Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meth007

Dunbar vs Fort Hill part 6

24 posts in this topic

Well it looks like in 2 weeks Dunbar will see Fort Hill at home.....at night at Sugar Cain Death Valley field....stay tuned!

Only fitting that our last year in 1A we do it one more time....

This one will sell out

I am NOT going to make this prediction. FH still has to deal with a pass happy Brunswick team, we haven't seen this all year. However after two back-to-back 21-20 wins over what was the Allegany "super squad"......I am willing to say anything can happen for FH this season. After having our defense give up 50 pts 2x in the first 4 games of the season, this FH defense has jelled together and played great!!! Also this is a team of juniors who have come of age this season. There are no superstars on this team, they play with ONE heart!!! These boys are scrappy!!! Couple that with FH now passing with regularity and some "mountain magic" who knows where this season will end? It has been a fabulous ride, hopefully we will get to see the Poets one more time at Lumsden before they leave for 2a. Would be nice to send them off with a loss FINALLY!!! But I don't know if this is the team to do it, but this team doesn't quit!!! But for now the Railroaders await next week. Good luck next week Poets!!!

No one is counting is counting eggs or cashing checks. All that I am saying is based on the way that things look right now. Dunbar the #1 seed plays Forrest Park. IF Dunbar wins, they play the winner of the West at home because they will have the lowest pt total. The best team out of the West is probably going to be Fort Hill IF they can get past Brunswick next at Home.....which they are favored

No one is counting is counting eggs or cashing checks. All that I am saying is based on the way that things look right now. Dunbar the #1 seed plays Forrest Park. IF Dunbar wins, they play the winner of the West at home because they will have the lowest pt total. The best team out of the West is probably going to be Fort Hill IF they can get past Brunswick next at Home.....which they are favored

Meth you have nothig to explain, New Town, Forrest Park, Fort Hill or Brunswick has a chance down Latrobe Field! The pure location not to mention the atmosphere/ora that is busting out of that place is gonna be a lot to over come for any team.B)

LATROBE FIELD......LMFAO...hahahahahaha

Brother that was too funny! Can we call it SUGAR FIELD at the BEN EATON MEMORIAL SPORTS COMPLEX sponsored by UA....aka Death VALLEY between Madison and Monument. Yes, it is a very difficult place to play at...especially in a us vs them environment. The last 2 games were games that the Poets were expected to win and the crowd was not too loud. I can see it being a very different atmosphere when its a Baltimore City vs whoever comes to East Baltimore....

Win or lose, I would hope that the Poets will at least make the trip to Cumberland for the Queen City Quad. You guys were missed last year!! If not, there's always a chance for a week one game, since we won't be seeing you in the playoffs for a while! That would be a great way to start the season!

Hope to see you guys in a few weeks.

Win or lose, I would hope that the Poets will at least make the trip to Cumberland for the Queen City Quad. You guys were missed last year!! If not, there's always a chance for a week one game, since we won't be seeing you in the playoffs for a while! That would be a great way to start the season!

Since Dunbar is moving up to 2A, I think they need to make a clean move and not move up and continue to play old 1A foes or foggies. There is simply no value aded for that for the Poets. All I read and hear about is how it was unfair of Dunbar to play Fort Hill because of all sorts of vantages Dunbar was supposed to have had . Then why now want to play Dunbar when you don't have? Dunbar should just move up and move on and not look back except for looking at what was accomplished and not replay it on the field or do it for Fort Hill old time or their old timer's sake who really don't care for Dunbar if the truth is to told. So move on Dunbar.

Just sayin'

Since Dunbar is moving up to 2A, I think they need to make a clean move and not move up and continue to play old 1A foes or foggies. There is simply no value added in that for the Poets, competitionally nor rankedly with what I hear about Dunbar wanted to move to the national stage. All I read and hear about is how it was unfair of Dunbar to play Fort Hill because of all sorts of advantages Dunbar was supposed to have had. Then why now want to play Dunbar when you don't have to? Dunbar should just move up and move on and not look back except for looking at what was accomplished and not replay it on the field or do it for Fort Hill old time or their old timer's sake who really don't care for Dunbar if the truth is to be told. So just move on Dunbar and up the level of the competition which is what going up in class is suppose to do. Don't get stuck in the past like others choose to do.

