Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GREYHOUND ALUM

Eastern Christian Academy Now Called Tri-State Christian Academy?

11 posts in this topic

I was told today that ECA is now being called Tri-State Christian Academy and that they ECA kids are staying. How is this thing going to pan out? Is this a state sanctioned school? Have to hand it to those guys, they are persistent.

I haven't heard anything like this.. First off Tri-State Christian already exist.. It used to be called Elkton Christian but changed its name two years ago in an effort to re-market itself due to dwindling enrollment.. They were trying to draw kids from PA and DE with the name change... Actually Elkton Christian used to be rivals with Red Lion.. Elkton also had a football team at some point (they still have a field)... Elkton Christian used to lose a lot of MS kids to RLCA when they reached HS.. Many thought Sills and Co would reach out to them when RLCA blew up but it didn't happen.... SO if anything is happening now then ECA kids would be transferring to Tri STate.. but I have heard nothing of this,..

I haven't heard anything like this.. First off Tri-State Christian already exist.. It used to be called Elkton Christian but changed its name two years ago in an effort to re-market itself due to dwindling enrollment.. They were trying to draw kids from PA and DE with the name change... Actually Elkton Christian used to be rivals with Red Lion.. Elkton also had a football team at some point (they still have a field)... Elkton Christian used to lose a lot of MS kids to RLCA when they reached HS.. Many thought Sills and Co would reach out to them when RLCA blew up but it didn't happen.... SO if anything is happening now then ECA kids would be transferring to Tri STate.. but I have heard nothing of this,.. on the hand if Tri States is trying to stay open and ECA offers an avenue along with having an nationally recognized football team then I can see it going down like that... and yes they are sanctioned... It would be an interesting move both for the ECA crew and Tri STates as it would certainly put them on the ma not only for football but maybe even a future MIAA membership for all sports some day if Tri States is successful in recruiting PA and DE as well as CC...... but again this is your rumor I have heard nothing of it...

Maybe this is where the mix up is, meaning that the person who told me this was confusing Elkton Christian with Eastern Christian. I did a google search and it seems as though Scout.com now has the ECA kids listed as now playing for Tri-State. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

That has to be a scout.com data base error... I have seen nothing or heard nothing anywhere about the kids transferring to Tri-State...I did search it and yes the ECA kids are listed on scout as being at tri-state but I dont know if they always had them there due to their database doesnt have ECA and elkton christian name change..actually I remember them being listed as Tri-State on scout last year...

That has to be a scout.com data base error... I have seen nothing or heard nothing anywhere about the kids transferring to Tri-State... now it may be happening but it would be odd scout got the info first before rivals who ECA guys have a great relationship with... I did search it and yes the ECA kids are listed on scout as being at tri-state but I dont know if they always had them there due to database doesnt have ECA and elkton christian name change..

If you haven't heard I'm sure that's the issue(database error). Another reason why I never look at Scout, I canceled my subscription a while ago.

If you haven't heard I'm sure that's the issue(database error). Another reason why I never look at Scout, I canceled my subscription a while ago.

Yeah this is completely false info.. you really should delete this thread or at least change the headline of this thread.. Headlines from this forum shows up on google and other searches... This could cause unneccesary drama for tri-state admin and parents...

Yeah this is completely false info.. you really should delete this thread or at least change the headline of this thread.. Headlines from this forum shows up on google and other searches... This could cause unneccesary drama for tri-state admin and parents...

I don't even know how to delete thread or if you can. But I clearly put a question mark in the title, so it was a question asking if its true not posted as fact. And I'm pretty sure ECA has been confused with Elkton Christian Academy before, even on this board so the assumption isn't something that's far fetched. If Tri-State or ECA have at issues with this they should probably reach out to Scout and make sure that this information isn't in their database.

I originally thought that the Red Lion kids going to Elkton/Tri-State Christian Academy was what people were talking about when I first heard that the RLCA kids were coming to Elkton. Using a pre-existing school with pre-existing (albeit not that great) football facilities made a lot of sense.

As an aside, Tri-State Christian's football team last played in 2008. They went 5-5 playing:

@ Maryland Christian (L 26-29)

vs. Red Lion Christian Academy (DE) (L 19-22)

vs. Patterson Mill (W 28-13)

@ Princeton Day (NJ) (W 14-6)

vs. Moyer Academy (DE) (W 40-0)

vs. Havre de Grace (L 0-32)

@ Bohemia Manor (L 14-35)

@ George School (PA) (W 26-20)

vs. Perkiomen (PA) (L 0-14)

vs. Perryville (W 26-14)

Tri-State Christian's program lasted about a year longer than West Nottingham Academy, another small private school that disbanded their program because of low numbers. The economic downturn hit a lot of the small private schools hard. To my knowledge those are the only 2 football programs in MD disbanded since at least 2000.

I originally thought that the Red Lion kids going to Elkton/Tri-State Christian Academy was what people were talking about when I first heard that the RLCA kids were coming to Elkton. Using a pre-existing school with pre-existing (albeit not that great) football facilities made a lot of sense.

As an aside, Tri-State Christian's football team last played in 2008. They went 5-5 playing:

@ Maryland Christian (L 26-29)

vs. Red Lion Christian Academy (DE) (L 19-22)

vs. Patterson Mill (W 28-13)

@ Princeton Day (NJ) (W 14-6)

vs. Moyer Academy (DE) (W 40-0)

vs. Havre de Grace (L 0-32)

@ Bohemia Manor (L 14-35)

@ George School (PA) (W 26-20)

vs. Perkiomen (PA) (L 0-14)

vs. Perryville (W 26-14)

Tri-State Christian's program lasted about a year longer than West Nottingham Academy, another small private school that disbanded their program because of low numbers. The economic downturn hit a lot of the small private schools hard. To my knowledge those are the only 2 football programs in MD disbanded since at least 2000.

I wonder if a merger between ECA and Tri-State Christian Academy is in the works. It could be amicable for both sides. ECA would/could have facilities, a field (even if a major facelift and renovations are necessary) and a brick and mortar school. It would also fend off some critics. Sills' money would greatly benefit a struggling school.

Note to Harco, just wondering. LOL

I wonder if a merger between ECA and Tri-State Christian Academy is in the works. It could be amicable for both sides. ECA would/could have facilities, a field (even if a major facelift and renovations are necessary) and a brick and mortar school. It would also fend off some critics. Sills' money would greatly benefit a struggling school.

Note to Harco, just wondering. LOL

I thought the same thing but you would have the same problem at Tri-State as you did with Red Lion.

I thought the same thing but you would have the same problem at Tri-State as you did with Red Lion but even more so... Tri State only has 250 or so students preK-12 and less than 10 of them are students of color. If students of color started showing up in numbers those folks would throw a fit that's the reality. The ECA kids don't need to be put in that situation again. Most the kids that go to Tri-State go up until 8th grade then they transfer to larger schools.. I seriously doubt the admin at Tri-State or Crossroads Church would want anything to do with it they are all well aware of the Red Lion saga..

Some Christians they are.