mythoughts

RGIII beats Andrew Luck

550 posts in this topic

i was at maryland when renaldo was there, met him a few times and had the privileged to watch him work out and compete .....

one of the greatest hurdlers of all time but not much of a football player ......

in reality, there wasn't much money in track back then so they had to make the switch to cash in (especially after an olympic boycott) ......

rod woodson was a world class hurdler who qualified for the olympic trails and was a HOF football player ......

Oh, if you don't want to compare him to Boller, I would avoid using Boller as a comparison, which is what you did. Derp

Unless you totally lack reading comprehension skills. you should have easily seen that I was only using Boller's arm in comparison, not his career stats. Since I know that you can read and comprehend so that is not the issue, it is just another example of you being a contrarian on a board where the obvious majority share polar opposite views.

I'm no Boller fan, but your assumption is exaggerated. Kordell was just as bad (or good) as Boller.

Boller had a lifetime completion percentage (56.7%) higher than Kordell (55.8%) as well as a higher TD percentage, and their interception percentage (3.6%) is identical.

AGain, you are using stats only. How many MVP or probowls did Boller ever make? How many times did Boller lead the Ravens to the playoffs? How about a big fat ZERO.

AGain, you are using stats only. How many MVP or probowls did Boller ever make? How many times did Boller lead the Ravens to the playoffs? How about a big fat ZERO.

I'm not disputing that, Boller sucked.

What I am disputing is your contention that "compared to Boller, Kordell is a Hall of Famer" which is utterly ridiculous.

Kordell sucked just as much. The Steelers made the playoffs in spite of Kordell, not because of him.

Kordell made 1 Pro Bowl (1 more than Boller) and never led the league in any passing category (same as Boller).

Hardly "HoF" material, even compared directly to Boller.

They both sucked, period.

Unless you totally lack reading comprehension skills. you should have easily seen that I was only using Boller's arm in comparison, not his career stats. Since I know that you can read and comprehend so that is not the issue, it is just another example of you being a contrarian on a board where the obvious majority share polar opposite views.

Right, and the only reason you think Griffin will fail is because he's a Redskin. You have nothing at all to back it up but that's not surprising.

Right, and the only reason you think Griffin will fail is because he's a Redskin. You have nothing at all to back it up but that's not surprising.

Nothing but my 49 years of watching NFL football which is probably more years than you have been on the planet. That is what told me Boller was a terrible bust of a QB right away almost as soon as I saw him play in his first one or two pre-season games. Similar to RGIII, although I will say RG can no way on earth ever be as bad as Boller is and was.

Oh STFU. The one year where Boller seemed to play well enough to give us a chance to win in the playoffs we sat him in favor of a washed up has been with no arm. That was Billick's fault.

People constantly degrade Boller on these forums, but the fact remains the Raven's offensive coaching and personell were putrid compared to what they are now.

Boller deserves lots of kicks as a disappointment, but he was classy and brave person while he was here, and for a period of a few years he seemed to get better and more effective, but he was never good enough to silence his haters.

I think if we had Payton Manning and yet everything else was still the same, the difference is maybe one successful playoff run. That is what Boller "cost" us. Well, that and the fact that many of his detractors were too damn blind to see the other defects in the offense and the coaching staff because they were so busy focusing on him and his "funny feet".

Nothing but my 49 years of watching NFL football which is probably more years than you have been on the planet. That is what told me Boller was a terrible bust of a QB right away almost as soon as I saw him play in his first one or two pre-season games. Similar to RGIII, although I will say RG can no way on earth ever be as bad as Boller is and was.

Yes, you have watched football longer than I have been alive. That just makes your ignorance that much sadder. I do love when you've been undressed with stats a facts, you always resort to "I've watched football for a long time" der dee der dee derp. No one buys that argument except maybe your dumb kids.

Oh STFU. The one year where Boller seemed to play well enough to give us a chance to win in the playoffs we sat him in favor of a washed up has been with no arm. That was Billick's fault.

