Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AntiMoon

Jim Bowden's FA predictions

19 posts in this topic

Contract totals and best team fits. Says the order here is not his preference but is based on depth of positions,age,etc. Best fits are based on need and whispers about which teams are interested.

1. Josh Hamilton. 5yrs 115 mil. Best fits: Mil,Rangers, Bos

2. Z Greinke 6yrs 117 mil Best fits: LAA,LAD, Rangers.

3. M Bourn 5 yrs 75 mil. Best fits: Phi,Was,Cin,Atl

4. B J Upton 5yrs 70 mil. Best fits: Phi,Was,Cin

5. Annibal Sanchez 4 yrs 56 mil. Best fits: Det, Bal,LAD,KC

6. R Soriano 3 yrs 40.5 mil Best fits: LAA,Det,Was

7. H Kuroda 1 yr 13.3 mil Best fits: NYY, LAD

8. K Lohse 3 yrs 39 mil Best fits: KC,Bal,LAD

9. A LaRoche 3 yrs 36 mil Best fits: Was,Bal,Cle

10. N Swisher 3 yrs 33 mil Best fits: Bal,Phi,Atl,Det,Sea

11. A Pagan 3 yrs 33 mil Best fits: SF, Was,Det,Phi

12. D Haren 2 yrs 22 mil Best fits: LAD,SD, CHI Cubs

13. R Dempster 2 yrs 22 mil Best fits: LAD,Atl, ChiC,Tor

14. S Drew 3 yrs 30 mil Best fits: Oak,Bos,Stl,Pit,Min

15. E Jackson 3 yrs 30 mil Best fits: Tor,KC,Cle

16. T Hunter 2 yrs 20 mil Best fits: NYY, LAA,Rangers,Det

17. M Rivera 1 yr 10 mil Best fits: NYY

18. A Pettitte 1 yr 10 mil Best fits: NYY

19. B McCarthy 1 yr 10 mil Best fits: Oak,ChiC,ChiW,Tor

20. S Victorino 3yrs 28.5 mil Best fits: Cin,Atl,SF

21. M Napoli 3 yrs 27 mil Bos,Hou,Rangers

22. K Youkilis 2 yrs 18 mil Best fits: ChiW,Phi,Cle,Ari

23. R Martin 3 yrs 24 mil Best fits: NYY,ChiW

24. A J Pierzynski 2 yrs 16 mil Best fits: ChiW,Rangers,Sea

25. R Madson 1 yr 7.5 mil Best fits: Cin,Was,Rangers

26. M Cabrera 1 yr 7.5 mil Best fits: Det,Tor,Phi

27. S Marcum 2yrs 14 mil Best fits: Tor,Bos,ChiC,Mil

28. J Saunders 2yrs 14 mil Best fits: Bal,LAA,Cle

29. C Ross 2yrs 14 mil Best fits: Phi,Det,Bos,Atl

30. R Ludwick 2yrs 13 mil Best fits: Cin,Cle,Det

31. B Myers 1 yr 6.5 mil Best fits: ChiW,Pit,SD

32. J Affeldt 2yrs 12.4 mil Best fits: Was, LAA,Rangers

33. J Broxton 2yrs 13 mil Best fits: Cin,Rangers,ChiC,Min

34. D Young 2yrs 12 mil Best fits: Cle,Sea,Hou

35. J Guthrie 2 yrs 12 mil Best fits: KC,Tor

36. M Scutaro 2yrs 12 mil Best fits: SF

37. L Berkman 1 yr 6 mil Best fits: Hou

38. M Adams 2yrs 10 mil Best fits: Rangers,SD,Bos

39. S Baker 1 yr 5 mil Best fits: Cle,Tor,Min,ChiC

40. F Rodriguez 1 yr 5 mil Best fits: Mil

41. J Soria 1 yr 5mil Best fits: Was,NYY, Mil,Bos

42. K Correia 1yr 5mil Best fits: Pit,SD

43. F Liriano 1yr 5 mil Best fits: Min,Cle,Pit

44. J Blanton 1 yr 5mil Best fits: KC,Cle,Pit

45. J Valverde 1 yr 5mil Best fits: Fla,Min

46. C Pena 1 yr mil Best fits: Cle,TB

47. S Burnett 2yrs 8 mil Best fits:LAA,NYY,Rangers,Bos

48. K Uehera 1 yr 4 mil Best fits: Rangers,Bos,LAA

49. Ichiro 1 yr 4mil Best fits: SF,LAD

50. C Lee 1yr 4 mil Best fits: Fla

why isn't Jack Cust on that list? he's available.

I think LaRoche takes the $13.3 million or the Nationals work out a long term deal, I doubt they let him walk?

I think LaRoche takes the $13.3 million or the Nationals work out a long term deal, I doubt they let him walk?

I've heard several people talk about potential moves the Nats may make. They keep being mentioned in the Bourn discussions, and some of he Upton discussions. the general opinion is that DC is looking to add an impact player for LF, and if LaRoche moves on, they'll move Morse to 1B.

keep in mind that none of this is coming directly from the Nats. it's all speculation, but it's speculation by several analysts.

why isn't Jack Cust on that list? he's available.

