Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eaglesinsider

Week 14 Predictions

15 posts in this topic

Only 4 games this week, but they're the 4 most important games of the season for MPSSAA Schools

Thursday: River Hill (13-0) vs. Huntingtown (12-1)- RH by 17

Friday: Wise (13-0) vs. Quince Orchard (12-1)- Wise by 13

Saturday:

Dunbar (12-1) vs. New Town (11-2)- Dunbar by 9

Middletown (13-0) vs. Douglass (Prince George's) (12-1)- Middletown by 30

Here is my final record from the regular season:

Week 1 (31-17) (.645)

Week 2 (38-14) (.730)

Week 3 (33-16) (.673)

Week 4 (39-9) (.847)

Week 5 (33-12) (.733)

Week 6 (34-9) (.791)

Week 7 (35-10) (.777)

Week 8 (41-6) (.872)

Week 9 (41-6) (.872)

Week 10 (30-11) (.731)

Total Regular Season: (355-110) (.763)

Here is my record through the playoffs so far:

Week 1 (29-13) (.690)

Week 2 (15-5) (.750)

Week 3 (4-4) (.500)

Overall Playoffs: (48-22) (.686)

I am surprised how quiet the board has been about the playoffs this week. I have seen RH once this year against Atholton in the playoffs. They looked very good, much more balanced than in previous years. I also left when it was 35-7 so i did not see the comeback to see what weakness Atholton may have exploited. Huntingtown beat them a few years ago in the playoffs, can they do it again? I have not seen them play so I am picking RH because I live in the county not because I have seen the 2 teams play and think one is superior to the other. Has anyone seen H-town this year? What kind of team are they? what are their strengths and how do they match up against RH?

Just looking for some dialogue about the 2 teams not an argument!

I am surprised how quiet the board has been about the playoffs this week. I have seen RH once this year against Atholton in the playoffs. They looked very good, much more balanced than in previous years. I also left when it was 35-7 so i did not see the comeback to see what weakness Atholton may have exploited. Huntingtown beat them a few years ago in the playoffs, can they do it again? I have not seen them play so I am picking RH because I live in the county not because I have seen the 2 teams play and think one is superior to the other. Has anyone seen H-town this year? What kind of team are they? what are their strengths and how do they match up against RH?

Just looking for some dialogue about the 2 teams not an argument!

RH lost to Huntingtown in the Quagmire Bowl in 2009. The footing will be better in the Big House.

RH lost to Huntingtown in the Quagmire Bowl in 2009. The footing will be better in the Big House.

Everyone who's been around the program these last couple of years still wants revenge. Never seen a game like that before. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong ending the Hawks 40 game win streak with the pigskin in the mud ruled a fumble rather than a spike. Hopefully it does not come down to that this time. I got a feeling it won't.

Does quagmire mean one team had better footing than the other when RH lost to Huntingtown? I think we all know that River Hill is simply a Mean Machine. They will NOT beat themselves and Huntingtown will have to do it with all cylinders in sync. But I understand that they have the horses to take out River Hill with their only blemish coming at the hands of Westlake.

I think this game will be the some entertaining.

Does quagmire mean one team had better footing than the other when RH lost to Huntingtown? I think we all know that River Hill is simply a Mean Machine. They will NOT beat themselves and Huntingtown will have to do it with all cylinders in sync. But I understand that they have the horses to take out River Hill with their only blemish coming at the hands of Westlake.

We like to call this game the Oil Can Amber Alert game. This is the game where a week later Mrs. Oil can put out an emergency Amber Alert broadcast on OC because he hadnt been seen. He was finally found on 108 walking naked with nothing on but a pair of throw back Campanero fan panties on. Unfortunately he had to spend 30 days in Sheppard Pratt because of this game.

We don't bring this game up any longer on this board for fear he might relapse. Can the poster above please delete his post on this game?