People constantly degrade Boller on these forums, but the fact remains the Raven's offensive coaching and personell were putrid compared to what they are now.

Boller deserves lots of kicks as a disappointment, but he was classy and brave person while he was here, and for a period of a few years he seemed to get better and more effective, but he was never good enough to silence his haters.

I think if we had Payton Manning and yet everything else was still the same, the difference is maybe one successful playoff run. That is what Boller "cost" us. Well, that and the fact that many of his detractors were too damn blind to see the other defects in the offense and the coaching staff because they were so busy focusing on him and his "funny feet".

It was "happy feet", but I hear what you're saying. And I agree. Billick made Cam Cameron look like Bill Walsh. And at least at first, Cameron's improved offense was noticeable. However, his ceiling became apparent, and unless or until that changes, the Ravens offense is still going to be less than elite to say the least.

Better, more effective? That clown could barely run without tripping over air. He was possibly the most clutzy NFL QB I have ever seen, although the Baltimore Colts had one named Marty Domres who may have been even worse. He cost the team more than one playoff run and cost Billick his job. Boller had zero touch on his passes, couldn't even throw a soft screen pass and hit the back with timing.

His footwork was atrocious as was his mechanics. He would trip over the centers feet more than any other NFL QB I have ever seen, same as having passes knocked down at the LOS. He once had three straight against the winless Dolphins no less! He was replaced by Troy Smith who immediately should have won the game if not for Billick's stupidity. At any rate, Boller was a scatter armed- scatter brained, hyperactive, loser of an NFL QB. Period. End of story.

Better, more effective? That clown could barely run without tripping over air. He was possibly the most clutzy NFL QB I have ever seen, although the Baltimore Colts had one named Marty Domres who may have been even worse. He cost the team more than one playoff run and cost Billick his job. Boller had zero touch on his passes, couldn't even throw a soft screen pass and hit the back with timing.

His footwork was atrocious as was his mechanics. He would trip over the centers feet more than any other NFL QB I have ever seen, same as having passes knocked down at the LOS. He once had three straight against the winless Dolphins no less! He was replaced by Troy Smith who immediately should have won the game if not for Billick's stupidity. At any rate, Boller was a scatter armed- scatter brained, hyperactive, loser of an NFL QB. Period. End of story.

From Wiki:

Career highlights

Second all-time Baltimore Ravens record for most career passing yards (7,846). (passed by Joe Flacco on October 17, 2010)

2nd most games played as Baltimore Ravens quarterback (55).

2nd most games started as Baltimore Ravens quarterback (42).

Most seasons as Baltimore Ravens quarterback (6).

His record as a starter in full games for the Ravens was 21-19. His home record at M&T Bank Stadium as a starter was 16-7.

Boller has 9 career games with QB ratings over 100. He also has 11 career games with at least 1 TD thrown and 0 INTs.

In 2005, he led the Ravens to back to back primetime wins over the Packers and Vikings. The Ravens won those two games with a combined 78-26, with Boller throwing 6 TDs and 1 INT. The 48-3 victory over the Favre led Green Bay Packers, remains a Monday Night Football record.

His 4 TD, 0 INT game in 2004 against the New York Giants, still stands as the best scoring performance by a Baltimore Ravens QB. Vinnie Testaverde is second, with 4 TDs and 1 INT vs. the Denver Broncos in the Ravens' inaugural season, 1996.

I suggest you go back to elementary school. It's undeniable that Boller was not the worst quarterback the Ravens ever had, and it's also undeniable that he was not a quarterback that could never do anything right.

Why don't you take up a new hobby other than Boller bashing? Perhaps you could write love letters to prisoners on death row or something more useful and more in tune with your obvious intellectual talents.

From Wiki:

Career highlights

Second all-time Baltimore Ravens record for most career passing yards (7,846). (passed by Joe Flacco on October 17, 2010)

2nd most games played as Baltimore Ravens quarterback (55).

2nd most games started as Baltimore Ravens quarterback (42).

