Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GREYHOUND ALUM

Turkey Bowl Predictions, Who Wins And Why?

Who Wins?   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Loyola
    • Calvert Hall

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

Now that the MIAA Champiinship is over, it's time for the annual exhibition game called The Turkey Bowl(just playing!). It's been mighty quiet around here leading up to the game. I think it's because CHC is still stunned from that butt whipping they received last weekend and there are basically no more Loyola fans left.

I think this years game could very well be interesting. If Clise from Loyola is healthy, I give them a chance to shock the world. One has to wonder where the mind set of CHC's team is right now.

Do not be concerned about the mindset of the Cardinals. This is a renewal of a game that has been played for somewhere around 93 times and this is the biggest game of the year for both Loyola and Calvert Hall. To the players of both schools this is their yearly SUPERBOWL so their mindsets are skyhigh.

Do not be concerned about the mindset of the Cardinals. This is a renewal of a game that has been played for somewhere around 93 times and this is the biggest game of the year for both Loyola and Calvert Hall. To the players of both schools this is their yearly SUPERBOWL so their mindsets are skyhigh.

I think CHC's Super Bowl is Gilman and last week's Championship Game.

I think CHC's Super Bowl is Gilman and last week's Championship Game.

There is no Super Bowl. This is only high school football. There isn't even a national championship game. Only league and state championships.

And hallowed arch-rivalvry games.

The MIAA A championship game is very,very young. [Only two games so far]. Despite any SUPER HYPE, it does not yet have the "impact" equal to that of many of the older rivalries.

Calvert Hall should win the 2012 version. They (CHC) are currently on the positive swing of the pendulum.

Will CHC, in this current swing, match the Decade of Don-minence of the 1990s ?

All in all, it's remains quite a thrill for ALL the players to play on the same field as their hometown pro team, especially those playing in their last game of organized ball.

I predict CHC by the "Gilman spread" 28 -7 :P

There is no Super Bowl. This is only high school football. There isn't even a national championship game. Only league and state championships.

And hallowed arch-rivalvry games.

The MIAA A championship game is very,very young. [Only two games so far]. Despite any SUPER HYPE, it does not yet have the "impact" equal to that of many of the older rivalries.

Calvert Hall should win the 2012 version. They (CHC) are currently on the positive swing of the pendulum.

Will CHC, in this current swing, match the Decade of Don-minence of the 1990s ?

All in all, it's remains quite a thrill for ALL the players to play on the same field as their hometown pro team, especially those playing in their last game of organized ball.

I predict CHC by the "Gilman spread" 28 -7 :P

I never said it was the Super Bowl, I said CHC's Super Bowl is Gilman and that's true.

Every game is a thrill for the players and the Turkey Bowl is a great rivalry.

And yes, I see CHC to continue their dominance. But "the Gilman Spread" as you say is 35-7, not 28-7! Almost running clock and if Locksley TD wasn't called back it would have been!

I never said it was the Super Bowl, I said CHC's Super Bowl is Gilman and that's true.

Every game is a thrill for the players and the Turkey Bowl is a great rivalry.

And yes, I see CHC to continue their dominance. But "the Gilman Spread" as you say is 35-7, not 28-7! Almost running clock and if Locksley TD wasn't called back it would have been!

I'm used to your semantic manipulations and "I never said it was the Super Bowl, I said CHC's Super Bowl is Gilman "is just another lame example.

Yes, you are the master of SUPERHYPE; you are the one most obsessed with the mytholgical national champs.

Sure, every game is a thrill for the players, but some games mean much more (as noted the championships and rivalries). For many, the wins in the rivalries do mean more than the league championships. Years down the road, many will take more pride in the record vs. the rival than anything else.

And playing at M&T adds 'something extra' for the players; again, especially those saying goodbye to organized ball.

My reference to a "Gilman spread" was a mockery of yes, your, repeated proclamations of "Gilman by 3 TDs, Gilman by 21" for so many games (and hypothetical match ups) you've posted. [sorry, some of 'us' are indeed not laughing with you; but AT you].

