Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tigercruise

Listen up Harbaugh.

34 posts in this topic

Time to do what's best for the team. Schmuck is giving you a way out. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The defense has improved markedly since Ray has been sitting out. Ray Lewis has more influence on the defense "coaching" on the sidelines. At this point of his career, that's where he serves best. Leave it that way.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-schmuck-ravens-1127-20121126,0,3788368.column?track=rss

Amazing!

Fans like you act like all of the implications of Ray returning early have not occurred to this staff of professional and experienced NFL coaches nor to the front office.

Peter Schmuck notwithstanding, I suggest we let the coaching staff and that 16 year veteran determine the right move to make.

Amazing!

Fans like you act like all of the implications of Ray returning early have not occurred to this staff of professional and experienced NFL coaches nor to the front office.

Peter Schmuck notwithstanding, I suggest we let the coaching staff and that 16 year veteran determine the right move to make.

Yeah you're right. John Harbaugh and co. have a history of never making the wrong decision so we should definitely just accept every word he says without questioning it:rolleyes:

Yeah you're right. John Harbaugh and co. have a history of never making the wrong decision so we should definitely just accept every word he says without questioning it:rolleyes:
Word.

First off, let me say that Ray Lewis is the greatest Raven who ever lived and arguably the GOAT. Secondly, I would hope to find a little more respect on this board for our General than what I am seeing. Schmuck wasn't saying to leave Ray out, he was saying they shouldn't rush him back. Ray Lewis is still a solid player and having him back on the field will be huge for the past few games of the regular season and the playoffs.

I love Ray Lewis and he has been proving the doubters wrong his whole career. Last year people said he couldn't play passing downs, so he lost weight and actually had some really nice plays before going down. You can tell from what the players say that he means a ton to this team and his leadership is even stronger on the field and in practice.

First off, let me say that Ray Lewis is the greatest Raven who ever lived and arguably the GOAT. Secondly, I would hope to find a little more respect on this board for our General than what I am seeing. Schmuck wasn't saying to leave Ray out, he was saying they shouldn't rush him back. Ray Lewis is still a solid player and having him back on the field will be huge for the past few games of the regular season and the playoffs.

I love Ray Lewis and he has been proving the doubters wrong his whole career. Last year people said he couldn't play passing downs, so he lost weight and actually had some really nice plays before going down. You can tell from what the players say that he means a ton to this team and his leadership is even stronger on the field and in practice.

I'm the biggest Ray Lewis fan you'll ever find but his play in the first 6 games of was horrific and it's time for him to hang up the cleats. You're definitely right about him being the greatest of all time but he's pushing 40 and it's time for him to hang it up now and not become a shell of himself and embarrass his legacy. No disrespect it's just the truth

As I said on another thread, IMO what has made this defense better is Coach Pees figuring out what his athletes' strengths and weaknesses are and putting them in position to succeed. It has taken time, but it sure seems to be coming together. I hope what they do is find a role for Ray to play effectively within that strategy, but not assume he's going to step back into his role (of years gone by) as the every-down best player on the field. He just isn't that guy now.

To be honest, what particular skill he offers at this point, I do not know; I assume his coaches do. As far as calling the plays, anybody with a radio in his hat can do that, and McLain seems to be doing fine at it. I don't think Ray intimidates anyone anymore like he used to. I just hate to think of setting the development of the defense back six weeks just for old times' sake.

John has forgotten more and accomplished more than all of u guys combined.

Plus he is a Believer empowered to have success and victory in all he does.

So yeah the expert knows more than you.

John has forgotten more and accomplished more than all of u guys combined.

Plus he is a Believer empowered to have success and victory in all he does.

So yeah the expert knows more than you.

Shhhhhh... most of these guys actually believes that John reads these posts! :D

Amazing!

These posters are just jealous. The Experts are doing what they wish they could do.

You are right. Let the coaches coach, the GM make the decisions and the fans cheer and play Madden.

Shhhhhh... most of these guys actually believes that John reads these posts! :D

That's right. Where's 'Total Recall when you need it? Arnold's Total Recall not the inferior remake from this past summer.

The story is if the player on the field is not as good as the one on the sideline, the player on the sideline was injured, now ask yourself is Elerby better than Ray at this time. If you think yes than start Elerby but really Ray at 80% is still better than 90% of LB's today. Case closed

The story is if the player on the field is not as good as the one on the sideline, the player on the sideline was injured, now ask yourself is Elerby better than Ray at this time. If you think yes than start Elerby but really Ray at 80% is still better than 90% of LB's today. Case closed

This is the absolutely most stupid thread I have ever seen posted by a Ravens fan since reading this forum in the year 2000. It is embarassing to read the utter stupidity of it.:rolleyes::eek:

This is the absolutely most stupid thread I have ever seen posted by a Ravens fan since reading this forum in the year 2000. It is embarassing to read the utter stupidity of it.:rolleyes::eek:
Really? The most stupid thread since 2000? Wow. That's really saying something right there, it is. :eek:

(Oh, and btw...not that I'm into grammar smack or anything, but "embarrassing" has two r's, not one. It's just that it's always kinda funny when someone rants and raves about stupidity, and then it turns out they can't even spell, especially when the misspelled words are underlined in red as a sort of heads up/cue, if you know what I mean. Just sayin...) ;)

(Oh, and btw...not that I'm into grammar smack or anything, but "embarrassing" has two r's, not one. It's just that it's always kinda funny when someone rants and raves about stupidity, and then it turns out they can't even spell, especially when the misspelled words are underlined in red as a sort of heads up/cue, if you know what I mean. Just sayin...) ;)

I was going to mention that but I didn't want to embarrass him.

Really? The most stupid thread since 2000? Wow. That's really saying something right there, it is. :eek:

Thanks for running spell check for me but I was so PO'd reading this thread I could have cared less about details like that. Then the guy who starts this imbecilic thread tells me not to read it then. Wow, such profound advice. He is correct though, as I wish I hadn't read it.

Thanks for running spell check for me but I was so PO'd reading this thread I could have cared less about details like that. Then the guy who starts this imbecilic thread tells me not to read it then. Wow, such profound advice. He is correct though, as I wish I hadn't read it.
Maybe it's different on your computer, but on mine, spell check runs itself. I don't have to do anything special. As soon as a word gets misspelled, a red squiggly line shows up underneath, to let me know the word is misspelled. I don't know what I'd do without spell check.

Maybe it's different on your computer, but on mine, spell check runs itself. I don't have to do anything special. As soon as a word gets misspelled, a red squiggly line shows up underneath, to let me know the word is misspelled. I don't know what I'd do without spell check.

Nah, mine isn't set up that way as to me that is much too annoying. Now if I was writing something professional or for work I always run it then.

Nah, mine isn't set up that way as to me that is much too annoying. Now if I was writing something professional or for work I always run it then.
Oh, okay. I don't remember ever setting it any particular way, so I figured it was the same on everybody's computer. I figured the forum itself did it automatically for everybody.