Why isn't the Impaler on the list? He's available as well.

Why isn't the Impaler on the list? He's available as well.

I don't think these lists include players who played a few weeks of MiLB and then got released.

I don't think these lists include players who played a few weeks of MiLB and then got released.

As I recall, the Impaler actually quit the Jays when they didn't call him up to Toronto from Las Vegas. Personally, I think Vegas is far more fun than Toronto so I question the wisdom of Impaler's decision.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/11/07/orioles-target-josh-hamilton-cody-ross/?sct=mlb_t2_a7

Hamilton is on the Orioles’ list of targets for left field, according to a source with knowledge of the organization’s plans. Hamilton has started more games in left field than center over the past three seasons, and the Orioles have an opening there now that Nate McLouth has become a free agent.

Baltimore also has some interest in free-agent outfielder Cody Ross, the source said. Ross would be a cheaper option than Hamilton and had success in the American League East with the Boston Red Sox this year.

While I don't think the Orioles will strongly go after Hamilton, it is nice to get mentioned. Must be a benefit of success. In previous years, the Orioles didn't exist during FA according to the media.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/11/07/orioles-target-josh-hamilton-cody-ross/?sct=mlb_t2_a7

While I don't think the Orioles will strongly go after Hamilton, it is nice to get mentioned. Must be a benefit of success. In previous years, the Orioles didn't exist during FA according to the media.

I heard this on the Jim Bowden radio show. I'm not a big fan of signing JH. for starters, is his wobbly eye problem resolved?

and at 32+, he's looking for a long term deal. radio folks were talking about the expectation of a 5 yr deal. that means he's likely to get 6-7 yrs after the bidding war begins.

I heard this on the Jim Bowden radio show. I'm not a big fan of signing JH. for starters, is his wobbly eye problem resolved?

and at 32+, he's looking for a long term deal. radio folks were talking about the expectation of a 5 yr deal. that means he's likely to get 6-7 yrs after the bidding war begins.

I agree the O's shouldn't be going after 30+ year olds like Hamilton. The O's don't need any old guys on the team.

this article says the O's-Hamilton rumors are just that. there's nothing to the stories coming out of the meetings.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-throwing-some-cold-water-on-josh-hamilton-as-an-oriole-20121107,0,4440288.story

and it looks like 7 years is already becoming the expectation for length of contract.

Well,

I'm for Hamilton. Not at 6-7 years though. But I'm not against 4 or 5.

This team couldn't hit a lick at times...especially in the playoffs.

This guy would help big time.

I'll even go have a drink with him.....lol

Well,

I'm for Hamilton. Not at 6-7 years though. But I'm not against 4 or 5.

This team couldn't hit a lick at times...especially in the playoffs.

This guy would help big time.

I'll even go have a drink with him.....lol

4-5 yrs = yes, because he can DH for the last year, if his legs give out.

the problem is, all logical contract term lengths will be outdone by a team who is more driven to get him. there seems to be a philosophy developing around the league. teams are giving out contracts with the expectation that the player won't be able to perform for the last couple of years. the attitude is, I know he won't be any good to us in years 8,9 & 10, but he'll help us win in years 1-7.

4-5 yrs = yes, because he can DH for the last year, if his legs give out.

the problem is, all logical contract term lengths will be outdone by a team who is more driven to get him. there seems to be a philosophy developing around the league. teams are giving out contracts with the expectation that the player won't be able to perform for the last couple of years. the attitude is, I know he won't be any good to us in years 8,9 & 10, but he'll help us win in years 1-7.

I agree

but

I'll go 7, 8, 9 or even 10

AT

yr. 7 ....4M

yr. 8 ....3M

yr. 9 ....2M

yr.10....1M...lol

the Angels sure will be taking it in the hips with that Pujols contract ...

I'd like to see Hamilton or Swisher in our outfield next year, either one would be a big upgrade. A good upgrade at 2nd is needed as well and a solid #1-2 starter would be nice.

With all the penny pinching Angelos has done the last few years he can afford that easily.

The Orioles won't be signing any big name free agents, don't get sucked in by the rumors. We go through this every year where the national baseball writers/reporters will link the O's to a big name free agent and then the local people here (Roch Kubatko, Dan Connolly, Britt Ghiroli) will throw cold water on the rumors (which they have already done with the Hamilton rumors). Just give it up, Angelos isn't spending big money this offseason despite the 93 win season.

I'd like to see Hamilton or Swisher in our outfield next year, either one would be a big upgrade. A good upgrade at 2nd is needed as well and a solid #1-2 starter would be nice.

With all the penny pinching Angelos has done the last few years he can afford that easily.

I'm not convinced that JH is the guy to finally open the vault for.

most of the reasons have already been mentioned, but he's another question I have about him. is he an Pay-Rod type player? Pay-Rod's season stats have always looked good, because he feasts on weak pitching. when he faces good pitching, he isn't that impressive.

Slidemaster may be the best person to answer this questionm, since he lives in TX and watches Rangers games.

does JH pad his stats when playing the weaker teams? or is he a true star who deserves what he's about to get?