Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PEZ

Jimmy Smity has groin surgery

15 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-smith-sidelined-with-groin-injury-20121115,0,5482685.story

Not a good situation, but the article indicates Corey Graham as the next guy up, with Chykie Brown as the nickel back, and they signed a veteran Chris Johnson. I think Brown has some potential IMO. But a disappointingly weak unit has gotten weaker, and it is a critical unit at a critical time.

Well considering he couldn't cover or tackle i don't see how this is much of an issue for the team. Him and Cary Williams are interchangeable. Two scrubs who get burnt repeatedly although i'll admit Williams has been playing a little better lately

Well considering he couldn't cover or tackle i don't see how this is much of an issue for the team. Him and Cary Williams are interchangeable. Two scrubs who get burnt repeatedly although i'll admit Williams has been playing a little better lately
Frank...today you're sounding kind of like one of those guys on the Snickers commercials. Here...have a Snickers. Better?

:D

(Frank changes back from Ozzie Osborne...to Frank.)

Better.

B)

Frank...today you're sounding kind of like one of those guys on the Snickers commercials. Here...have a Snickers. Better?

:D

(Frank changes back from Ozzie Osborne...to Frank.)

Better.

B)

that made me laugh:D

I want Jimmy Smith to be as great as he can be but I am not sure that he is the professional we need him to be. There have been some situations around Baltimore involving some of the players, is he one of them? I hope not but a birdie has told me that perhaps devoted football focus is not part of his game plan.

Williams > Smith by a nose.

Outside of depth at the CB position, I don't think that is a great loss for the Ravens. In the games I have seen when he has been in there, he has been burned more times than bread in a defective toaster. I don't think he will be missed at all, except maybe by opposing teams QB's.

Not good news. I've been so disappointed in Jimmy Smith. All we've read on him since he got here is A) He is injured B)Excuses for his poor level of play. I can't think of a game yet in which he has distinguished himself as an impact player on defense. There has been PLENTY of time for him to show something. Looks like this was miss in terms of drafting.

Having said all of that, whoever we get to replace him leaves us in even worse shape.