Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LarryN

Roddy White: The Falcons have the 'pedigree' to go 16-0

50 posts in this topic

I love Rowdy Roddy but he needs to just focus on the tasks at hand and not worry about what's far into the future.

I used to get caught up in the whole going undefeated thing. But seeing the good that gaudy starts did for teams like the '07 Pats and '05 Colts it just doesn't matter that much to me. Just do enough to get us HFA throughout the postseason and take it from there. Better still just take it a week at a time.

Just do enough to get us HFA throughout the postseason and take it from there.

*cough*2010 Falcons*cough*cough*

They will lose in New Orleans this week, then in their first playoff game at home against Green Bay they will lose again.

I thought Vic had the pedigrees.

(Yeah...that was low.)

;)

Seeing how only one team have ever won a SB goin undefeated, why does it matter?

0-3 playoff record for Matty Ice and they still act like this guy is the greatest man to ever sling the pigskin. I think yet another postseason chokejob from this clown will finally shut the media pundits up about him

0-3 playoff record for Matty Ice and they still act like this guy is the greatest man to ever sling the pigskin. I think yet another postseason chokejob from this clown will finally shut the media pundits up about him
It could be. But remember...they mortgaged the franchise for Jones, and he's a legit weapon. More than Joe has, that's for sure. So he could break the ice, so to speak, this year.

;)

It could be. But remember...they mortgaged the franchise for Jones, and he's a legit weapon. More than Joe has, that's for sure. So he could break the ice, so to speak, this year.

;)

The best receivers in the world can't make a choke artist clutch. Ryan has shown repeatedly that it doesn't matter how talented the team around him is - the playoffs are too big for him.

The best receivers in the world can't make a choke artist clutch. Ryan has shown repeatedly that it doesn't matter how talented the team around him is - the playoffs are too big for him.
Didn't they used to say the same thing about Peyton? And Elway? And didn't we ALL say that Eli was no better than Boller and that the Giants got hosed when they opted for him?

Just sayin...

;)

I think people make it sound like Flacco has some of the worst receivers in the league and that is not the case. Torrey Smith is damn close to Jones in terms of talent and speed. Boldin is a good possession receiver and Jones is a decent number 3. Pitta is a good hands TE, even though Dickson is turning out to be much less than expected. Add to that Rice out of the backfield and I think Flacco has plenty of good weapons. I also read a statistic where the Ravens as a team have less dropped passes than any other team in the league. I don't think all of Flacco's inconsistent numbers should be put on receivers with those kind of statistics. Receivers can't catch balls that are thrown nowhere close to them. Now Cameron's offensive play calling, I could go with that. But I do think some of the blame lies with Flacco's tendencies at times to just look like he couldn't hit a billboard if it were 10 feet in front of him.

I think people make it sound like Flacco has some of the worst receivers in the league and that is not the case. Torrey Smith is damn close to Jones in terms of talent and speed. Boldin is a good possession receiver and Jones is a decent number 3. Pitta is a good hands TE, even though Dickson is turning out to be much less than expected. Add to that Rice out of the backfield and I think Flacco has plenty of good weapons. I also read a statistic where the Ravens as a team have less dropped passes than any other team in the league. I don't think all of Flacco's inconsistent numbers should be put on receivers with those kind of statistics. Receivers can't catch balls that are thrown nowhere close to them. Now Cameron's offensive play calling, I could go with that. But I do think some of the blame lies with Flacco's tendencies at times to just look like he couldn't hit a billboard if it were 10 feet in front of him.
Torry Smith is not Julio Jones. Boldin is inconsistent. The Ravens have no counterpart for Roddy White. And then there's Sproles, who is at least as good if not better than Ray Rice. And add in Gonzalez, the O-line, the OC, and it's no contest.

well Matty Ice with the game on the line...2nd and 1...incomplete...3rd and 1...incomplete...gotta have 4th and 1....incomplete....game over...pedigree turns into a mutt...

well Matty Ice with the game on the line...2nd and 1...incomplete...3rd and 1...incomplete...gotta have 4th and 1....incomplete....game over...pedigree turns into a mutt...
Matty Meltdown strikes again. :)

Torry Smith is not Julio Jones. Boldin is inconsistent. The Ravens have no counterpart for Roddy White. And then there's Sproles, who is at least as good if not better than Ray Rice. And add in Gonzalez, the O-line, the OC, and it's no contest.

Sproles plays for the Saints.

The Falcons receivers are better because they will kill you in press man and their OC helps them get open with rubs, screens and slants. The Ravens simply don't use those concepts in their offense. The Falcons also have a better oline but I don't think they have the better running game. TE's are a tie because TG is still good but not as dominant as in the past.

1st and goal at the 1.....and they pass, pass and then run and can't get in against a terrible Saint defense.

Turner 13 for 15yds....Roddy Whites kidding himself big time they have NO running game.

Sproles plays for the Saints.
Correct. I meant Turner.

Correct. I meant Turner.

Does that mean you meant Turner is "at least as good as Rice"? On the ground, perhaps, but Rice is a much more versatile weapon. He already has almost twice as many receiving yards halfway through this season than Turner has had in any full year.

Does that mean you meant Turner is "at least as good as Rice"? On the ground, perhaps, but Rice is a much more versatile weapon. He already has almost twice as many receiving yards halfway through this season than Turner has had in any full year.
Seriously? Turner racked up the most yards of any player in the NFL last year. He's also durable, and is a weapon on returns as well. Sproles is THE most versatile player since Slingin Sammy Baugh.

Seriously? Turner racked up the most yards of any player in the NFL last year. He's also durable, and is a weapon on returns as well. Sproles is THE most versatile player since Slingin Sammy Baugh.

sproles punts and plays defense? who knew? you are not usually given to hyperbole...