mythoughts

RGIII beats Andrew Luck

550 posts in this topic

I'm over the Redskins hate and I actually root for them a little bit now. RG3 looked great. There's no denying that. But two 1st rounders and a 2nd (I don't count this year's first rounder since it was basically a switch) is a steep price to pay. But if yesterday's game is a sign of things to come the trade just may be justified. They just need to find a way to keep good talent around RG3 the next 3 years.

Any questions? :D

One game genius and hypocrite. You blasted me early in the baseball season for taunting you when the Orioles whipped your overated Yankee squad in their own stadium, so now I am turning the tables on you. Let's see how he fares against a real defense first before claiming him all that. I just don't see it and it has nothing to do with him being a Redskin. I have no hatred at all for that franchise (kind of feel sorry for them though with that owner) unlike your NY cesspool of a team and ownership.

Edited by Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

LOL, ok, personal insults don't make you right but I would expect no less from you .....

couldn't have been that many great passes over 20 considering he averaged 16 yds on 19 completions counting the one bad throw that turned in an 88 yarder .....

those short 5 yard passes with yacs was his game in college .......

I watched more than youtube highlights like you did......

so he is mike vick without vick's arm strength .......

he will win the same number of SBs as vick ......

He is the master of insults on board where he really doesn't belong as he is a Yankee and Skin fan. At any rate, he can take his arrogance and stuff it as he is as clueless as can be about judging anything football related, especially QB performance.

LOL, ok, personal insults don't make you right but I would expect no less from you .....

couldn't have been that many great passes over 20 considering he averaged 16 yds on 19 completions counting the one bad throw that turned in an 88 yarder .....

those short 5 yard passes with yacs was his game in college .......

I watched more than youtube highlights like you did......

so he is mike vick without vick's arm strength .......

he will win the same number of SBs as vick ......

I'll withhold the personal insults but your analysis is severely lacking. I have no idea how many, if any, Super Bowls, RG3 will win with the Redskins, but he certainly is an outstanding football player and QB.

The bad throw, as you call it, was thrown milliseconds before he was leveled by a defensive end. It might have been a tad high, but Garcon still got both hands on it and turned it into points. He threw several balls of 20 yards and ended up 19 for 26 for 320 yards, 2 TDs, no interceptions and a passer rating of 139.9.

He also ran for 40+ yards, avoided the pass rush and the blitzes, was smart when he threw the ball, left the pocket when necessary and stayed there when he needed to.

Its funny to hear an internet warrior with a hate for the Redskins claiming he is right and that every other analyst (those who break down football for a living) is wrong.

He is the master of insults on board where he really doesn't belong as he is a Yankee and Skin fan. At any rate, he can take his arrogance and stuff it as he is as clueless as can be about judging anything football related, especially QB performance.

Coming from you, this entire post is hilarious. :D

who didn't see this coming ........

everyone but the hard core redskin partisans did ........

Quarterback Andrew Luck had a monster game he'll remember the rest of his life, completing 31 of 55 for 362 yards and a pair of touchdowns, leading the Colts to 27 points in the final two quarters. The 2012 overall No. 1 pick also ran six times for 24 yards and a touchdown, with the highlight being his silky-smooth execution of the game-winning 13-play, 80-yard touchdown drive, capped by a 4-yard touchdown pass to Reggie Wayne with 35 seconds remaining.

Well that was predictable. The inevitable scenario we all saw coming in Washington finally arrived in Week 5: The sight of Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III being knocked out of the game with a concussion, courtesy of a clean but violent hit delivered by Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon. Griffin simply won't last physically if he continues to run the ball as often as he has in the season's first month or so, exposing himself to contact in a manner that seems to invite punishment.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/10/07/andrew-luck-chuck-pagano-colts/index.html#ixzz28imEDVrY

Washington ha to do something during the offseason hence the move for Griffin. Luck is and will be the better QB over the years to come in the NFL. I would pick Luck over Griffin 100 out of 100 times but then again it doesn't matter what I think since I'm not an NFL GM.

Eastside Terp, that wasn't a designed running play as they kind of make it sound. Griffin has to know to go out of bounds on that passing play. My guess its hard for him to do as he believes in his running ability to extend the play. He seems to be a great guy and I would hate to see him hurt his career with to many hits to the head.

I was not a fan of RGIII until I read a piece in ESPN The Magazine that completely changed my perception of him. I still hate the Redskins and wish him good luck, but QB's who depend on their running ability seldom have long term success in the NFL. Other than Steve Young, I really can't think of any.

For all the grief he took it looks like Shanahan knew what he was doing when he, drafted Cousins, as a backup to Griffin. Running QBs might as well put a bullseye on their back.

I hope he doesn't get hurt and he does seem like a good kid ......

but he is vick without vick's arm .......

cam newton is way better and look how long it took NFL defenses to figure him out ......

this pick will ultimately set the redskins back years (and that will be fun to watch) ......

cam newton is way better and look how long it took NFL defenses to figure him out ......

this pick will ultimately set the redskins back years (and that will be fun to watch) ......

Shanahan is in a pickle. If Cousins turns out to bea better NFL style QB than RG and Shanahan goes with him he will hear all that BS again that he does not like black QBs.

He has a better arm than Vick, is leaps and bounds smarter than Vick and is way more accurate than Newton.

He has a better arm than Vick, is leaps and bounds smarter than Vick and is way more accurate than Newton.

Not biased much are you?:rolleyes: The best aspect of RG's game is his quick release, however, that is counteracted by his stupidity in trying to run around like he's still in college. Just as the wisdom of no less than former Redskin and current homer Joe Theisman said during the first pre-season game, if this rookie doesn't learn how to slide when running he is going to get killed. Give me Andrew Luck any day.

typically clueless redskin fan .......

typically clueless redskin fan .......

Said the chronically ignorant inferiority complex ridden Baltimoron.

Said the chronically ignorant inferiority complex ridden Baltimoron.

lol ......

sure, doesn't change the fact you continue to be clueless about football.......

who you guys going to pick with your top 5 pick in this year's draft :D ........

Okay. Griffin is still everything that I said he is and your hatred of Washington can't change that.

Have not seen the better arm (than Vick), but RG III is much more polished as a pocket passer (than Vick).

Okay. Griffin is still everything that I said he is and your hatred of Washington can't change that.

And Washington will again suffer double-digit losses under Griffen, no different from the Rex or Donovan or Campbell or Brunell or Ramsey teams.

Last 3 years

2009 under Campbell - 4-12

2010 under McNabb - 6-10

2011 under Grossman - 5-111

They will have their 11th non-winning season out of the last 13. Mark it.

(83-114 since 2000, a .421 "winning" pct lol)

What an improvement.

:rolleyes:

PS - during that same period, the Ravens are 120-77, a .609 winning pct and a Super Blow Championship.

Methinks the "inferiority complex" is about 40 miles to the south.

:D

Yes, because a rookie QB is expected to turn around the team in one season. You must watch a lot of football, just not the NFL.