Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PEZ

Trap game this weekend?

33 posts in this topic

Ravens vs. Oakland?

Steelers vs. Kansas City?

Thoughts? ;)

The Ravens have a bad habit of playing up or down, depending on who they're playing. A W is no guarantee, but I think the Ravens will pull it out in yet another ugly win.

Neither, if it was a road bam maybe the Ravens. Pittsburgh does not have a habit of losing to awful teams like KC. Again both should be fine.

I agree that neither should lose at home. But I also know both the Ravens and Steelers have to be looking ahead to their upcoming game. I just especially hope that the Ravens don't take Oakland lightly. Ray Rice needs to run the ball like Doug Martin! ;)

Pittsburgh does not have a habit of losing to awful teams like KC.

They lost to the Raiders and Tits.

Tits are good!

Neither, if it was a road bam maybe the Ravens. Pittsburgh does not have a habit of losing to awful teams like KC. Again both should be fine.
A habit? I think that's stretching it quite a bit, don't you?

The only trap I see this weekend is Carson Palmer. They guy had no fear of our D when it was good. I just hope his O line is as bad as I keep hearing.

The only trap I see this weekend is Carson Palmer. They guy had no fear of our D when it was good. I just hope his O line is as bad as I keep hearing.

And with the Ravens lack of pass rush, that has me a bit worried too.

Surprised this gets through the bad word filter. Funny. Maybe it recognizes that as a legitimate nickname in reference to the NFL?

As to the thread topic - I think it would be a grave error to overlook the Raiders. We're used to the Ravens having their way at home, but we're also used to seeing them, especially the offense, go to sleep for multiple quarters; I hope they don't wake up too late. Especially with Carson Palmer at the controls. He's past his prime, but he's been here many a time, and the D fails to harass him he's real dangerous.

And not that it is relevant, but IMO the Raiders have the best uniform and logo in the NFL, as well as one of the more distinguished histories. I would definitely advise getting up for this one.

I hear and see too much of the media already thinking past this game. I just hope that they players aren't!

I fear Carson Palmer somewhat. Since our horrific pass rush left opposing QBs and WRs to just play catch with each other we might get picked apart

A habit? I think that's stretching it quite a bit, don't you?

What are you talking about?

So based on that you think Pittsburgh is a team that tends to lose to lesser teams? They are usually one of the more consistent solid franchises in the NFL. It does not make you a lesser Ravens fan to admit that you know.

Nothing is a given but if I were a betting man, I would back the Steelers in games like this always.

So based on that you think Pittsburgh is a team that tends to lose to lesser teams? They are usually one of the more consistent solid franchises in the NFL. It does not make you a lesser Ravens fan to admit that you know.

Nothing is a given but if I were a betting man, I would back the Steelers in games like this always.

So by me calling out that fact I am loathe to admit that the Steelers are great? Are you also saying that Ravens aren't consistent?

The Steelers have lost to lesser teams over the years (see 2009) and lost to one when it really counted (see 2011 Broncos). My point is that every Ravens fan on this board seems to be predicting doom and gloom for the Ravens and the pinnacle of success for the Steelers.

It's laughable at best and cowardly if you want to be honest.

The Ravens have issues and they could fall to the Raiders but it seems that everyone is forecasting their demise before the final chapter has been written.

Having some faith in your team doesn't mean you have to ball wash them and it sure as hell doesn't mean you have to give the Steelers even more credit than they deserve.

Surprised this gets through the bad word filter. Funny. Maybe it recognizes that as a legitimate nickname in reference to the NFL?

As to the thread topic - I think it would be a grave error to overlook the Raiders. We're used to the Ravens having their way at home, but we're also used to seeing them, especially the offense, go to sleep for multiple quarters; I hope they don't wake up too late. Especially with Carson Palmer at the controls. He's past his prime, but he's been here many a time, and the D fails to harass him he's real dangerous.

And not that it is relevant, but IMO the Raiders have the best uniform and logo in the NFL, as well as one of the more distinguished histories. I would definitely advise getting up for this one.

The Ravens rarely lay an egg at home. They are the 2nd seed in the conference and are fighting to stay in that spot if not improve. Its a veteran team that has goals of winning it all preferably by playing 2 playoff games at home. A win coupled with a Texans loss means they are tied with an opportunity to keep winning and hope for another Texans loss or 2. They know they have a tough road trip ahead and are facing a team that already beat their biggest rival.

In all the Ravens overlooking a team especially at home are what the Bengals do. The Ravens will be ready to go and hopefully its a win because they do have some issues that the Raiders can exploit.

He's not throwing to Bengals receivers any more. Just sayin'

What are you talking about?
I misread your post. I thought you said Pittsburgh did have a habit of losing to lesser teams. My bad. Sorry.

So by me calling out that fact I am loathe to admit that the Steelers are great? Are you also saying that Ravens aren't consistent?

The Steelers have lost to lesser teams over the years (see 2009) and lost to one when it really counted (see 2011 Broncos). My point is that every Ravens fan on this board seems to be predicting doom and gloom for the Ravens and the pinnacle of success for the Steelers.

The Ravens have issues and they could fall to the Raiders but it seems that everyone is forecasting their demise before the final chapter has been written.

Having some faith in your team doesn't mean you have to ball wash them and it sure as hell doesn't mean you have to give the Steelers even more credit than they deserve.

You really are delusional. First of all, the Ravens, by ALL accounts, are extremely inconsistent. Second, EVERYONE is NOT forecasting that they WILL fall, SOME people are saying that they could fall, as you YOURSELF said. So you really are so far off in your posts it's either really funny or really sad.

Overreaction on the net is always fun to read.

I said nothing of gloom and doom for the Ravens in this weekends game. It's also fair to say that the Steelers have better success than the Ravens when it comes to winning what is the main goal and that's the SB. I don't think saying they beat inferior teams is giving them more credit than they deserve.

I was not calling you out on anything, that's on you.

Overreaction on the net is always fun to read.

I said nothing of gloom and doom for the Ravens in this weekends game. It's also fair to say that the Steelers have better success than the Ravens when it comes to winning what is the main goal and that's the SB. I don't think saying they beat inferior teams is giving them more credit than they deserve.

I was not calling you out on anything, that's on you.

Over the years, Ravens75 has routinely attacked anyone who isn't a gung-ho cheerleader like himself, to the point of paranoia and hysteria.

Over the years, Ravens75 has routinely attacked anyone who isn't a gung-ho cheerleader like himself, to the point of paranoia and hysteria.

That's a lie and can get you banned. Keep it up and I'll make sure you're gone.

That's a lie and can get you banned. Keep it up and I'll make sure you're gone.
It's the truth, and do what you have to do.