Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

afan

Now Pees needs to go upstaies to see how bad he is coaching

17 posts in this topic

Today John Harbaugh said pees went up to the coaches box and not on the sideline. I guess he feels he can see his mistakes better, but the thing that gets me is when will our CB's play up tight on the wr's and not give up the quick 4 yard to 10 yard pass. Is it any wonder our dl can't get pressure when the QB takes 3 steps and throws right away. Our receivers can't get 1 yard seperation because these CB's play tight, how bout our guys do the same

Today John Harbaugh said pees went up to the coaches box and not on the sideline. I guess he feels he can see his mistakes better, but the thing that gets me is when will our CB's play up tight on the wr's and not give up the quick 4 yard to 10 yard pass. Is it any wonder our dl can't get pressure when the QB takes 3 steps and throws right away. Our receivers can't get 1 yard seperation because these CB's play tight, how bout our guys do the same

No, it's to get a better look at the sub-par talent Ozzie has acquired. Kruger, Cody, Jones, Smith, etc. etc. etc.

Pees can only coach to the level of talent on the field. You can bring back Rex or Pagano, or even go get **** Lebeau and they couldn't do much better. Ngata is hurt and is a shell of himself, Webb and Lewis are gone. The only real pressure the Ravens have is Suggs, so he will be double teamed. The secondary has to play off receivers or you are going to see so many opposing receivers running down the sideline you will think you are in a track meet. Quite simply put, the Ravens have average defensive talent as currently constructed, so expect average results.

Pees can only coach to the level of talent on the field. You can bring back Rex or Pagano, or even go get **** Lebeau and they couldn't do much better. Ngata is hurt and is a shell of himself, Webb and Lewis are gone. The only real pressure the Ravens have is Suggs, so he will be double teamed. The secondary has to play off receivers or you are going to see so many opposing receivers running down the sideline you will think you are in a track meet. Quite simply put, the Ravens have average defensive talent as currently constructed, so expect average results.
That's only true to a certain extent. Great coaches work in younger players, do their best to devise schemes to help compensate for the weaknesses of their personnel, etc. Pees just doesn't have it. He didn't have it in NE, and he doesn't have it here. So the end result is that he's not making a bad situation better, he's making it worse.

It is true that in recent drafts defense has been less than spectacular. However, that has more to do with a different focus towards getting better offensive players by the Ravens. The way the NFL is set up it is very hard to have both a dominating defense and a dominating offense. For years the Ravens had focused primarily on defense; the result was superior defenses year in and year out and a lacking offense.

In recent years though, the Ravens have attempted to add more talent on the offensive side, which, in turn has weakened the defensive side. Now, the team is more balance, but there is neither a supreme defense or supreme offense. Over time it will be interesting to see the philosophy the Ravens will use. I guess it'll all depend on the successes and failures on both sides of the ball.

Pees has done a great job of adjusting in the second half.

How many RBs have been at or over 100 yards at the half only to be shut down for about 25-30 yards in the second half.

It's his game plan that has been horrible. It seems like the Ravens start games with 10 men on Defense.

Actually I think alot of this is discipline related. I'm talking about discipline related to fundamentals, assignments and focus.

6-2 and have been without 3 pro bowls for much of the season Lewis, Webb, and Suggs. If they were all still in the line up they would be a top ten Defense. Plus the Offense must lead the NFL in 3 and outs. Maybe we should be happy that we are not 2-6.

The cornerstone of any solid defense is a pass rush, note to fans, we don't have one.

I like Ngata and I know he is playing injured, but today's NFL defensive linemen need to be fast and somewhat lean.

Houston's d line was all over the Ravens. Fast guys without the massive bulk.

Last week, I think Ngata and Cody had one tackle between them. I said tackle, not sacks.

The Ravens D line, aside from not getting sacks, has a problem even getting pressure.

The Ravens will have a hard time winning against, Big Ben (twice), Peyton and Eli. Could be 4 losses, without even being close.

It is true that in recent drafts defense has been less than spectacular. However, that has more to do with a different focus towards getting better offensive players by the Ravens. The way the NFL is set up it is very hard to have both a dominating defense and a dominating offense. For years the Ravens had focused primarily on defense; the result was superior defenses year in and year out and a lacking offense.

In recent years though, the Ravens have attempted to add more talent on the offensive side, which, in turn has weakened the defensive side. Now, the team is more balance, but there is neither a supreme defense or supreme offense. Over time it will be interesting to see the philosophy the Ravens will use. I guess it'll all depend on the successes and failures on both sides of the ball.

Makes sense. I think I like the old philosphy better, maybe I just got used to it, the shutdown defense, and the O had to do very little mostly avoid mistakes-- I still recall one game vs the Steelers where Ray Lewis was heard on the sidelines saying- "we got this, just don't give them any points"------to the OFFENSE! But I really enjoyed watching the D play in those years like maybe was it 1999- to 2004 or so?

What i wanna know is how we have ZERO pass rush yet the other team consistently has players especially tight ends wide open with no DBs anywhere within 15 yards of them. How is that possible? it looks like we have 6 players on the field with his stupid schemes. Dean Pees needs the boot

What i wanna know is how we have ZERO pass rush yet the other team consistently has players especially tight ends wide open with no DBs anywhere within 15 yards of them. How is that possible? it looks like we have 6 players on the field with his stupid schemes. Dean Pees needs the boot
Das Boot!!!! :D

Kruger is just terrible. He doesn't set the edge and how many times have we seen him in pass coverage in the flat. He not only plays soft but when was the last time you saw a pro football player box at the end and stay away from the play. It is like hey guy you can box but please come in and put pressure on the QB when you read pass and please don't just let the blocker block you, get free and help in run support.

Kruger is just terrible. He doesn't set the edge and how many times have we seen him in pass coverage in the flat. He not only plays soft but when was the last time you saw a pro football player box at the end and stay away from the play. It is like hey guy you can box but please come in and put pressure on the QB when you read pass and please don't just let the blocker block you, get free and help in run support.
It sometimes makes me wonder just what's going on with the so-called "strenght and conditioning" coach. I had the same issues sometimes when Billick was HC, and thought that Harbaugh would bring some increased intensity to that dept as well as special teams. But alas...it never happened.

It sometimes makes me wonder just what's going on with the so-called "strenght and conditioning" coach. I had the same issues sometimes when Billick was HC, and thought that Harbaugh would bring some increased intensity to that dept as well as special teams. But alas...it never happened.

That means you are wrong about what the problem is. :rolleyes: Something you should be used to by now.

That means you are wrong about what the problem is. :rolleyes: Something you should be used to by now.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Wow, original indeed.
Stop stalking me.