Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orioles1966

Babin??

11 posts in this topic

From

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/eagles-release-jason-babin-vinny-curry-starts-rise-205658563--nfl.html

"Because the trade deadline has passed, all NFL players, including vested veterans (players with four or more accrued seasons), are subject to the waivers process. Babin is earning $5.575 million in fully guaranteed base salary and whoever claims Babin's contract off waivers will be responsible for the $1,639,706 that remains on his 2012 salary. That team will also take on the three years and $16.65 million in non-guaranteed base salary that remains on Babin's current contract, which also contains $2.025 million in base salary escalators."

Is that possible for the Ravens.

we are 30th on the 32 team waiver wire in the selection order .......

the good news is the the top 20 teams probably wouldn't spend that kind of money to pick him up this year with no shot at the playoffs .....

any chance he clears waivers? what then? .......

we are 30th on the 32 team waiver wire in the selection order .......

the good news is the the top 20 teams probably wouldn't spend that kind of money to pick him up this year with no shot at the playoffs .....

any chance he clears waivers? what then? .......

They'd probably have to cut Williams or McKinne to make room under the cap. It's a gamble, but it might be one that if he becomes available to the Ravens could possibly pay off, especially heading into the playoffs. Last year he had 18 sacks; this year, not so much. Interesting development, to be sure.

Wouldn't be ironic if Babin does clear waivers down to the Ravens, but when the Ravens call the league office to pick him up, there is another "communication failure" in New York?!?

Raven's aren't going to claim him off of waivers. Wouldn't make any sense. The only two teams behind them are Houston and Atlanta, and neither figure to grab him off of waivers. They will wait until he clears and then decide. They would be crazy to pay that salary for a guy who has flat out quit on his coach. Besides, Harbaugh is good friends with Andy Reid and has probably already gotten the scoop on him.

Besides, Harbaugh is good friends with Andy Reid and has probably already gotten the scoop on him.

That's the first thing that ran through my mind when I heard he was released

They would be crazy to pay that salary for a guy who has flat out quit on his coach.

I heard that about him today and if that is true I would pass on the guy also.

So much for this "working out" for the guy. I'm sure he'd have rather gone to a winning team. Out of the fire and into the frying pan. (Yes I know that's backward, think about it).