Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AntiMoon

O's have inquired about Butler and Willingham

22 posts in this topic

Per the Orioles.com. I love Willingham but at 34 he better not cost us much. Butler at 27 would cost us a lot but would probably be worth it.

Per the Orioles.com. I love Willingham but at 34 he better not cost us much. Butler at 27 would cost us a lot but would probably be worth it.

I would love for the O's to get either player but at the right price.

Butler would be a great pickup at the right price, but he's not really a fit for the O's.

Willingham is a good fix for LF, but he's only going to be one for another year or two. He's also somewhat of a liability in the field.

Butler would be a great pickup at the right price, but he's not really a fit for the O's.

Willingham is a good fix for LF, but he's only going to be one for another year or two. He's also somewhat of a liability in the field.

How is Butler not a fit?:confused:

No way on Willingham - the O's don't need to sign any old players in the twilight of their careers.

No way on Willingham - the O's don't need to sign any old players in the twilight of their careers.

So that includes Vlad the Impaler right? If it doesn't then something is wrong with you.

How is Butler not a fit?:confused:

One dimensional.

They need his bat skills, which would make him a good pickup, but he doesn't play the field.

His pick up will force them to find a place for Davis' bat, who has earned a regular spot in the lineup.

It also takes away the DH option for Reimold, who showed he has 850-900 OPS potential and speed.

Imo, Gordon would be a much better chase, and the O's would get back what they need in LF - while picking up a superior defender and bat.

So that includes Vlad the Impaler right? If it doesn't then something is wrong with you.

LOL.....well said

LOL.....well said

Thanks man, I just find it funny that he's against the O's signing older players but wanted them to bring back Old Man Vlad and probably still wants that to happen. I also find it funny that hector still thinks Vlad at age 37 is still in his prime LOL.

Thanks man, I just find it funny that he's against the O's signing older players but wanted them to bring back Old Man Vlad and probably still wants that to happen. I also find it funny that hector still thinks Vlad at age 37 is still in his prime LOL.

Oh ye of so little imagination - where do I start?

Hall of Famer Vlad the Impaler is a veritable youth movement compared to Jim Thome, who actually is over the hill.

Impaler at his worst is better than Willingham at his best.

Hall of Famer Vlad the Impaler is a veritable youth movement compared to Jim Thome, who actually is over the hill.

I was right something is wrong with you, I found it so hard to believe that nobody wanted to sign Vlad last season since he's still playing at such a high level (big time sarcasm).

drugs or alcohol ?

SHHHHHH...

EVERYONE....When Vlad eventually passes away from old age... let's see if hector is STILL calling for him to be signed.

Everyone keep this under their hats and let's watch....

One dimensional.

They need his bat skills, which would make him a good pickup, but he doesn't play the field.

His pick up will force them to find a place for Davis' bat, who has earned a regular spot in the lineup.

It also takes away the DH option for Reimold, who showed he has 850-900 OPS potential and speed.

Imo, Gordon would be a much better chase, and the O's would get back what they need in LF - while picking up a superior defender and bat.

That makes sense, but I still wouldn't mind getting Butler's bat, which IMO is one of the best in baseball. Gordon would definitely be a great pickup as well, but I'd think the price would presumably be very high. Who knows though?

Reimold IMO would be great if he could only stay healthy. We found out with Roberts, though, that great players do very little for their teams if they are constantly on the DL. Let's hope both arrive to Spring Training completely healthy.

That makes sense, but I still wouldn't mind getting Butler's bat, which IMO is one of the best in baseball. Gordon would definitely be a great pickup as well, but I'd think the price would presumably be very high. Who knows though?

Reimold IMO would be great if he could only stay healthy. We found out with Roberts, though, that great players do very little for their teams if they are constantly on the DL. Let's hope both arrive to Spring Training completely healthy.

Not wrong there.

I love Butler's bat. If the O's packaged Davis and/or Reimold as part of the crew to get Butler, then I think it would make sense for the O's.

Of course, they are going to have to offer up pitching - probably top level.

I don't see the Royals giving up any of their top hitters without at least one of an organization's top pitching prospects.

Not wrong there.

I love Butler's bat. If the O's packaged Davis and/or Reimold as part of the crew to get Butler, then I think it would make sense for the O's.

Of course, they are going to have to offer up pitching - probably top level.

I don't see the Royals giving up any of their top hitters without at least one of an organization's top pitching prospects.

good suggestion with Davis, but that pretty much commits the O's to resigning Reynolds. with Davis gone, the team will need someone to play 1B. I think Butler is strictly a DH, which actually would preclude the O's from trading for him. Buck doesn't like having guys who can't play a defensive postion. Thome was something of a desperation move because the team was really struggling at the plate. Butler is a good hitter, but that's where it ends.

as for Reimold, I don't think he'd be anything more than stuffing for a trade package. his flashes of talent have all been dimmed by his injuries. I doubt any other club would see him as a good piece in return for their talent.

SHHHHHH...

EVERYONE....When Vlad eventually passes away from old age... let's see if hector is STILL calling for him to be signed.

Everyone keep this under their hats and let's watch....

I'll still be around offering assistance long after the Impaler and most of our fellow and lady posters are gone.

Back to baseball, if the O's don't want Impaler to replace Thome, maybe they could sign Barry Bonds. What do you think?

I was right something is wrong with you, I found it so hard to believe that nobody wanted to sign Vlad last season since he's still playing at such a high level (big time sarcasm).

Pay attention - Toronto signed the Impaler (big time fact).

Pay attention - Toronto signed the Impaler (big time fact).

so being signed to a minor league contract, and released 32 days later, is your arguement that he should be given a roster spot on a team that plans to contend for the post season?

so being signed to a minor league contract, and released 32 days later, is your arguement that he should be given a roster spot on a team that plans to contend for the post season?

In the perpetual pursuit of precision (PPP), Impaler walked away because Toronto was too stupid to promote him. The error of Toronto's judgment is evident from their subsequent collapse.

In the perpetual pursuit of precision (PPP), Impaler walked away because Toronto was too stupid to promote him. The error of Toronto's judgment is evident from their subsequent collapse.

if precision is what you strive for, then you will want to provide complete details, not just enough to attempt to make you look smart. VG thought he would get signed by another team. that didn't happen. the best the not quite HOFer could achieve was a AAA spot for a team decimated by injuries. even in their need, Toronto had better options than to watch him play slappy the singles hitter after the team was getting blown out of the water.