Most seasons as Baltimore Ravens quarterback (6).

His record as a starter in full games for the Ravens was 21-19. His home record at M&T Bank Stadium as a starter was 16-7.

Boller has 9 career games with QB ratings over 100. He also has 11 career games with at least 1 TD thrown and 0 INTs.

In 2005, he led the Ravens to back to back primetime wins over the Packers and Vikings. The Ravens won those two games with a combined 78-26, with Boller throwing 6 TDs and 1 INT. The 48-3 victory over the Favre led Green Bay Packers, remains a Monday Night Football record.

His 4 TD, 0 INT game in 2004 against the New York Giants, still stands as the best scoring performance by a Baltimore Ravens QB. Vinnie Testaverde is second, with 4 TDs and 1 INT vs. the Denver Broncos in the Ravens' inaugural season, 1996.

I suggest you go back to elementary school. It's undeniable that Boller was not the worst quarterback the Ravens ever had, and it's also undeniable that he was not a quarterback that could never do anything right.

Why don't you take up a new hobby other than Boller bashing? Perhaps you could write love letters to prisoners on death row or something more useful and more in tune with your obvious intellectual talents.

Maybe you should go back to kindergarten as you certainly are not an Einstein when it comes to observation of a putrid NFL QB named Boller. Maybe you should get your nose out of a stats book and look at some games son. Boller may have had a four TD game agains the Giants but I remember that game and Curtis Painter could have done the same as the defense set Boller up for chip shot after chip shot as far as a short field. While you are pointing out that game, I point out Boller's last stand of a game where he ws benched for putrid play against the winless Miami Dolphin squad led by Cam Cameron.

Yep, Billick benched his boy who looked like he was playing while intoxicated as I will never forget that series where he had THREE (yes you read that correctly) passes in a row knocked down at the LOS. That is unheard of and probably a Hall of Shame record. The much shorter and vertically challenged Troy Smith came in and put Bollerboy to shame, as I don't think he had a passes knocked down and darn near pulled out that game that Blunderboy had stunk up the field previously.

Maybe you should go back to kindergarten as you certainly are not an Einstein when it comes to observation of a putrid NFL QB named Boller. Maybe you should get your nose out of a stats book and look at some games son. Boller may have had a four TD game agains the Giants but I remember that game and Curtis Painter could have done the same as the defense set Boller up for chip shot after chip shot as far as a short field. While you are pointing out that game, I point out Boller's last stand of a game where he ws benched for putrid play against the winless Miami Dolphin squad led by Cam Cameron.

Yep, Billick benched his boy who looked like he was playing while intoxicated as I will never forget that series where he had THREE (yes you read that correctly) passes in a row knocked down at the LOS. That is unheard of and probably a Hall of Shame record. The much shorter and vertically challenged Troy Smith came in and put Bollerboy to shame, as I don't think he had a passes knocked down and darn near pulled out that game that Blunderboy had stunk up the field previously.

I will give you that his footwork WAS atrocious. I will also state that I know we both agree that Joe Flacco is a better quarterback than Boller, and probably we both agree that Flacco is the best quarterback the Ravens have ever had.

I don't feel sorry for Boller. Insofar as he got a "raw deal" at times here, there are and have been times he stunk up our place up just as he mostly has been paid for playing stinkers the past 4 years on other teams. I think he's had like two halfway decent games in 4 years, thrown a whole bunch of stinkers and mostly sat on his can whilst collecting $. The haters have always had some legitimate gripes, and yet call me crazy but I believe if we had started him or even put him at halftime (when it was obvious that Mr Multiple Interception McNair was having a bad day) we would have won that game versus the Colts rather than losing. That was the one time and the one year he looked like a winner at least to me.

He's always remained a classy decent person in and out of the game, and he's currently retiring at a young age with millions in the bank, a former beauty contest winner wife and a young kid, so good for him, and :P (tongue sticking out) to the ones who took it beyond the football field.

For some reason your reply to me made me chuckle, so I do bid you a good day.

