Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jessup270

Steelers to wear awfult throw back jerseys against the Ravens

18 posts in this topic

Throwbacks are silly.

A special anniversary single time game appear, like the 10th, 25th or so forth would be OK.

But today, the whole ideal behind the throw back jersey is to get fans to part with their money for an additional jersey.

I am so glad the Ravens have no throw back tacky jerseys to entice fans to park with their money.

A special anniversary single time game appear, like the 10th, 25th or so forth would be OK.

But today, the whole ideal behind the throw back jersey is to get fans to part with their money for an additional jersey.

I am so glad the Ravens have no throw back tacky jerseys to entice fans to park with their money.

Doesn't affect me. The idea of grown people wearing a jersey with someone else's name on it and trying to look like the team does not appeal at all.

Doesn't affect me. The idea of grown people wearing a jersey with someone else's name on it and trying to look like the team does not appeal at all.

I have had the same jersey since the Ravens moved here. It has my name on the back. Maybe that's just as bad but I never cared to have a name of a player on my jersey. I think it looks silly once that player has moved on.

From time to time I get someone asking me who is the player that I have on the back of my jersey. LOL

I have had the same jersey since the Ravens moved here. It has my name on the back. Maybe that's just as bad but I never cared to have a name of a player on my jersey. I think it looks silly once that player has moved on.

From time to time I get someone asking me who is the player that I have on the back of my jersey. LOL

Good call. The NFL marketing arm has dressed the fans for conflict. Most of the problems at games are based on what gear you are wearing.

Most have never played or never could and have to let out the testosterone in the stands.

1. The game jerseys, no matter whose name is on them, are way too expensive for my budget.

2. When going to a game, a cap and sweatshirt is sufficient to show others who you support.

3. My identity is not tied much to the team. Although I am a fan, I have a life outside of sports. And my fandom is tied more to the city of Baltimore than the individual teams. For instance, if Baltimore had a NHL team I would probably be a bigger hockey fan. I went to a few Skipjacks and Blast (soccer) games back in the day.

4. Pittsburgh's throwback jerseys are horrendous. I feel sorry for the players who are forced to wear them.

1. The game jerseys, no matter whose name is on them, are way too expensive for my budget.

2. When going to a game, a cap and sweatshirt is sufficient to show others who you support.

3. My identity is not tied much to the team. Although I am a fan, I have a life outside of sports. And my fandom is tied more to the city of Baltimore than the individual teams. For instance, if Baltimore had a NHL team I would probably be a bigger hockey fan. I went to a few Skipjacks and Blast (soccer) games back in the day.

4. Pittsburgh's throwback jerseys are horrendous. I feel sorry for the players who are forced to wear them.

Yeah I can relate. I follow the Penguins and the Pirates as I grew up watching all three.

Where have you gone Roberto Clemente?

Those throwbacks are bad. Rooney picked those as this is their 80th year so they reached back in history.

That's funny because we used to have a saying about certain women that, "She is uglier than Baltimore."

I like what Hines Ward said about how the fans in Baltimore view the Steelers. He said he saw a grandfather, his son, and four year old grandson all standing and giving him the finger as the Pittsburgh Team bus went by. Now that was something..:D

I must admit, the Steelers are a team I love to hate. I actually did not like it that Ben was hurt. I want to beat that team with him or it seems like a hollow victory even though it counts in the standings.