Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BJC

State finals thread

6 posts in this topic

One week left to discuss football during the season...PLEASE, no private school talk or comparisons...lets give the public school kids a little shine!!!

We will know the matchups in a few hours....congratulations to the friday night winners...Douglass (shout out to Mikel #22), New Town (shout out to Ryan and Bryan Marine #1 and #18), Quince Orchard, Middletown...

1. Fred Co.

1. HoCo

1. MoCo

1. Balt. Co.

1. Calvert Co.

1. Balt. City

2. PG

Thats a pretty good sampling.

It's a shame that Dunbar and New Town are the only "TRUE" Baltimore Metro (River Hill is in Columbia) schools to make it to the finals, and have to play one another.

As a Fan of Baltimore Metro Football, These two programs have done exceptional jobs. Dunbar as the Traditional Power and New Town attempting to take over the reins as the Poets move to 2A next season.

Milford Mill had an outstanding season as well as Franklin, Edmonson, and Hereford. But until the schools in the area get serious in terms of Resources and commitments to Better Coaching , Baltimore will continue to be a Basketball City. All of the teams from Western Counties can you really match the Baltimore Metro Area or PG County in terms of College Level Athletic Recruits? Baltimore City /County and PG County have 4 of the 8 finalist.

Can't wait to see the Games this weekend.

All of the teams from Western Counties can you really match the Baltimore Metro Area or PG County in terms of College Level Athletic Recruits? Baltimore City /County and PG County have 4 of the 8 finalist.

Can't wait to see the Games this weekend.

???What??? Who cares? Once again, having a good football team has nothing to do with recruits.. And I hate to point out the obvious to you, but the area's with the most kids will have the most recruits, that is common sense.

The real question, is why can't the Baltimore schools make a showing in the state championship other than in 1A?

???What??? Who cares? Once again, having a good football team has nothing to do with recruits.. And I hate to point out the obvious to you, but the area's with the most kids will have the most recruits, that is common sense.

The real question, is why can't the Baltimore schools make a showing in the state championship other than in 1A?[/QUOTE]

maybe because most of the baltimore schools are 1a. there may be 3 or 4 baltimore schools in the upper classifications but most baltimore city schools are small 1a schools and i'm not sure if all even have football teams and certainly not competitive. i saw digital harbor who must have had only 20 kids, the minimum players for a team i think taking on edmondson.