Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meth007

The Pride Fade to Black Edition...

27 posts in this topic

fi·na·le- The last part of a piece of music, a performance, or a public event, esp. when particularly dramatic or exciting.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Winston Churchill

Well 1A its been a real ride. We had some great memories you and I. We will always be grateful for you taking the Poets out of the dark ages of 99-03. We thank you for the memories... Thanks to the Joppatowne for giving us our first spark in 2004. Thanks to Ben Tate and Snow hill in 2005 for the oceans 11 with 20 seconds... magically disappearing at the goal line to lose in the semis...AHHH THE PAIN! That was the spark that we needed in the program...I was there, and Alco walked away with the prize. Thanks to Alco...it was a good ride big blue! Didn't mean to run anything up in 2007, we just wanted what was ours. Thanks to Catoctin, that showed us its not about talent, but its about DESIRE and the WILL to win. Thanks for that lesson and congrats on your victory again that night and your ring of 2007. Thanks to Perryville we thought that we would do it again this year. And last but not least...thanks for Fort Hill!The big red machine and fans. I will say that you guys kept it interesting and we would have loved to do it again this season. What a rivalry! The truth is, we never forgot about 97 and we will never forget about the finish on the goal line at Poly, and the games in the big dance! Thanks for the M&T memories from 2006 and especially in 2008 with the come back.... "no time left...Farr scores....OT Austin to the left...scores for 2"! Man the memories! 1A you helped to turn Dunbar from good to great and help us to become the winiest public in the state in our 10 year relationship. But like everything in life; it all has to end some day.... Now we have a bigger legacy to write

Sorry boys..

but all the money in the world couldn't bring me back 1A again

Lay down, lay down

Gonna stretch my 8 rings out in Sugar Cane on Madison Ave

All those new teams stop there

but a lot later than a whole gang of people thought

The last of the real hustlers, well

maybe not the last

Smith gonna be a good coach

New, IMPROVED Travis Blackston

I quit, I'm retirin....Ain't enough money in 1A, to keep me around

Sorry , we tried Honest..Can't go with me on this ride though

I'm callin the shots...The bar's closing...Where we going to for breakfast...sonny's old town?

PPO3

2A, WE WILL BE RELOADED!

Que up the theme music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRAlwc2KJwY

Dunbar vs New Towne....THE FINALE

message brought to you by http://www.thematheno.com

WHY DON'T DUNBAR KEEPS THERE KIDS STATS.. FOR EVERY GAME.. DO THE COACHES CARE?.. OR JUST THERE "STAR PLAYERS" JUST GET ALL THE SHINE!!! THEY DO HAVE A DEFENSE ALSO!!!..JUST ASKING BEING AS THOUGH YOU ALL ARE MOVING UP TO 2A!!! NEXT YEAR!! being AS THOUGH DUNBAR IS PREDOMINATELY AFRICAN AMERICAN ALL THE WAY UP TO THEIR COACHING STAFF. HOW COME THE OTHER COACHES FROM OTHER TEAMS KEEP STATS.. THAT'S NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN!! IT SEEMS AS THOUGH ITS A LITTLE FAVORITISM GOING ON HERE!! WHERE'S THE "STATS".. AND I MEAN FOR ANY TYPE OF STATS.. AND JUST BASIC STATS SUCH AS INT'S, TACKLES FOR LOST , SACKS, AND TACKLES PERIOD... RECEPTIONS YARDS AND TOUCHDOWNS ETC. ETC. BUT THEY KEEP THAT TYPE OF STUFF THOUGH WHEN A "TAVON AUSTIN" OR SUPER KID COMES THRU... SEEMS A LITTLE SHAKEY TO ME THAT'S ALL. AND TO ME THE ONLY REASON COLE MAN BLACKSTON ( DUNBAR'S R/B) IS IN THE STATS OR PAPER IS BECAUSE HE'S THE COACH TRAVIS 'S 1ST NEPHEW>> HOME GROWN ITS A FAMILY THING!! I GUESS.. CAUSE DUNBAR SAFETY SHOULD BE LEADING THE STATE IN INT'S BUT I GUESS HE'S NOT FAMILY!!!! TO GET ANY EXPOSURE!! OR A SUPER KID!!!

