Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Navypost

Nbc buys the rights to premier league

11 posts in this topic

MLS? is that really a concern? ........

I'd be more worried about it killing the EPL as it exist today if it gives it the american tv treatment ........

Hopefully they use british announcers like FOX did.

Well it would be good to have strong domestic league atleast on par with Mexico

NBC Sports is hands down the worst "Sports Media" outlet around... Sunday Night Football is an atrocious production from a football fan's perspective.

Well since you currently have to subscibe to 3 sports packages to get premier league coverage at a a cost of 45 dollars a month or so with Fox...I don't see how anyone could be against this

You would have to think NBC will create a package like FOX. But atleast NBC can get into alot of households compared to FOX Soccer

watching swansea - liverpool right now on espn ......

suarez just had a breakaway and couldn't convert ......

I assume NBC would tape this game and show it in the middle of the afternoon so they could take commercial breaks, do up close and personal stories, etc .....

that type of prime time replay is one of the things that ruined the olympics coverage and changed it from a sporting event to to a people magazine entertainment show ......

watching swansea - liverpool right now on espn ......

suarez just had a breakaway and couldn't convert ......

I assume NBC would tape this game and show it in the middle of the afternoon so they could take commercial breaks, do up close and personal stories, etc .....

that type of prime time replay is one of the things that ruined the olympics coverage and changed it from a sporting event to to a people magazine entertainment show ......

Same network that had salsa music queued up to play when Victor Cruz scored a TD earlier this year. NBC's focus is never on the actual game.

west ham just iced the win against chelsea in extra time .....

The boys are starting to pick it up lately. Maybe a little too late thou