Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

afan

Are These Ravens Not As Physical As Past Teams

3 posts in this topic

As I watched the last game against Cleveland, I noticed that Cleveland was getting into the Ravens faces. That they were hitting harder and our guys just took it. It was said the coach of Cleveland said to his team that these Ravens could be out physically played and that many would quit by the 4th quarter. Do you think the Ravens are soft?

I don't know how soft they are but they are without a doubt, one of the worst tackling defenses I've seen in some time. Just from a fundamental perspective, they're horrendous. And leading the way is Ed Reed and his "Dancing with the Stars" routine. He's an embarrassment to not only his team but the sport of football. Apparently, Harbaugh & Co. is fine with what they're looking at every week so Reed stays on the field and sets the tone for the defense. It's probably unfair to accuse all of the players of playing this way but more often than not, it's been a microcosm of an on-going problem. Maybe benching Reed would wake up this defense and give them a sense of urgency to improve.

Its seems when teams are being physically handled, they usually respond by trashing talking and penalties.

The Ravens lead the league in penalties and some Ravens just can't keep their mouth shut.

At least one game, maybe two, will be lost in the second half of the season, because of some stupid personal foul penalty.

PS: Harbaugh will NEVER bench Ray Lewis or Ed Reed, he is way too intimidated by them. I was no fan of Billick in the later years, however, Billick was not one to be intimidated.