Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LarryN

Reed suspension lifted

15 posts in this topic

That's a surprise. I didn't even know he had appealed yet.

It takes 3 days after the incident to file a appeal. Goodell did this with the kindness of his heart.

It takes 3 days after the incident to file a appeal. Goodell did this with the kindness of his heart.

....being the holiday season and all that.......

either that, or they realized how dumb they were

....being the holiday season and all that.......

either that, or they realized how dumb they were

I tend to believe this too. Sometimes dumb finally sinks in.

I tend to believe this too. Sometimes dumb finally sinks in.
In a letter to Reed, Cottrell said, “I have determined that your actions were egregious and warrant significant discipline. However, I do not believe that your actions were so egregious as to subject you to a one-game suspension without pay.

In a letter to Reed, Cottrell said, “I have determined that your actions were egregious and warrant significant discipline. However, I do not believe that your actions were so egregious as to subject you to a one-game suspension without pay.

NY Times best-seller: "Fifty Shades of Egregious"

NY Times best-seller: "Fifty Shades of Egregious"
Isn't that like being "a little bit pregnant"?

;)

Paul Simon's latest hit: "50 ways to be egregious".

A savings of $370,000.

Good news. Goodell was pretty much getting blasted about this.

As well he should have.

Also I always seem to tune into 105.7 when that clown who likes that Jets calls. Seriously do some people just like to say things in order to hear themself talk? He was going on about how Ed is a dirty player. SMH

BTW I do know the name the guy goes by, I just refuse to say it or post it.

It was not up to Goodell (in theory at least). There is a former D coach named Ted Cottrell who is approved by NFL and NFLPA to rule on appeals.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-ed-reed-has-onegame-ban-lifted-by-nfl-20121120,0,4235623.story

I still think, based on how I saw the play and my opinion of this whole concept of automatically calling penalties whenever helmets happen to touch, that $50K is too stiff a fine. There is still no way to know how to play defense.

Lets hope he's not gun shy over this crap. 50K is the same fine this pos got when he cheap shotted Heap, OBVIOUSLY intentional. :mad: Are they deserving of the same? It's 15 seconds, watch it.

Oh yeah, he's now with the lowly Landovers and he's hurt. Not bad enough though.

It was not up to Goodell (in theory at least). There is a former D coach named Ted Cottrell who is approved by NFL and NFLPA to rule on appeals.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-ed-reed-has-onegame-ban-lifted-by-nfl-20121120,0,4235623.story

I still think, based on how I saw the play and my opinion of this whole concept of automatically calling penalties whenever helmets happen to touch, that $50K is too stiff a fine. There is still no way to know how to play defense.

The Goodell ref. was a joke.