Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob A.

Gilman vs River Hill

47 posts in this topic

After watching RH I will have to sadly side with Greyhound,Gilman by 40.

What people fail to realize is I watch a lot of high school football. I am a Gilman homer but I also try and call it like I see it. When Gilman was down, I said it. I didn't sugar coat it, I told it like it was. People get mad at Gilman(not saying you) and me in turn because of the school's success. Like I said before, River Hill wouldn't score on Gilman. They are slow, small and very predictable. River Hill wouldn't beat CHC. Calvert Hall would beat them pretty handily. As would the McDonogh team that played Gilman at the end of the year.

I was very unimpressed with River Hill. I think even QO or Wise would beat them soundly. No way they come close to beating the top privates.

I was very unimpressed with River Hill. I think even QO or Wise would beat them soundly. No way they come close to beating the top privates.

I agree, I think Wise and QO beats River Hill by 3 TD's.

First I want to say RH is the Back to Back 3a State Champions and noboby can take that away from them,with that being said GA I concur with you they were extremely small and slow,am I a little jealous yep, wish Franklin was there to get a chance at them. Good Season RH

I agree, I think Wise and QO beats River Hill by 3 TD's.

GA beating RH, no doubt. Never in real question. Not sure why this argument keeps coming up. Yes...Gilman is better than RH, enough said.

QO beaten by Seneca, who was beaten by Damascus, who was beaten by Urbana. RH beat up Urbana. Not sure about QO over RH. Don't underestimate how good Htown was. They beat a precious Millford Mill by forever, and I heard a lot on this post about how strong BC football was with all of the athletes on Franklin, and how the MM QB dominates the field. Htown made MM look completely amateur.

Wise over RH, probably, but let's see how they do with QO. If Wise beats QO by 4 TDs, then I will give you Wise over RH by 3 TDs.

You guys really don't like RH do you. Kind of a slight to Htown who is a legitimate, high quality football team. In fact, some of you guys picked them over RH.

Don't be haters.

GA beating RH, no doubt. Never in real question. Not sure why this argument keeps coming up. Yes...Gilman is better than RH, enough said.

QO beaten by Seneca, who was beaten by Damascus, who was beaten by Urbana. RH beat up Urbana. Not sure about QO over RH. Don't underestimate how good Htown was. They beat a precious Millford Mill by forever, and I heard a lot on this post about how strong BC football was with all of the athletes on Franklin, and how the MM QB dominates the field. Htown made MM look completely amateur.

Wise over RH, probably, but let's see how they do with QO. If Wise beats QO by 4 TDs, then I will give you Wise over RH by 3 TDs.

You guys really don't like RH do you. Kind of a slight to Htown who is a legitimate, high quality football team. In fact, some of you guys picked them over RH.

Don't be haters.

I agree with you completely. What RH has done has been amazing. A great program and they should be commended greatly.

On another note, I thought RH was big up front. A few of the skill kids were on the smaller side but their line was big for a public school that cannot pick and choose kids. I do not know why private school supporters ge ton here and pound their chest about how bad RH is. They have won 4 state championships in the last 6 years. Pretty impressive.

I agree with you completely. What RH has done has been amazing. A great program and they should be commended greatly.

On another note, I thought RH was big up front. A few of the skill kids were on the smaller side but their line was big for a public school that cannot pick and choose kids. I do not know why private school supporters ge ton here and pound their chest about how bad RH is. They have won 4 state championships in the last 6 years. Pretty impressive.

River Hill's program is outstanding, but based on what I saw last night they were not that good. There is no other way for me to put it. Perhaps they had an off game, but that is hard to believe considering it was a state championship game and no doubt they were hyped and ready to play.

BTW I am not a private school supporter at all...

River Hill's program is outstanding, but based on what I saw last night they were not that good. There is no other way for me to put it. Perhaps they had an off game, but that is hard to believe considering it was a state championship game and no doubt they were hyped and ready to play.