It was "happy feet", but I hear what you're saying. And I agree. Billick made Cam Cameron look like Bill Walsh. And at least at first, Cameron's improved offense was noticeable. However, his ceiling became apparent, and unless or until that changes, the Ravens offense is still going to be less than elite to say the least.

I know we had some disagreements last year after the loss, which I really don't think can be laid at Cameron's feet. I think a little luck we win that game, as missing a chip field goal and the dropping of a good pass in the endzone seem to be the reasons we lost it, and not one of Cameron's offensive blind spots (which you do often illustrate).

I think we also disagree in that I think Cameron mostly does enough to put us in position to win; I agree with you in that he is not a top 5 OC and does not always get the very most out of his offensive pieces. Still, his offenses - even adding for sake of comparison the fact that we've got better receivers, a better quarterback, and that overall the offensive line has been no worse than doing the Billick years and arguably better in some ways at times - are still Night and Day from the Offensive Genius Billick's years. I don't automatically think we've lost if we fall behind by two touchdowns anymore (more than two touchdowns, yeah, then I sometimes give up if the touchdowns are not because of mistakes). Actually, in the past, with one or two years excepting, it was often enough to be behind by more than 7 points to drive me to despair: I remember being behind by 10 points in quite a few games, having at least 2 quarters left, and yet feeling the game was as good as over.

I like Billick as a man and overall as a Head Coach: he had character and was good enough to win a SB if the Defense could carry it, but he was not an offensive genius and I came to the conclusion around 2004 or so that his success with the Vikings was mostly due to his offensive personell more so than his schemes. His ability to motivate was the most important thing he brought as a Head Coach.

But I like the ones we have better.

So here's my deal with you: IF they replace CC with a top 5 OC I will agree its an upgrade, otherwise I honestly feel we are fine staying pat.

Edited by CIB

I watched the 1st half and other then a bad 20 yard throw that garcon snaged and ran 80+ yards when the saints ran into each other like keystone cops all I saw was exactly what I saw in college and posted about above ......

a bunch of screens and sprint out 5 yard passes ......

some of the screens took great catches to be completions .....

didn't see the second half ......

only one--- is RG III good enough to over come the curse of Danny?

THAT remains to be seen.

I watched the 1st half and other then a bad 20 yard throw that garcon snaged and ran 80+ yards when the saints ran into each other like keystone cops all I saw was exactly what I saw in college and posted about above ......

a bunch of screens and sprint out 5 yard passes ......

some of the screens took great catches to be completions .....

didn't see the second half ......

You didn't see the first half either then, you sad miserable little man. You also don't know Shanahan's play calling involved a bunch of screens last season and year before too. Regardless, he threw some fantastic passes over 20 yards.

You didn't see the first half either then, you sad miserable little man. You also don't know Shanahan's play calling involved a bunch of screens last season and year before too. Regardless, he threw some fantastic passes over 20 yards.

LOL, ok, personal insults don't make you right but I would expect no less from you .....

couldn't have been that many great passes over 20 considering he averaged 16 yds on 19 completions counting the one bad throw that turned in an 88 yarder .....

those short 5 yard passes with yacs was his game in college .......

I watched more than youtube highlights like you did......

so he is mike vick without vick's arm strength .......

he will win the same number of SBs as vick ......

I don't really get the RG3 hate. Dude is an outstanding human. Who cares if he plays for the Redskins? They haven't and won't ever be the rival of the Ravens because they play in a different division in a different conference.

Root for the guy. It doesn't make you a bad fan or anything.

Pey > Luck

RGIII > Luck

At least for now.

The upside for Indy is that they may have another #1 pick this year.

I don't really get the RG3 hate. Dude is an outstanding human. Who cares if he plays for the Redskins? They haven't and won't ever be the rival of the Ravens because they play in a different division in a different conference.

Root for the guy. It doesn't make you a bad fan or anything.

Yeah, he's just trolling so I will ignore it. Griffin looked great.