Just sayin'

Since Dunbar is moving up to 2A, I think they need to make a clean move and not move up and continue to play old 1A foes or foggies. There is simply no value added in that for the Poets, competitionally nor rankedly with what I hear about Dunbar's desire to move to a more national stage. All I read and hear about is how it was unfair of Dunbar to play Fort Hill because of all sorts of advantages Dunbar was supposed to have had. Then why now want to play Dunbar when you don't have to? Dunbar should just move up and move on and not look back except for looking at what was accomplished and not replay it on the field or do it for Fort Hill old time or their old timer's sake who really don't care for Dunbar if the truth is to be told. So just move on Dunbar and up the level of the competition which is what going up in class is suppose to do. Don't get stuck in the past like others choose to do.

Just sayin'

As much as i love both teams, I believe New Town can beat Dunbar..but first they have to deal with a VERY difficult Manchester Valley team...BTW, New Town kids are in no way afraid of Baltimore City..lol

As much as i love both teams, I believe New Town can beat Dunbar..but first they have to deal with a VERY difficult Manchester Valley team...BTW, New Town kids are in no way afraid of Baltimore City..lol

Yeah thats the same thing that the "Baltimore County" Overlea team said last year and you see what happened to them.

Asking the county 1a/2a teams to beat Dunbar or Edmondson is like asking them to beat Franklin or Milford Mill, it's not very likely. It's just like when the D-II teams in the city would go undefeated in the regular season and have to face a D-I team in the playoffs. All those games ended in running clocks. Not to put any of those D-II or 1a/2a teams down but there's a big difference between the best of the big leagues and the best of the smaller leagues.

Now New Town/Reginald Lewis would have been a very good game. Too bad that's not happening. Then your county boys would have gotten their chance to prove they're not afraid of the city on an even level.

By making a clean break, do you mean that they will be changing their schedule? Lets face it, year in and year out Fort Hill will be worth more points than most of the teams currently on Dunbar's schedule. If you look at games played, Fort Hill has beaten Dunbar once by 16. Dunbar has beaten Fort Hill four times by 15 twice, and by 6 and 1. (Both of those were last second wins for them.) Just looking at some of the teams that Dunbar plays currently, they have beaten Southwestern by 32, City by 27, 12, 22, and 12; Mervo by 51, 20, 32, and 24, Digital Harbor by 36, 40, and 48; and Carver by 64, 6, and 56. With the exception of City, those teams can expect to be blown out.

Bottom line is that I follow Fort Hill but I love good High school football. While Dunbar is one of the State's top programs, the games with Fort Hill have been very competetive and not blowouts. Dunbar has great kids, their coaches are football people, and their fans are some of the most pleasant and informed fans that I've been around. (This has been a constant with their fans that I've noticed from my first encounter with them at a McDonalds in Haqgerstown prior to the first Fort Hill/Dunbar State Championship game.) Unless Dunbar would jump to a larger 3A or a 4A, I'd love to see the two play each other during the season. It would be a positive experience for all involved.

Let's really face it. If Dunbar is going to take on the likes of Middletown, Walkersville, McDonough, Gwynn Park, Patuxent, Kent Island, Douglass-PG, Queen Anne's, Elkton, etc and pick up out of league games like Calvert Hall, el at in a quest to go more regional and national, they would be best served to cut as many 1A teams off the schedule as they can. League play is league play in any league so all league teams must play what's there. But more control by Dunbar can be had over teams like Fort Hill and although there have been entertaining games for you over the years, it will be a new day starting next year and time to do away with old things that, although was fine and even great yesterday, are not in the best interest of Dunbar from a Dunbar perspective tomorrow is simply all I'm sayin'. Now if Fort Hill and Alco were to combine and become 2A also, then there could be a situation worth dialog.

