good chance of succeeding in the NFL.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/07/08/qb.rule/index.html

There are exceptions of course but it is a decent predictor still. RG3 fits in there.

Another thing being missed by the haters is that intelligence plays a huge role in QB success and this is a kid who was an honor student in high school and graduated early from college, also with honors.

no fair ......

you said you were going away for 5 years and then coming back to tell us we were all wrong .....

Considering you know nothing, that isn't possible. Kordell Stewart didn't have remotely the same skill set as Griffin. Griffin is a BETTER pocket passer. He has a much stronger arm.

He may indeed have a stronger arm. I do not disagree. However, there is more to being a good pocket passer than having a strong arm. (See Wikepedia- Boller, Kyle NFL careeer stats).:eek: IMHO RGIII looks as comfortable in the pocket as Joe Theisman taking a vow of silence.:P

Yeah, so what, blah, blah, blah. Just heard on the Morning Kickoff on Sirius radio that Ryan Tannenhill, the Dolphins rookie QB was studying to be an Orthopedic Surgeon in college, yet thought the KC Chiefs were in the NFC East and stated that he knew most of the NFL conferences (there are only two last time I checked) but not the divisions! So much for intelligence>>> or lack thereof!:D

Now there's an argument. Ryan Tannehill doesn't know what teams are in what division so RG3 won't be good because of his intelligence.

Also, Tannehill wasn't in med school, ever. He had an undergrad in biology though.

He may indeed have a stronger arm. I do not disagree. However, there is more to being a good pocket passer than having a strong arm. (See Wikepedia- Boller, Kyle NFL careeer stats).:eek: IMHO RGIII looks as comfortable in the pocket as Joe Theisman taking a vow of silence.:P

Kyle Boller had one college season where he completed more than half his passes. RG3's worst year was 59%. 65, 67 and 72 were his other three. :D

On to your next bad example, Hadley.

Kyle Boller had one college season where he completed more than half his passes. RG3's worst year was 59%. 65, 67 and 72 were his other three. :D

I watched him play a few times in college .......

roll out, throw it 5 yards .....

repeat ......

I watched him play a few times in college .......

repeat ......

And yet he had a 14 YPC average his last season. All those deep passes in all the tape I saw on him must have been photoshopped.

Why the hate though? The inferiority complex is alive and well.

You totally missed the point but that was to be expected. I was not comparing his overall ability to Boller, just his arm. If he isn't light years better than Boller you better sue him for fraud. Heck, I will say the same about your backup QB you drafted. He should be a lot better than the putrid Boller, as well. Kordell Stewart was a HOF level QB compared to Boller!:eek:

Kordell Stewart was a HOF level QB compared to Boller!:eek:

I'm no Boller fan, but your assumption is exaggerated. Kordell was just as bad (or good) as Boller.

Boller had a lifetime completion percentage (56.7%) higher than Kordell (55.8%) as well as a higher TD percentage, and their interception percentage (3.6%) is identical.

You totally missed the point but that was to be expected. I was not comparing his overall ability to Boller, just his arm. If he isn't light years better than Boller you better sue him for fraud. Heck, I will say the same about your backup QB you drafted. He should be a lot better than the putrid Boller, as well. Kordell Stewart was a HOF level QB compared to Boller!:eek:

Oh, if you don't want to compare him to Boller, I would avoid using Boller as a comparison, which is what you did. Derp

Renaldo Nehemia?

yep....

It was the first person that came to mind. I went with it. :D