I can agree with you but I also have been in the situation where I looked at a team on tape and said they were not that good on they were not fast but then went out and got our asses kicked. Maybe Htown was a good team.

When two good teams play each other it can be very misleading, just like when two fast teams play each other. They may not look good or fast because the other team is just as good or fast. Just my take.

River Hill has a good coaching staff. They are always prepared and very disciplined. River Hill has talent but not top notch talent. There team is good. Htown was good too. River Hill would beat Calvert Hall on coaching alone this year but not last year. Calvert Hall had a decent defense and terrible offensive lkine. Loyola almost beat them.

Gilman would destroy the 3a teams but not the 4a

River Hill has a good coaching staff. They are always prepared and very disciplined. River Hill has talent but not top notch talent. There team is good. Htown was good too. River Hill would beat Calvert Hall on coaching alone this year but not last year. Calvert Hall had a decent defense and terrible offensive lkine. Loyola almost beat them.

Gilman would destroy the 3a teams but not the 4a

Gilman would destroy every public school team in the state and in fact every team that's not GC. The thing is, I'm not a Private School supporter. I'm a Gilman supporter. But I can't ignore what's going on. The state is now a Private school heavy state. It is what it is. I heard my esteem friends Guru and 85Knight tell me after seeing Westminster against a WV team that they could stay with Gilman. Then to have them lose to QO, a team that lost to a Seneca Valley team that lost to Urbana and Damascus. Sorry but Gilman would destroy QO and they also would do the same to Wise.

I respect you opinion a lot so this somewhat surprises me. I think the turnovers killed River Hill in the first half and stopped any momentum they were building. Defensively, they held a very good team to 0 points in the second half and 14 points total.

Offensively, while I don't think it was their greatest showing, this is the most balanced River Hill team that I can remember. I don't even think Hostetler through the ball as much as they did last night. And again, I don't think you are giving Huntingtown defense enough credit. In the previous 3 playoff games, they gave up an average of 8 points per game, and that includes the explosive Millford Mill team that was getting tons of praise on here.

These were two very good, well coached teams. While I agree neither could beat Gilman, they were both better coached and had better playbooks.

First off, Private school people aren't the ones that make the comparison. I don't even think of RH in the same breath as Gilman. Other people get on here and start the comparisons and say things like River Hill could beat Gilman, CHC, etc. So when you make these statements, you open yourself up for responses. I always knew RH wasn't in the same league and have said from day one that they wouldn't score on Gilman this year.

River Hill is a GREAT public school program. In fact, I would say in the last decade they are the #1 Public School program. Yes, over Dunbar because they have done it at higher classifications. So my point to you is, if you don't like the Private School comparisons, talk with the Public School supporters who keep making the comparisons.

First off, Private school people aren't the ones that make the comparison. I don't even think of RH in the same breath as Gilman. Other people get on here and start the comparisons and say things like River Hill could beat Gilman, CHC, etc. So when you make these statements, you open yourself up for responses. I always knew RH wasn't in the same league and have said from day one that they wouldn't score on Gilman this year.

River Hill is a GREAT public school program. In fact, I would say in the last decade they are the #1 Public School program. Yes, over Dunbar because they have done it at higher classifications. So my point to you is, if you don't like the Private School comparisons, talk with the Public School supporters who keep making the comparisons.

Actually you are making comparisons when you constantly say public school teams are slow and weak and Giman would destroy them all. To me that is a comparison. And you are right Gilman and other top privates should destroy them becasue they have the best recruited talent that money can buy. Just my take.

Actually you are making comparisons when you constantly say public school teams are slow and weak and Giman would destroy them all. To me that is a comparison. And you are right Gilman and other top privates should destroy them becasue they have the best recruited talent that money can buy. Just my take.

No I said that RIVER HILL is slow and small. Didn't say weak and didn't say all public schools. Franklin could be the fastest team in the state and they are a public school.

