Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

West Chester Raven

The circus in New York

16 posts in this topic

You know, I thought Rex was alright when he was here in Baltimore - but that defense back in the day made a few coordinators look real good.

Any way, I digress. I am SO glad that Steve hired John Harbaugh and not this clown. To be fair, I'm not sure Rex was even a finalist for the job. The FO clearly knew he wasn't head coaching material (at least by our standards) and they were so right.

What is going on with the Jets the past 2 years is just embarrassing and frankly Ryan looks like an asss - as if he needed any help.

Ryan was one of the folks pinging upper management behind Billick's back. While Bisciotti and company noted the issue and eventually made a move, they didn't just give the players and Rex everything they wanted. They eventually got change, just not all on their terms.

Building a team around me-first players and headlines usually doesn't equal long term success.

At least they are sharing the NY market with the Giants. Jets get the headlines and the Giants get the wins/championships.

Ryan is a good coach and an excellent motivator but you're only as good as the talent that you have and offensively, the Jets leave a lot to be desired. With their season pretty much gone, I'd put Tebow in there and let him play the rest of the season. What do they have to lose? He's not a statistically great quarterback and he's not going to wow you with fundamentals but the guy does win. For whatever reason though, Ryan seems to have a man crush on Sanchez and I guess they're going to take each other down in flames. And neither will be in New York next year.

We could have had Rex or Jason Garrett. Looks like Steve chose wisely. Who could have known that he would be such a good judge of talent? ;)

We could have had Rex or Jason Garrett. Looks like Steve chose wisely. Who could have known that he would be such a good judge of talent? ;)

Steve wanted Garrett. Garrett turned us down. Nice move there Jason...

I was surprised when Rex said that Tebow was never brought in with the intent of him ever being the starting QB.

If that is the case why bother by being involved in a trade?

Press reports said that 12 players were not happy with Tebow. Tebow has very little to do with the Jets record.

Steve wanted Garrett. Garrett turned us down. Nice move there Jason...

Garrett was the obvious choice at the time. John not so much, but Steve and the FO saw something in him and they decided to not search further. All I can say is thank goodness for 'The Wire'.

Yeah, it's strange that Tebow remains a story / focus... when he really doesn't play very much. 6 passing attempts and 27 rushing attempts midway through the season... I can't fathom why ANYBODY would worry about singling him out as a "problem" in any way.

Press reports said that 12 players were not happy with Tebow.

Right, because he doesn't look good in practices. Gee, no kidding; he doesn't look good in games either, but he figures out ways to win. That's not something that would be obvious during practice.

Regardless, 12 guys stabbing a teammate in the back, especially when the teammate hasn't had a chance to do anything, is about as low as it gets. I hope they win a few games so a) Rex keeps his job; B) Sanchez keeps his job; and c) the circus continues next year. They all deserve each other.

All I can say is thank goodness for 'The Wire'.

I had never watched that show until just a few weeks ago. I'm almost done with season four. The wifey must have known that Jason would be getting the HC gig in Dallas because if that was the main reason he did not take the job, then they are fools. What were the chances she or her family would have ever ended up in those areas of Baltimore?

I will always contend that the Ravens were looking to get away from a high profile media coach and knew what Rex would being them. He might be a good DC but he is a clown and his team reflects that.

I am still trying to figure why the Jets even bothered to trade for Tebow:

a. Jets are always sold out, no ticket sales incentive.

b. They publicly stated he was not obtained to be their QB.

c. They paid a ton of money for their starting QB.

d. Tebow draws some big bucks and a back up clip board holder QB would be much cheaper.

e. Did the owner of the Jets want some type of trophy player to dazzle the NY media or the NY social crowd?

At the time of the trade the media said that Tebow actually had the opportunity to be traded to the Jags instead, never really found out if that was true or not.

I am still trying to figure why the Jets even bothered to trade for Tebow:

a. Jets are always sold out, no ticket sales incentive.

b. They publicly stated he was not obtained to be their QB.

c. They paid a ton of money for their starting QB.

d. Tebow draws some big bucks and a back up clip board holder QB would be much cheaper.

e. Did the owner of the Jets want some type of trophy player to dazzle the NY media or the NY social crowd?

At the time of the trade the media said that Tebow actually had the opportunity to be traded to the Jags instead, never really found out if that was true or not.

My guess would be "e". It was mind-boggling then and has turned into the predicted failure.

Tim Tebow called 'terrible' and more by Jets teammates

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/la-sp-sn-tim-tebow-20121114,0,5797130.story?obref=obinsite

The fact that Tebow is not a first rate NFL QB in the accepted mold should be no surprise to anyone. It should also be no surprise that the NY Jets are utterly disfunctional and have no idea what they're doing. Why did they even get the guy? What did they think they were getting? I think the team from top to bottom is richly deserving of any crap that accumulates on them. I am very glad Rex Ryan is not the Ravens' coach; I don't think this is all his doing, but he is not steering a very effective path through it, and he seems like a jerk.

As to Tebow, I hope he gets traded or cut or whatever it takes to shake the dust off of his time there. I don't know if there is a team or coach capable of making the best of his skills (toughness, leadership, spirit, will-to-win) but I think Denver demonstrated that there is potential there for a lot of fun, and maybe even some winning.

Ryan is a good coach and an excellent motivator but you're only as good as the talent that you have and offensively, the Jets leave a lot to be desired. With their season pretty much gone, I'd put Tebow in there and let him play the rest of the season. What do they have to lose? He's not a statistically great quarterback and he's not going to wow you with fundamentals but the guy does win. For whatever reason though, Ryan seems to have a man crush on Sanchez and I guess they're going to take each other down in flames. And neither will be in New York next year.

Not sure a good coach looses control of his team?

Not sure a good coach looses control of his team?

I think he's trying to be a buddy(no pun intended)to his players like he was when he was DC for the Ravens. But that just doesn't translate as a head coach when you have to make important personel decisions. I guess he looks at starting Tebow as a concession to the season being over for the Jets. He's too much of an egomaniac for that and it's a shame because I actually think starting Tebow would revitalize the team and maybe get them on a roll like Denver last year. I think if Ryan would look at his team objectively, he'd realize that Sanchez isn't any better than Tebow. Maybe the players don't think so but who cares what they think? Are they running the team? With each passing week, Ryan AND Sanchez are closer to the door.