Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CIB

All the crap on the Defense

8 posts in this topic

And it was defense that saved this game -repeatedly.

Special teams accounted for over half our points.

The offense was basically dead after the second quarter though (unlike Pittsburgh in the first) they managed a few new downs here and there.

I think the defense is getting stronger... in other words, we reached it's "nadir" a few weeks ago.

It's good for the offense to finally be able to have a crappy game, and get picked up the other two parts of the team. Because even factoring into account Pittsburghs "D" the fact is this looked like a very poorly thought out and executed game by our O.

And it was defense that saved this game -repeatedly.

Special teams accounted for over half our points.

The offense was basically dead after the second quarter though (unlike Pittsburgh in the first) they managed a few new downs here and there.

I think the defense is getting stronger... in other words, we reached it's "nadir" a few weeks ago.

It's good for the offense to finally be able to have a crappy game, and get picked up the other two parts of the team. Because even factoring into account Pittsburghs "D" the fact is this looked like a very poorly thought out and executed game by our O.

Uhm...it probably didn't help at all the Leftwich couldn't throw the ball 20 yards, did it? :rolleyes:

Uhm...it probably didn't help at all the Leftwich couldn't throw the ball 20 yards, did it? :rolleyes:

Um, that looked more like 35 or so yards to me.

More to the point, he wasn't so injured that he mostly couldn't follow their plan.

Don't get me wrong - Looking at that second to last pass it's quite obvious he should have been out of the game and replaced by Batch for "Hail Mary" time.

But he was able to move the ball consistently most of the second half. It wasn't all runs. He mixed in some good passes.

So I don't agree that his injury hurt them that much until it got to "gunslinging" time. I agree with you - I would have had Batch in there in that final minute and a half.

In short, I don't feel you are giving our defense enough credit. They kept making plays.

Um, that looked more like 35 or so yards to me.

More to the point, he wasn't so injured that he mostly couldn't follow their plan.

Don't get me wrong - Looking at that second to last pass it's quite obvious he should have been out of the game and replaced by Batch for "Hail Mary" time.

But he was able to move the ball consistently most of the second half. It wasn't all runs. He mixed in some good passes.

So I don't agree that his injury hurt them that much until it got to "gunslinging" time. I agree with you - I would have had Batch in there in that final minute and a half.

In short, I don't feel you are giving our defense enough credit. They kept making plays.

He missed at least 2 or 3 passes in the 20 yard range way before the final pass. Did you miss them?