I'm used to your semantic manipulations and "I never said it was the Super Bowl, I said CHC's Super Bowl is Gilman "is just another lame example.

Yes, you are the master of SUPERHYPE; you are the one most obsessed with the mytholgical national champs.

Sure, every game is a thrill for the players, but some games mean much more (as noted the championships and rivalries). For many, the wins in the rivalries do mean more than the league championships. Years down the road, many will take more pride in the record vs. the rival than anything else.

And playing at M&T adds 'something extra' for the players; again, especially those saying goodbye to organized ball.

My reference to a "Gilman spread" was a mockery of yes, your, repeated proclamations of "Gilman by 3 TDs, Gilman by 21" for so many games (and hypothetical match ups) you've posted. [sorry, some of 'us' are indeed not laughing with you; but AT you].

I'm very glad that you're laughing AT me! It must really hurt when I'm always RIGHT! It's called insanity, I can definitely recommend someone for you to see. But keep holding the flag, maybe ONE DAY CHC you will beat Gilman again. It was a decade before it happen two years ago, it might not be that long next time.

I'm very glad that you're laughing AT me! It must really hurt when I'm always RIGHT! It's called insanity, I can definitely recommend someone for you to see. But keep holding the flag, maybe ONE DAY CHC you will beat Gilman again. It was a decade before it happen two years ago, it might not be that long next time.

Ahhh, " when I'm always RIGHT! " More fodder for 'our' amusement. It is called insanity. :P

And now the MOUTHY FOOL, continues his entertainment. The topic of this thread is Turkey Bowl predictions. There ain't even the tiniest bit of Gilman involved !

Gilman's season is over. All the Gilman guys can do is watch.

Happy Thanksgiving, turkey.

Darn I like the way you guys fight with your privates. Or is it I like the way you guys fight about your privates. Well whatever, I just love it.

Just sayin'

Darn I like the way you guys fight with your privates. Or is it I like the way you guys fight about your privates. Well whatever, I just love it.

Just sayin'

Fight :rwb: ? This is just a comedy routine. Class clown, and all that. Stick around, maybe you can show us how to go DOWN FIRST.

Ahhh, " when I'm always RIGHT! " More fodder for 'our' amusement. It is called insanity. :P

And now the MOUTHY FOOL, continues his entertainment. The topic of this thread is Turkey Bowl predictions. There ain't even the tiniest bit of Gilman involved !

Gilman's season is over. All the Gilman guys can do is watch.

Happy Thanksgiving, turkey.

Calvert Hall's season is over as well! This is an exhibition game, counts for nothing! And Loyola right now is looking like the better team.

Calvert Hall's season is over as well! This is an exhibition game, counts for nothing! And Loyola right now is looking like the better team.

Exhibition game ? Hahaha.

Haven't you been reading the posts. This is an arch-rivalry game. You know, hallowed tradition. At M&T. WHy do you call it an exhibition ?

Oh that's right, ALL YOU CAN DO IS WATCH :D

Fight :rwb: ? This is just a comedy routine. Class clown, and all that. Stick around, maybe you can show us how to go DOWN FIRST.

Well since you've expressed such a spirited interest in the matter and want a firsthand demo and all, I just may introduce you to the one person who I'm so sure would be perfect for you. Have you met bigcountry yet?

:eek:

Exhibition game ? Hahaha.

Haven't you been reading the posts. This is an arch-rivalry game. You know, hallowed tradition. At M&T. WHy do you call it an exhibition ?

Oh that's right, ALL YOU CAN DO IS WATCH :D

Yes pretty much an exhibition game. An ugly one at that.

Always would be for any non-participant :rolleyes:

And now the season is over for these guys too. But the rivalry aint ! It never ends.

