Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benefactor

2012-2013 Girl's Basketball

133 posts in this topic

Anyone still posting/reading this forum? Hope so, I know it stinks to have to pay to access the online content more than a few times. Are there any other boards that focus on DMV Girl's Basketball now that Hoopgurlz is shut-down?

Who are the unknown players to watch in city/ and surrounding counties?

Can anybody beat Digital Harbor with their 3 D-1 players?

Anyone still posting/reading this forum? Hope so, I know it stinks to have to pay to access the online content more than a few times. Are there any other boards that focus on DMV Girl's Basketball now that Hoopgurlz is shut-down?

Right now 695hoops is where the conversation is taking hold.

They are expanding to include the 495 region....but right now there is a lot of information on the 695 region.

I am trying to hold down a narrative on AA County but will expand if there is an interest.

check it out at http://www.695hoops.com

As long as Frederick douglas is still coaching them they are in trouble! Watched a few of the games last year and poor coaching lost alot of those games. He has talented girls but he never made adjustments at half times of games. He has to step his game up or they are nothing but a talented roster!!!

As long as Frederick douglas is still coaching them they are in trouble! Watched a few of the games last year and poor coaching lost alot of those games. He has talented girls but he never made adjustments at half times of games. He has to step his game up or they are nothing but a talented roster!!!

Yeah, a real young City team beat them last year. Never went hard at Dyzhanay "Da Da" Burton and she ended up putting 27 up on them.

Where's the SUN preview? The season starts tomorrow in the city.

I went to the Beast of the East yesterday and I have to say, that is a very well run event. It is sad that more Baltimore City team don't play in this event. An event that draws that many colleges and only has Digital Harbor is a shame. These high school coaches talk about helping their kids and how? An event in their city, that cost less then an AAU event with hundreds of college coaches.

Now my top 5 teams are as such:

1. McDonogh- Very tough and has a good schedule

2. Spalding- Want to see if they improve their guards

3. Aberdeen- Would have been #1, but I saw their original schedule and they ducked out on playing Nationally ranked St. John's D.C. to play a Baltimore City team.

4. Digital Harbor- great combo of guards/ post. They should only beat themselves.

5. Roland Park.

IAAM top are:

Mcdonogh, Spalding, Roland Park. But SFA/Palloti are really good. SFA is on my watchlist to become #1 again.

Baltimore City: Poly, Digital. I have Digital because of strength of schedule. They did not duck anyone. Poly is only playing a tough game today against Woodson because Wade made them. City may compete because they have Burton, Dunbar always catches someone sleeping but they are not good, and Western is 4 or 5 in the fab 5. Sad day when Western is not considered a good team. I thought Lee was bringing it back. She brought in no recruits and is living off of her years with Ledbetter. She has turned that proud basketball farm into dried up land.

Aberdeen should beat Mcdonogh with their size and athleticism but their Aberdeens coach is horrible. The assistant should be the head coach. If Mcdonogh beats them by alot, she got out coached. Aberdeen is bigger fast and stronger then any team in this area. They should have put together a national schedule.

Tyshell King is a beast and my early pick for POY. She had almost 30 in the 1st half. Milford Mill has talent in their guard positions, but the Coach needs to figure out what she is going to do with it. They look clueless and foul alot. IAAM schools start 1 week before MPSSAA schools. I never saw them get into a set.

Digital is Baltimore City good and should win the State, they do not have the guards to compete with the big dogs in the country. Harrison may finish with POY votes as well.

Roland Park is good but young. A 14 pt lead blown with 10 underclassmen is nothing but experience. They are going to be good for along time.

Poly lost to H.D. Woodson which should be their only lost in this season, the rest of the schedule should be a breeze.

I agree that Digital will be good, but the road to the states will run through Aberdeen for them. That's a good region with Millford, Aberdeen, City, and Digital. Haven't seen Poly yet, but they played great defense all last year. That will be their real strength this year. They lost their main scorers, so someone will have to step up and score consistently.. I'm biased, and i admit it, but I really think City College will fly under the radar this year. They beat Digital last year, and hung with POly twice losing by three in the City championship. Seen them a few times so far, and they are much better with their returning big girl playing better and the 2 transfers. They'll play Poly in the last game of the season on February 15 at POLY.

Should be a good season. I hope people will post the scores and stats and what they're seeing at the games.