WHY DON'T DUNBAR KEEPS THERE KIDS STATS.. FOR EVERY GAME.. DO THE COACHES CARE?.. OR JUST THERE "STAR PLAYERS" JUST GET ALL THE SHINE!!! THEY DO HAVE A DEFENSE ALSO!!!..JUST ASKING BEING AS THOUGH YOU ALL ARE MOVING UP TO 2A!!! NEXT YEAR!! being AS THOUGH DUNBAR IS PREDOMINATELY AFRICAN AMERICAN ALL THE WAY UP TO THEIR COACHING STAFF. HOW COME THE OTHER COACHES FROM OTHER TEAMS KEEP STATS.. THAT'S NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN!! IT SEEMS AS THOUGH ITS A LITTLE FAVORITISM GOING ON HERE!! WHERE'S THE "STATS".. AND I MEAN FOR ANY TYPE OF STATS.. AND JUST BASIC STATS SUCH AS INT'S, TACKLES FOR LOST , SACKS, AND TACKLES PERIOD... RECEPTIONS YARDS AND TOUCHDOWNS ETC. ETC. BUT THEY KEEP THAT TYPE OF STUFF THOUGH WHEN A "TAVON AUSTIN" OR SUPER KID COMES THRU... SEEMS A LITTLE SHAKEY TO ME THAT'S ALL. AND TO ME THE ONLY REASON COLE MAN BLACKSTON ( DUNBAR'S R/B) IS IN THE STATS OR PAPER IS BECAUSE HE'S THE COACH TRAVIS 'S 1ST NEPHEW>> HOME GROWN ITS A FAMILY THING!! I GUESS.. CAUSE DUNBAR SAFETY SHOULD BE LEADING THE STATE IN INT'S BUT I GUESS HE'S NOT FAMILY!!!! TO GET ANY EXPOSURE!! OR A SUPER KID!!!

Parent ?? Did you pick up the phone or contact the Dunbar coaching staff to volunteer your time to keep stats..... Im positive Coach Carter keeps the defensive stats....

This is the most ridiculous, self centered post I've seen in a long time! If it makes you feel good, embellish, guess and put whatever stat line you want out there....at the end of the day its all about Team and the film.But honestly, to hell with stats!! The kids are going to the biggest game of their high school career and you on here talking about missing stats! Here's a stat line from the principal of Dunbar, "Maryland and winning their 11th straight State Semi-Final Championship Game. However, let us not only celebrate brawn but let me brag a bit about the brains within those helmets! After reviewing the first quarter report cards for the entire school, our average GPA has risen by 22% to 2.57. However, the football team's average GPA is at a 2.90. Congrats to Tabitha Edgehill, Teon Ransom, Keontay Gaines, Aaron Savage, and Maya Smith for having the top five GPA's on the Roster, each earning above a 3.60 GPA for the first quarter. We are also celebrating the return of another round of SAT Scores which have shown marked improvement as well". Now those "focus-up" are stats worth putting out there and hopefully your child, brother, newphew or cousin made a mention there where it most counts! Now again, I don't know what your schedule is, but how about you keep stats next year. Scouts are not into stats; they can see film....they can see your child's transcripts and they will interview all of the coaches about that kid's character.

Please don't come on here embarrassing the program, yourself or your kid like this nonsense..bringing negative attention to yourself. IF you truly cared you would not come on here trying to divide the program for your own selfish gain. You would simply play better or encourage better play to let it all get handled on the field.. just my thoughts.

ppo3!

Just saw some New Town film......

Stay tuned

Exhibit A

Last years QB....

Thats Shawheem Dowdy..redshirt freshman at Grambling...This years team does at bit more running...This year #1-5....some of the best skilled position players in the area

Well, I read the article...and they have spoken... sometimes silence is the best method

Everybody says we're going to lose. Why? Because it's Dunbar," said Gross, a star in New Town's stable of fleet runners. "Well, we made history this year, too. And we can beat them if we play Titan football."

"We can beat 'em," said Derrick Kittrell, New Town's top rusher (1,286 yards and 19 touchdowns). "I saw them play Brunswick. It was 16-8 at halftime before Dunbar sucked the life out of them, but I didn't see anything spectacular.

