Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest NCBirdfan

It's a good thing SD fired Scottenheimer after a 14-2 season...

7 posts in this topic

My point in all of this is:

1. It was reported that Schottenheimer recently had talks with KC ownership.

2. IMO Schottenheimer is a decent coach and never deserved to be fired in SD after a 14-2 season. The Chargers have gotten worse since his departure. Good for them.

3. Here in a Baltimore forum there have been many criticisms of the Ravens coaching staff - and rightfully so sometimes. There are sometimes I just scratch my head. I draw the line though, with the fans that are calling for the heads of Harbaugh, Cameron, Pees, etc. just because the wins are not as pretty as some think they should be.

Look, the Ravens are consistent winners. I posted this thread before the Oakland game and am glad that the Ravens were able to have an easy time against the Raiders. But, face it. There will be great games like yesterday's and there will be crummy games like the Houston and KC games. But all that matters is the win column. Harbaugh and company have proven they are top-notch coaches and Baltimore is a top-notch franchise.

Criticize the coaches and players all you want, but for those of you that think the Ravens would be better if this coach or that coach were fired, history does not back you up well.

The Houston Oilers once fired Bum Phillips because all he did was get them into the playoffs and always fell short of the Super Bowl. The result is the team played so badly after his departure that the franchise picked up and went to another city to start over again. I often wonder if the Oilers would have even reach the Super Bowl if they just kept Phillips. Well, we at least know what happened after they canned him.

He also got canned by the Redskins, despite that he had them on the way up, if I recall that year correctly, they got off to a bad start but had a really good 2nd half of season, were over 500 and improving but it wasn't fast enough for Snyder I guess

He also got canned by the Redskins, despite that he had them on the way up, if I recall that year correctly, they got off to a bad start but had a really good 2nd half of season, were over 500 and improving but it wasn't fast enough for Snyder I guess

After last night's performance, the Chiefs need to seriously consider Schottenheimer. They redefine the phrase "gawd awful!"