Bring on the state championships. Ya gonna WATCH them too. :rwb:

Well since you've expressed such a spirited interest in the matter and want a firsthand demo and all, I just may introduce you to the one person who I'm so sure would be perfect for you. Have you met bigcountry yet?

:eek:

I'm salivating ! Why do they call him BIG country ? ;) Do you have FIRST hand knowledge ?

Have to agree...I appreciate the rivalry and tradition but all-in-all two VERY AVERAGE teams who are playing a game that doesn't matter to anyone other than the two schools. After watching this I'm convinced Westminster would roll either of these teams....

Have to agree...I appreciate the rivalry and tradition but all-in-all two VERY AVERAGE teams who are playing a game that doesn't matter to anyone other than the two schools. After watching this I'm convinced Westminster would roll either of these teams....

Never saw Wearminstet play but wouldn't surprise me that they would beat both of them.

. . . playing a game that doesn't matter to anyone other than the two schools.. .

That's pretty much true for any game, though it should be noted the thread was started by one who is clearly not in the community of either school ! :P

That's pretty much true for any game, though it should be noted the thread was started by one who is clearly not in the community of either school ! :P

I have nothing but love for CHC! In fact, I watch the games on the CHC side not even the Gilman side. I have nothing But love for CHC. My issue is with people that act like they don't no the deal! Gilman was and is MILES better than that team.

Have to agree...I want-eciate the rivalry and tradition but all-in-all two VERY AVERAGE teams who are playing a game that doesn't matter to anyone other than the two schools. After watching this I'm convinced Westminster would roll either of these teams....

It would be nice if Westminster and other want-to-be power house would schedule Gilman, CHC, Good Council, and other legit power teams. I wonder what the outcome would be......

It would be nice if Westminster and other want-to-be power house would schedule Gilman, CHC, Good Council, and other legit power teams. I wonder what the outcome would be......

Gilman and Good Council are clearly the two state power houses but I believe Westminster, River Hill and Wise would be a handful for any of the other private schools in the state. Westminster's passing game is the real deal and it would be real interesting to see them matched up against Gilman or GC. My guess is that they would lose in a shootout but it would be fun to watch.

Two quick thoughts:

1) Why didn't Coach Hall have two safeties deep with 1 minute left and CHC looking at 70 plus yards to score with less than 2 minutes left. Talk about a monumental coaching mistake.

2) Westminster couldn't stay on the field with any of the top three MIAA A Conference teams. Don't kid yourself folks, there's that much of a difference speed wise.

Two quick thoughts:

1) Why didn't Coach Hall have two safeties deep with 1 minute left and CHC looking at 70 plus yards to score with less than 2 minutes left. Talk about a monumental coaching mistake.

2) Westminster couldn't stay on the field with any of the top three MIAA A Conference teams. Don't kid yourself folks, there's that much of a difference speed wise.

I was thinking the same thing! Why would you have man to man defense with a minute left. Was definitely a major mistake. Loyola did everything it could to lose that game. 4 turnovers and still only lose by a TD!

As far as Westminster goes, it's easy to put up crazy passing yards when you're playing against small slow defensive linemen. That wouldn't happen against Gilman. I think the way McDonogh played at the end of the season, they also would beat Westminster. CHC I think would win as well but I think it would be a very close game.

I was thinking the same thing! Why would you have man to man defense with a minute left. Was definitely a major mistake. Loyola did everything it could to lose that game. 4 turnovers and still only lose by a TD!

As far as Westminster goes, it's easy to put up crazy passing yards when you're playing against small slow defensive linemen. That wouldn't happen against Gilman. I think the way McDonogh played at the end of the season, they also would beat Westminster. CHC I think would win as well but I think it would be a very close game.

We will see who has the power now. The want-to-be power houses will have to come off their little islands in the play-offs. What them fall by the way side. Most will not even qualify as legitimate upsets. Most could not beat Mt. St. Joe and McD, the weakest teams kin the MAIA. Until we go back to something like the old MSA rankings are a real joke.