BmoreInLife, not sure where you got your info Aberdeen didn't duck any bump, they are in the Title IX tourney in a couple weeks and wouldn't have been able to finish a national tournament because they would have been over their allowed games. The best players wanted to play St Johns because they knew the best players on that team,and they wanted to drop a weaker non-conference game but the AD made a decision to drop the St Johns game instead. Aberdeen has the toughest schedule of any public in my opinon this season. Mcdonogh, Elizabeth Seton, Hoover (AL), Riverdale Baptist, Digital, Poly, Milford, Dunbar, possible South Medford (OR) in title IX and possible Good Council as they are in the National Platinum Bracket as well. However they make out they will be ready come March after playing that schedule.

BmoreInLife, not sure where you got your info Aberdeen didn't duck any bump, they are in the Title IX tourney in a couple weeks and wouldn't have been able to finish a national tournament because they would have been over their allowed games. The best players wanted to play St Johns because they knew the best players on that team,and they wanted to drop a weaker non-conference game but the AD made a decision to drop the St Johns game instead. Aberdeen has the toughest schedule of any public in my opinon this season. Mcdonogh, Elizabeth Seton, Hoover (AL), Riverdale Baptist, Digital, Poly, Milford, Dunbar, possible South Medford (OR) in title IX and possible Good Council as they are in the National Platinum Bracket as well. However they make out they will be ready come March after playing that schedule.

Hey I am just calling it like I see it. I would have dropped Milford instead of the St. John's game. Aberdeen has the opportunity to be nationally ranked. They have a very good squad and with all those writers and coaches there, You never drop a Saturday Game at that event. They should beat Mcdonogh but we will see. I agree they do have a tough schedule and should do fine in December.

Poly should win the City Championship, but Agreed all roads lead through Aberdeen to get to the RAC. Poly lost Woodson by 20.

I really like the IAAM this season. Alot of parody. Look for Mcdonogh/Spalding/SFA/Roland Park. I also got to see Keough. Aaliyah "Stix" Wilson is trying to sneak in for POY. So far Bri Jones, Tyshell King, Camille Calhoun and Stix Wilson are emerging.

This weekend are the Tina Thompson Classic and the Festival of the Phoenix. The 695 Hoop classic is a steal in my opinion.

Anyone know if new Town maintained thier squad from last season? They should be returning 9 of 12 players ona team that lost a highly contested North regional championship

I am not going to that. Tina Thompson and John Carroll have better opponents and must see games.

New Town is in it, but without Tucker, that match-up w/ Riverdale is going to be a mess. The next time we Tucker, is going to be in burn't orange and white.

What do you all think about playing bball 12 months a year?

I am not going to that. Tina Thompson and John Carroll have better opponents and must see games.

New Town is in it, but without Tucker, that match-up w/ Riverdale is going to be a mess. The next time we Tucker, is going to be in burn't orange and white.

What do you all think about playing bball 12 months a year?

Do you have a schedule for all the teams playing at John Carroll?

Friday, december 14th

3:00pm maths vs john carroll

5:00pm coppin academy vs the calverton school

7:00pm aberdeen vs mcdonogh

saturday, december 15th

11:00am milford mill vs notre dame prep

1:00pm north point vs seton keough

3:00pm maths vs severn

Friday December 14, 2012

City vs. Friendship Academy

Poly vs. Institute of Notre Dame

Western vs. Riverdale Baptist

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Mervo vs. Institute of Notre Dame

Western vs. Patterson Mill

Dunbar vs. Friendship Academy

City vs. Fallston

New Town vs. Riverdale Baptist

5pm Western Gym

6pm Poly Gym

6:30 Western Gym

4pm Poly Gym

4:30 Western Gym

5:30 Poly Gym

6pm Western Gym

7pm Poly Gym

9:00 AM Archbishop Carroll (DC) vs. Georgetown Day (DC)

10:40 AM George Mason (VA) vs. Georgetown Visitation (DC)

12:20 PM Forest Park (VA) vs. Gwynn Park (MD)

2:00 PM Neumann-Goretti (PA) vs. Damascus (MD)

3:40 PM Malcolm X Shabazz (NJ) vs. Good Counsel (MD)

5:20 PM South Shore (NY) vs. Archbishop Spalding (MD)

7:00 PM Ursuline Academy (DE) vs. Paul VI (VA)

8:40 PM Stonewall Jackson (VA) vs. Bishop McNamara (MD)

No. School Record Prev.

1. Aberdeen 1-0 1

2. McDonogh 3-1 2

3. Archbishop Spalding 4-0 3

4. Poly 1-1 4

5. Seton Keough 2-2 12

6. St. Frances 3-1 13

7. Digital Harbor 1-1 7

8. River Hill 1-0 8

9. Milford Mill 0-2 6

10. St. Vincent Pallotti 2-2 5

11. City 2-0 10