Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisbraven

Watch what Cameron does.

20 posts in this topic

I hate to be negative, but I thought I'd just put this out there: vs. the Raiders' ailing secondary, Cam Cameron is going to try and make a statement. He's going to get pass-happy again. The problem is, it will not succeed, the running game will be abandoned, and this game will be closer than it should be. A Raiders team that allowed Tampa Bay to score 42 on them in their house, we should beat by 28 at home. They shouldn't score much at all without McFadden. But thanks to Cameron, this win will look pedestrian instead of powerful. His ego is too big to be consistent in running the ball.

His postgame (subliminal) excuse will be that he wanted to put the scare into Pittsburgh's prep for the no-huddle, but this is a thin veil for his onfield treatise into the "told-you-I'm-an offensive-genius" paradigm.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Braven

I think this scenario is very possible, especially if Flacco connects for a long touchdown early in the game. That's all it usually takes for Cameron to shelve the running game and get pass happy. I've pretty much given up hope that Cameron will one day accept that this team should run the ball to set up the pass, not the other way around. His dream of Flacco being the next Aaron Rogers will more than likely take him right to the unemployment line.

And what happens if he does what you said and it works, the way it did against Cincy in the opener?

And what happens if he does what you said and it works, the way it did against Cincy in the opener?

Then we have some serious problems on our hands going into Pittsburgh.

Then we have some serious problems on our hands going into Pittsburgh.
So...let me see if I have this straight. According to you, if the OC implements a plan, and it works, the result is serious problems heading into next week's game. Wow. That's just amazing.

So...let me see if I have this straight. According to you, if the OC implements a plan, and it works, the result is serious problems heading into next week's game. Wow. That's just amazing.

Yes, it is amazing. What works against the Oakland Raiders will have virtually nothing to do with playing Pittsburgh. Cameron can have Flacco throwing the ball 50 times today, he can pile up 400+ yards and the Ravens can win 44-13 and next week with that mind set, the Ravens will get kicked all over the field. Guarantee it.

Yes, it is amazing. What works against the Oakland Raiders will have virtually nothing to do with playing Pittsburgh. Cameron can have Flacco throwing the ball 50 times today, he can pile up 400+ yards and the Ravens can win 44-13 and next week with that mind set, the Ravens will get kicked all over the field. Guarantee it.
So you'd rather have him implement a plan that won't work as well against the Raiders so that NEXT week his plan will work better against the Steelers.

(And I bet you're one of the people who complain about the inconsistency of the offense.)

:rolleyes:

So you'd rather have him implement a plan that won't work as well against the Raiders so that NEXT week his plan will work better against the Steelers.

(And I bet you're one of the people who complain about the inconsistency of the offense.)

:rolleyes:

What I want to see him to do is run the ball 25-30 times, chew up the clock and use play action to move the chains through the air. If that means beating the Raiders 24-13 instead of 44-13, then so be it. I think we all, including you, have seen more than enough of this defense. The longer they're on the side lines, the better. And I don't care who they're playing.

What I want to see him to do is run the ball 25-30 times, chew up the clock and use play action to move the chains through the air. If that means beating the Raiders 24-13 instead of 44-13, then so be it. I think we all, including you, have seen more than enough of this defense. The longer they're on the side lines, the better. And I don't care who they're playing.
Because that will work against the Steeler's, right? Open your eyes. It never really worked before (they only swept the Steelers when McNair opened it up in 2006), and it won't work now. Stop living in the past and clinging to the "RUN THE BALL 25-30 TIMES" mantra as if it'll provide the answers. It won't. Especially not against the better teams.

Because that will work against the Steeler's, right? Open your eyes. It never really worked before (they only swept the Steelers when McNair opened it up in 2006), and it won't work now. Stop living in the past and clinging to the "RUN THE BALL 25-30 TIMES" mantra as if it'll provide the answers. It won't. Especially not against the better teams.

And what's the alternative? No thank you. I'll take my chances with the "run the ball 25-30 times" mantra. My eyes are wide open and what I've seen from this defense is enough to make you want to puke. And who says you can't run on Pittsubrgh or any team for that matter? That's where the Ravens strength is along the offensive line, not in pass protection. Off to watch the game.............Go Ravens!

I share this same thought. tampa gashed them, and were going to try to pass with rice and pierce i bet....

And what's the alternative?
The alternative is what any OC worth his salt needs to do -- dial up the CORRECT game plan, each week, designed to beat the defense of the team he's playing, NOT just roll out some cookie-cutter "plan" as you suggest. Granted, Cameron is NOT that person, and the Ravens made a huge mistake by re-signing him. But you gotta dance with the gal you brought, and the Ravens brought Cameron, so now they're stuck with him. (And if you think the Steelers can't key in on the run and shut it down, you're sadly mistaken.)

I hate to be negative, but I thought I'd just put this out there: vs. the Raiders' ailing secondary, Cam Cameron is going to try and make a statement. He's going to get pass-happy again. The problem is, it will not succeed, the running game will be abandoned, and this game will be closer than it should be. A Raiders team that allowed Tampa Bay to score 42 on them in their house, we should beat by 28 at home. They shouldn't score much at all without McFadden. But thanks to Cameron, this win will look pedestrian instead of powerful. His ego is too big to be consistent in running the ball.

His postgame (subliminal) excuse will be that he wanted to put the scare into Pittsburgh's prep for the no-huddle, but this is a thin veil for his onfield treatise into the "told-you-I'm-an offensive-genius" paradigm.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Braven

Well it looks like you were right. Cam's got Flacco throwing the ball all over the field. What is wrong with this organization?

Well it looks like you were right. Cam's got Flacco throwing the ball all over the field. What is wrong with this organization?
And Ray Rice is really running all over the field, isn't he?

They've been playing for the run all day so the Ravens have to pass. The dumb thing they are doing is blitzing Joe. Since day 1 he's eaten up the blitz so its no wonder he's having a field day.

It sure does look like we are going to have some serious problems going into Pittsburgh. This is exactly the kind of game this team did not need.

It sure does look like we are going to have some serious problems going into Pittsburgh. This is exactly the kind of game this team did not need.
Tongue in cheek, right? B)

(Cuz if you're serious...then wow, just wow.)

Yeah, I was just commenting on that asinine statement someone made earlier
Whew. That's what I was hoping. +1

:D