We like to call this game the Oil Can Amber Alert game. This is the game where a week later Mrs. Oil can put out an emergency Amber Alert broadcast on OC because he hadnt been seen. He was finally found on 108 walking naked with nothing on but a pair of throw back Campanero fan panties on. Unfortunately he had to spend 30 days in Sheppard Pratt because of this game.

We don't bring this game up any longer on this board for fear he might relapse. Can the poster above please delete his post on this game?

Delete Done. But if OC was discovered in public dazed and walking naked then I'd think BigSky was on the loose again. Nah nevermind, BigSky would not have even allowed OC to have on Camp panties albeit BS would have had OC thrown back, camp panties and all. Anyway, I deleted the reference to that quagmire.

No. Quagmire means swamp. Both teams played in it. The footing will be better @ M&T. Facts is facts. If you want to embellish on the facts have at it.

Hey man, you need to get your facts straight. I did walk naked with a stick up my a ss down Rt. 108 instead of watching RH lose to Atholton in 2010. I will admit that. Check w your crony Big Sky. He was riding shotgun in the Ford Maverick you were driving that swerved onto the shoulder in an attempt to end my life. Thank God I got my knee replaced when I did or my posting career would have ended @ #264. The panties are what the Huntingtown boosters accused the River Hill players of stealing out of the lockers in the makeshift away team locker room after the Quagmire Bowl. The Huntingtown boosters were great hosts especially when it came to the home cooking. They heaped it on our plates.

Hey man, you need to get your facts straight. I did walk naked with a stick up my a ss down Rt. 108 instead of watching RH lose to Atholton in 2010. I will admit that. Check w your crony Big Sky. He was riding shotgun in the Ford Maverick you were driving that swerved onto the shoulder in an attempt to end my life. Thank God I got my knee replaced when I did or my posting career would have ended @ #264. The panties are what the Huntingtown boosters accused the River Hill players of stealing out of the lockers in the makeshift away team locker room after the Quagmire Bowl. The Huntingtown boosters were great hosts especially when it came to the home cooking. They heaped it on our plates.

Oh I'm sorry, wrong game.

No. Quagmire means swamp. Both teams played in it. The footing will be better @ M&T. Facts is facts. If you want to embellish on the facts have at it.

quagmire, embellish...hell, I only know words up to four letters. I would embellish some facts for you if I knew what is a facts since that word is over four letters. Is that facts thing like when I sat my butt on that glass contraption and that light scanned it and we sent it to Coach Van Duesen from the Huntingtown admin office after that quagmire bowl? Was that a facts?

Just askin'

:)

Well I guess I made the mistake of not being specific enough about the dialogue topic!! I was hoping to find out more about H-towns team this year not from 2009 which was post Camp. I intentionally avoided bringing up the details of the last game because I did not want to send Oil into a funk but I guess he has learned to deal with it. If he had the panties you speak of I would not want to see them after 4 years of use. That was the only playoff game I think I missed that year of River Hills because of the long ride. I saw the article in the columbia flier today so I understand H has a solid running back.

Well I guess I made the mistake of not being specific enough about the dialogue topic!! I was hoping to find out more about H-towns team this year not from 2009 which was post Camp. I intentionally avoided bringing up the details of the last game because I did not want to send Oil into a funk but I guess he has learned to deal with it. If he had the panties you speak of I would not want to see them after 4 years of use. That was the only playoff game I think I missed that year of River Hills because of the long ride. I saw the article in the columbia flier today so I understand H has a solid running back.

H-town is not too bad. The first three quarters of the M-Mill game was a snoozer, but H-Town ran well and had a solid defense. Offense is nothing fancy...just ground and pound, but they have about 4 guys who run hard. They remind me of Urbana, but with a bigger supporting cast. QB is athletic.

On the flip side, M-Mill was not good. QB was athletic with a strong arm, and one RB got a couple decent runs. Other then that, they forced a few yawns from me. Defense was bad. Not impressed with BC football. Expected more.

3A should be a good game.