Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

durango46

It's time Ed

23 posts in this topic

Reed is a shell of his former self, but who is going to take his place? Look at the rest of the secondary. It isn't very good at all. Webb was the one decent cover guy. Pollard is a big hitter, but not much covering people. The rest of them get burned at various points in the game. Sitting Reed is not an option when the best of the rest is what is out there game after game.

Reed is a shell of his former self, but who is going to take his place? Look at the rest of the secondary. It isn't very good at all. Webb was the one decent cover guy. Pollard is a big hitter, but not much covering people. The rest of them get burned at various points in the game. Sitting Reed is not an option when the best of the rest is what is out there game after game.
Enough already. ANYone would be better than Reed at this point.

I don't know that anyone would be better, however he clearly has lost the ability to make sure tackles. the thing is he still commands respect in the back - even if we know the threat is hollow. For now, I think not having him there would be worse considering the options.

I don't know that anyone would be better, however he clearly has lost the ability to make sure tackles. the thing is he still commands respect in the back - even if we know the threat is hollow. For now, I think not having him there would be worse considering the options.
We'll agree to disagree. He was so respected that the TD went right over him because he was out of position. Again.

Not sure I would agree with you. Reed is far from the asset he used to be, but some of those tackles he is not making is because nobody else in the secondary is ever in position to make them either.

Not sure I would agree with you. Reed is far from the asset he used to be, but some of those tackles he is not making is because nobody else in the secondary is ever in position to make them either.
What are you talking about? He's not making the tackles because he can't make the damn tackles. It's got nothing to do with anything anyone else is doing or not doing. That's really one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. If no one else is making them, and he's in position to make them, he's supposed to make them.

He's broke, not done.

When he heals, he's going to be fine.

Depends, I had the same thing maybe worse with both my shoulders it took each (different times) an easy 6 months to really heal. All good except I can't throw a ball anymore, not that me or Ed needs to. Maybe bag it now and get the surgery for next year, if there is one for him. Afterwards, therapy was a BEAR!

Brushing players with your shoulder isn't tackling. Reed was a bad tackler last year, this year it's just pitiful.

He is not going to voluntarily step down or retire. Too much money to be made that he, sure wont make out of football. Time for Harbaugh to grow a pair and do what is best for the team and forget about past glories. After all it is a business when all is said and done.

He is not going to voluntarily step down or retire. Too much money to be made that he, sure wont make out of football. Time for Harbaugh to grow a pair and do what is best for the team and forget about past glories. After all it is a business when all is said and done.
This. (But he won't, of course. He has no balls. Just a lot of talk.)

Of course he is not what he was, but I still believe he is better than the alternative options out there, if only for his experience, leadership, reputation, and other intangibles. There might be some other things the coaches should do to compensate for his weaknesses, and maybe he's not any every-down player. I think when he's gone we will miss him a lot.

Of course he is not what he was, but I still believe he is better than the alternative options out there, if only for his experience, leadership, reputation, and other intangibles. There might be some other things the coaches should do to compensate for his weaknesses, and maybe he's not any every-down player. I think when he's gone we will miss him a lot.
The OLD Ed Reed will be missed. Just like with C-Mac. And Heap. And Mason. And even the old Samari Rolle. But you can't keep living in the past. Reed's done. And he's been done. And it's hurting the team. Omar Brown is sitting on the PS. Promote him and don't look back.