I'm sure Dunbar will do what's best for Dunbar. They always have as far as I see with great progressive out-of-the box thinking on Orleans.

Asking the county 1a/2a teams to beat Dunbar or Edmondson is like asking them to beat Franklin or Milford Mill, it's not very likely. It's just like when the D-II teams in the city would go undefeated in the regular season and have to face a D-I team in the playoffs. All those games ended in running clocks. Not to put any of those D-II or 1a/2a teams down but there's a big difference between the best of the big leagues and the best of the smaller leagues.

Now New Town/Reginald Lewis would have been a very good game. Too bad that's not happening. Then your county boys would have gotten their chance to prove they're not afraid of the city on an even level.

New Town BLASTED Northwestern last Year in the Play Offs and the game was Forfeit (Even though the ineligible player was no longer on that team) and Overlea DESTROYED Reginald Lewis Last Year!

Division II Football in Baltimore City Has A Long Way to Go. But just like Baltimore County 1A it is very Top Heavy. Dunbar is 1A in name only because they play a Heavy City Division 1 Schedule made up of 2,3 & 4 A schools. Please Believe Dunbar nor any other Baltimore City School intimidates the Stronger Baltimore County programs it's just at the 1A level only two maybe three have the Athletes with the talent and temperament to face a True Division 1 City team.

New Town BLASTED Northwestern last Year in the Play Offs and the game was Forfeit (Even though the ineligible player was no longer on that team) and Overlea DESTROYED Reginald Lewis Last Year!

Division II Football in Baltimore City Has A Long Way to Go. But just like Baltimore County 1A it is very Top Heavy. Dunbar is 1A in name only because they play a Heavy City Division 1 Schedule made up of 2,3 & 4 A schools. Please Believe Dunbar nor any other Baltimore City School intimidates the Stronger Baltimore County programs it's just at the 1A level only two maybe three have the Athletes with the talent and temperament to face a True Division 1 City team.

Stop.... That player can be seen playing in the game.

Stop.... That player can be seen playing in the game.

Really? GTHOH!! You can't have been close to that program because your info is way off! Like I said New Town Would Run the Table in Baltimore City Division II and probably go multiple years not allowing more than 40 points for a season. if that much... Hey here to hoping New Town can advance and we may see how they fare against whoever comes out of the other Side. Perryville can Beat anyone ...Fort Hill can win it all...Dunbar is Dunbar...Everyone else has to prove themselves

Really? GTHOH!! You can't have been close to that program because your info is way off! Like I said New Town Would Run the Table in Baltimore City Division II and probably go multiple years not allowing more than 40 points for a season. if that much... Hey here to hoping New Town can advance and we may see how they fare against whoever comes out of the other Side. Perryville can Beat anyone ...Fort Hill can win it all...Dunbar is Dunbar...Everyone else has to prove themselves

More than you know...

I think you missed the part where I was responding to BJC saying that his county boys weren't scared of the city boys and then ending it with a lol. We were basically joking about that but as for game I think Lewis and New Town would have been a good matchup this year. I agree that the D-II is pretty weak but I think the best team in D-II can hang with the best county 1a/2a team in most years.

ECF, don't get me started on that issue lol...but back on topic...Manchester Valley is a very good football team, and they are up next...But I do believe this years Titans could hold their own with the Poets...

Sadly pt 6 will not occur this year as FH fell to Brunswick 46-42 in a game for the ages. Brunswick played great and could be a tough out for the Poets next week. FH's Dekarri Darr ran for 265 yds on 38 carries with 2 TDs tonight, dude is only a Jr. The future is bright for the Sentinels next season losing only 4 Srs. Good luck next week Poets, sorry we couldn't send you off. Also good luck in 2a next year, I still look forward to following your success and we can't wait to match up with Edmonson and Douglass. Nice to have Joppatowne back in the mix as well!!!