Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eaglesinsider

MaxPreps Regional Rankings: Gilman #2, Middletown #10

13 posts in this topic

If the 4A state champion is an undefeated Westminster/Wise I would not be surprised to see them in the regional rankings as well.

1. Don Bosco Prep (NJ) 8-1

2. Gilman (MD) 9-2

3. Our Lady of Good Counsel (MD) 10-1

4. Paramus Catholic (NJ) 8-1

5. St. Joseph Regional (NJ) 7-2

6. Bergen Catholic (NJ) 6-3

7. Williamstown (NJ) 9-0

8. Maine-Endwell (NY) 12-0

9. DeMatha (MD) 9-2

10. Middletown (MD) 12-0

I don't know why the MaxPreps computers love Bosco so much. I'd have GC #1, Gilman #2, and Bosco #3.

because the cal/maxpreps computer is flawed... it works great in small states where everyone plays everyone but on the national setting its silly... maxpreps/calpreps isnt really a ranking.. its a "rating" .. meaning the difference between 5 and 20 is a rating difference of 45.3 and 45.7....

If the 4A state champion is an undefeated Westminster/Wise I would not be surprised to see them in the regional rankings as well.

1. Don Bosco Prep (NJ) 8-1

2. Gilman (MD) 9-2

3. Our Lady of Good Counsel (MD) 10-1

4. Paramus Catholic (NJ) 8-1

5. St. Joseph Regional (NJ) 7-2

6. Bergen Catholic (NJ) 6-3

7. Williamstown (NJ) 9-0

8. Maine-Endwell (NY) 12-0

9. DeMatha (MD) 9-2

10. Middletown (MD) 12-0

I don't know why the MaxPreps computers love Bosco so much. I'd have GC #1, Gilman #2, and Bosco #3.

It should definitely be GC, Gilman and Bosco. But like Harco said, it's a rating more than a ranking.

This Max Preps ranking certainly gives my post from Saturday on the "State Semi-Finals Set" thread credibility. Only MD public school ranked from the West Region, more specifically, FRED CO.

The Maxpreps ranking is so suspect to have Middletown and not Wise or over Wise with respect to publics so you really aren't offered such great credibility as you think.

Just sayin'

So you say. Maybe you need to research facts with regards to the most successful region/county the last four years in Maryland Public Schools cause here's what I come up with: Since 2009 MVAL/Fred Co has sent more teams to the State Finals (6 teams) and won more State Championships (4- Catoctin in 1A & Linganore in 3A in 09, Urbana in 4A in 10 and Middletown in 2A in 11). We are also the only County/Conference to place 4 teams in the State Semi-Finals in each classification this year. Please feel free to verify this info and feel free to try and match it with another County/Conference. BTW, I was not referencing one team in my original post as you reference Wise. But I would add that Middletown has been the most consistent team from the County/Conference over the these last four years......Just sayin.

So you say. Maybe you need to research facts with regards to the most successful region/county the last four years in Maryland Public Schools cause here's what I come up with: Since 2009 MVAL/Fred Co has sent more teams to the State Finals (6 teams) and won more State Championships (4- Catoctin in 1A & Linganore in 3A in 09, Urbana in 4A in 10 and Middletown in 2A in 11). We are also the only County/Conference to place 4 teams in the State Semi-Finals in each classification this year. Please feel free to verify this info and feel free to try and match it with another County/Conference. BTW, I was not referencing one team in my original post as you reference Wise. But I would add that Middletown has been the most consistent team from the County/Conference over the these last four years......Just sayin.

:D Slow your roll newbie. We are NOT discussing the make up of the universe. The central issue or question I related is public undefeated 2A Middletown ranked by the service and public undefeated 4A Wise was not. That's all. Regarding all the hoopla of dominate region/county, if you've been around the block more than once then you would understand that such things go in cycles. It was PGCo at one time. It was MoCo at one time. It's your turn right now. Next year could be the start of a far different story for you depending on how the current successful crop is replaced due to graduation. Every dawg has its day. It's your day now and I don't need your newbie figures and stats and bean counts to know what time of day it is. I've around the barn several times.

Just sayin' you say? I like that. Where did you get it... Work this one plebe, Slow Your Roll.

:)

The entire premise of this "regional" ranking is bogus.

Including teams from NJ and NY, yet completely bypassing teams from PA?

How can a region include the a team from the state of NY, then jump over PA, and start again with MD?

I'll even concede to eliminate from consideration the teams in the Pittsburgh area and just look at teams from Eastern/Southern PA.

Bishop McDevitt in Harrisburg (included in USAToday's Top 25 btw), Wyndmoor (AAAA) and Pennridge Upper (AAA) are all teams from the same "region" and would all beat Middletown by double digits.

Even is you disagree with ranking them ahead of Gilman if this "regional" ranking didn't have such a selective understanding of the word "region."

And having seen both Middletown and Westminster play, I believe Westminster would beat them by 2 touchdowns.

Nobody on this board is disrespecting the MVAL. Jeebus has been shooting his pistol in the air long before you got here. There are some good football teams out west but there are some bad teams out there too. The MVAL is made up of 23 teams spread out over all 4 state classifications and 5 different regions. In comparison, HoCo has 12 teams in two state classifications and two regions. When the MVAL met HoCo in the state championship game last year the MVAL did not fare well. If Atholton had made it out of the 3A east in 2011 instead of River Hill the outcome would have been the same. I would have waited to start pounding my chest until after the semifinal games this Friday. There is one thing this board is pretty sure about. HoCo ain’t MoCo. Good luck to Urbana.

The four best public schools: Westminster, Wise, River Hill and Middletown.

It's good that we'll probably get to see Westminster and Wise settle it on the field but if River Hill dominates the next two games they have a case for being the best. You can't count out Middletown either when you look at what they've done the past 2 seasons. Too bad the 4 state champs can't play in a final four but I'm sure you get this argument all over the country.

As far as areas go over the last few years Frederick Co is up and MoCo is down. River Hill can make a case for HoCo against Urbana and Meade for AACo against PG Co giant Wise.