Our basketball team wants us to beat them real bad. They're some of our biggest supporters," Kittrell said. "I'm not going to do a lot of trash talking, but Dunbar better come and play hard. They better not sleep on us, because we're not laying down for [anybody]."

Que up the music..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO7jsgjOuAc

Well, thanks for shaking the hornets nest!

Jay Z said it best... "Silent pardon, I hear you loud and clear

You left your fingure print, you aint gotta be there

I'm just waitin 'till you dig a hole big enough to put your whole body in then i'm gon' body them. It's nothing but a hobby to him..Simple as serve and volley to him"

Exhibit B

Well, I read the article...and they have spoken... sometimes silence is the best method

Everybody says we're going to lose. Why? Because it's Dunbar," said Gross, a star in New Town's stable of fleet runners. "Well, we made history this year, too. And we can beat them if we play Titan football."

"We can beat 'em," said Derrick Kittrell, New Town's top rusher (1,286 yards and 19 touchdowns). "I saw them play Brunswick. It was 16-8 at halftime before Dunbar sucked the life out of them, but I didn't see anything spectacular.

Our basketball team wants us to beat them real bad. They're some of our biggest supporters," Kittrell said. "I'm not going to do a lot of trash talking, but Dunbar better come and play hard. They better not sleep on us, because we're not laying down for [anybody]."

Que up the music..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO7jsgjOuAc

Well, thanks for shaking the hornets nest!

Jay Z said it best... "Silent pardon, I hear you loud and clear

You left your fingure print, you aint gotta be there

I'm just waitin 'till you dig a hole big enough to put your whole body in then i'm gon' body them. It's nothing but a hobby to him..Simple as serve and volley to him"

Exhibit B

I saw those quotes as well! I like it! So they talked the talk, let's see if they can walk the walk. BJC has been telling us the last couple weeks of how legit they are, I haven't seen them play so I don't know. Can they shock the world? We will see tomorrow.

If they dont come out nervous, and play Titan football, they will win...talent wise,New Town has the better skilled position players..Dunbar has a huge advantage in the trenches...It will be a VERY difficult task for New Town...

we right here !!!!

In the words of Jay Z, "back to back double plat, i did what you want,

men lie women lie, numbers don’t,

ain’t nothing changed for me except the year it is,

i think have to send you a reminder,"

Congrats to my Poets....the 9th wonder feels good. New Town congrats on a good season. The boys felt disrespected and they played with a chip on their shoulder after all the news paper clips and radio interviews. 39-0...2A is going to be a different story. Next opponent Trinity on ESPN....stay tuned.

In the words of Jay Z, "back to back double plat, i did what you want,

men lie women lie, numbers don’t,

ain’t nothing changed for me except the year it is,

i think have to send you a reminder,"

Congrats to my Poets....the 9th wonder feels good. New Town congrats on a good season. The boys felt disrespected and they played with a chip on their shoulder after all the news paper clips and radio interviews. 39-0...2A is going to be a different story. Next opponent Trinity on ESPN....stay tuned.

Which Trinity?

Who will be the new Coach Meth? I am told there will be a coaching change...

Which Trinity?

Trinity Trojans from Euless, TX, Trinity Christian from Jacksonville, Florida or maybe Trinity Catholic from Ocala, Florida. Wow, a MD team not named Gilman playing a credible OOS opponent. Must make you jealous, huh?

I totally disagree with you concerning Coleman Blackston. He gets the stats and the carries because the kid is the truth. Period. If Travis weren't his uncle this kid would still be rolling. If you have been following the discussion on him, you would know he was being touted as the future of Dunbars running game since he was a freshmen. I followed this kids from his days at Hamilton and knew then he was going to be something special. It's just his time and remember he is a junior so Travis or not i predict he is really gonna show out next year. the recruiting war my the major colleges to garner his services is about to begin.

Trinity Trojans from Euless, TX, Trinity Christian from Jacksonville, Florida or maybe Trinity Catholic from Ocala, Florida. Wow, a MD team not named Gilman playing a credible OOS opponent. Must make you jealous, huh?

I 100% promise you that it won't be Trinity Euless. That would be ugly as hell.

You're definitely wrong, I want every team to play better comp. It will show te rest of the area just how tough it is out there. Better question is, will your boy Donald step up and actually schedule someone worth playing? They have lost 4 straight to Gilman and I'm hearing are taking a hit in recruiting because of this. Lets see if he tries and make his team tougher by playing some OOS powerhouses. CHC should be very very good next year at the skill positions but as we saw this year, they need serious help on the lines.

I 100% promise you that it won't be Trinity Euless. That would be ugly as hell.

You're definitely wrong, I want every team to play better comp. It will show te rest of the area just how tough it is out there. Better question is, will your boy Donald step up and actually schedule someone worth playing? They have lost 4 straight to Gilman and I'm hearing are taking a hit in recruiting because of this. Lets see if he tries and make his team tougher by playing some OOS powerhouses. CHC should be very very good next year at the skill positions but as we saw this year, they need serious help on the lines.

Don't worry about Donald Davis. I'd guess that CHC has something major in store for next season's OOS schedule. Well just have to wait it out and see.✋

Who will be the new Coach Meth? I am told there will be a coaching change...

At Morgan State & Dunbar? What are the odds? One team has no committment from their institution and the other is Baltimore City's Chosen One. Could Coach Smith be being groomed to be the Bears HC or an assistant. Interesting...

Whicherve trinity DUNBAR will get crushed. Remember they play 1A ball in Baltimore city

Don't worry about Donald Davis. I'd guess that CHC has something major in store for next season's OOS schedule. Well just have to wait it out and see.✋

If you're talking about playing Good Counsel next year, that's not major. We all know that's going to happen but GC isn't GC next year.

If you're talking about playing Good Counsel next year, that's not major. We all know that's going to happen but GC isn't GC next year.

I said OOS man! OLGC is in Olney, MD! Stop fiendin' about the Hall! It's unbecoming!

I said OOS man! OLGC is in Olney, MD! Stop fiendin' about the Hall! It's unbecoming!

I will believe it when I see it! Seriously doubt CHC will play anybody OOS

just saying that i think you all talks a good one but do you really care about the kids getting out of inner city without being a super kid or slash MAN CHILD!!! OR ITS JUST TO MUCH TO ASK FOR YOU ALL JUST TO PUT fr__ICKING STATS DOWN DAMN.. LIKE U SAID WOMEN LIE, MEN LIE, NUMBERS DON'T!!! JUST SAYING THOUGH.. BUT YOU ALL SEEMS TO TAKES ALL THE CREDIT FOR THE wins THOUGH!! BUT YOU SUPPOSEDLY LOVE dunbar so much!! JUST saying that being as though you all are moving up.. change things up!! its about the kids.. look out for everyone not just the elite! selfish guy

just saying that i think you all talks a good one but do you really care about the kids getting out of inner city without being a super kid or slash MAN CHILD!!! OR ITS JUST TO MUCH TO ASK FOR YOU ALL JUST TO PUT fr__ICKING STATS DOWN DAMN.. LIKE U SAID WOMEN LIE, MEN LIE, NUMBERS DON'T!!! JUST SAYING THOUGH.. BUT YOU ALL SEEMS TO TAKES ALL THE CREDIT FOR THE wins THOUGH!! BUT YOU SUPPOSEDLY LOVE dunbar so much!! JUST saying that being as though you all are moving up.. change things up!! its about the kids.. look out for everyone not just the elite! selfish guy

What you don't understand about having an "elite players" on your high school roster that brings the coaches, is a benefit for the entire team. Before i started spending money and traveling taking my son to camps, combines, and 7 on 7s, nationally, when he was just a frshman at Dunbar playing JV. There were coaches coming to see the Best player in the state at the time "Tavon Austin", my son had the privledge of meeting some of these coaches, not only my son, but a number of kids.

Saying that, I talk to D1 coaches everyday, and have been for the past 6 months, they could give a damn about stats, they want to see the player on the field. My son did not have the number of catches, touchdowns, or yards as some of your more "elite palyers" nationally playing his position, but what made him a sought after player was what they saw him do against players with better stats..I need not say anymore...

And 6'2" or so at about 210-215 at the wideout position didn't hurt either albeit that could be considered a stat.... :eek:

Just sayin'