As far as making a comparison, I RESPOND when others start the comparison. When you open Pandora's box, then everything is up for discussion.

I think a lot of people are not giving Huntingtown enough credit. They are a tough team with some pedigree and they played River Hill tough. They came into this game with only a 7 point lost to their rival Westlake. I've been really impressed with the football down there in So. Md over the last few years. As an example look at what North Point did to Friendship and they didn't even make the playoffs.

Another thought is that I don't think high school size and speed translates well on tv. I'm not saying that River Hill is big and fast but when I watch any high school game they all look smaller and slower than when I see them in person. I think this has to do with the fact that we are used to watching college and pro football more on tv so naturally our minds make that comparison.

I love the public vs. private debate but we'll never know until we actually see some of these teams play each other. Doing third party comparisons just doesn't work for me.

I think a lot of people are not giving Huntingtown enough credit. They are a tough team with some pedigree and they played River Hill tough. They came into this game with only a 7 point lost to their rival Westlake. I've been really impressed with the football down there in So. Md over the last few years. As an example look at what North Point did to Friendship.

Another thought is that I don't think high school size and speed translates well on tv. I'm not saying that River Hill is big and fast but when I watch any high school game they all look smaller and slower than when I see them in person. I think this has to do with the fact that we are used to watching college and pro football more on tv so naturally our minds make that comparison.

I love the public vs. private debate but we'll never know until we actually see some of these teams play. Doing third party comparisons just doesn't work for me.

I agree with you on the TV thing. But I have seen the DVR replay of the Gilman-CHC game on TV and its like NIGHT and DAY. The kids were much bigger and much faster. When I look to compare teams, privates or publics, I look to see who would start on the respective teams. When I looked at River Hill last night, I can't think of one player I saw that would start at Gilman(I'm sure there are but no one that stood out). People thought I was talking crazy when I said that Gilman's 2nd team would beat RH. I'm saying it again, Gilman's second team would beat River Hill.

I think a lot of people are not giving Huntingtown enough credit. They are a tough team with some pedigree and they played River Hill tough. They came into this game with only a 7 point lost to their rival Westlake. I've been really impressed with the football down there in So. Md over the last few years. As an example look at what North Point did to Friendship and they didn't even make the playoffs.

I love the public vs. private debate but we'll never know until we actually see some of these teams play each other. Doing third party comparisons just doesn't work for me.

You are exactly right about the TV. Unfortunately GA is too biased and would have said the Ravens were slow and small if they were playing last night. I don't think slow and small schools go undefeated in 3A- that is an idiotic statement from an idiotic poster. Towards the end of the game, Huntingtown took a timeout and Van Dusen was huddled around his offense. Van Dusen had some kids towering over him and Van Duesen is not a small guy.

As for the idiots post above mine, I don't think Gilman has a second string, if they do, then why does everyone play both ways?? If they didn't play both ways then maybe they wouldn't have been so tired against Moeller and got embarrassed on TV. Hypothetically, if they do have a second string, they wouldn't beat RH's first string- that is more assinine than saying RH's firsts could beat Gilmans firsts. So to GA, please leave. Nobody values your opinion and you continually say over the top things to prove how much of a jack ***** you are. I'm begging you, please leave. Come back next year.

You are exactly right about the TV. Unfortunately GA is too biased and would have said the Ravens were slow and small if they were playing last night. I don't think slow and small schools go undefeated in 3A- that is an idiotic statement from an idiotic poster. Towards the end of the game, Huntingtown took a timeout and Van Dusen was huddled around his offense. Van Dusen had some kids towering over him and Van Duesen is not a small guy.

As for the idiots post above mine, I don't think Gilman has a second string, if they do, then why does everyone play both ways?? If they didn't play both ways then maybe they wouldn't have been so tired against Moeller and got embarrassed on TV. Hypothetically, if they do have a second string, they wouldn't beat RH's first string- that is more assinine than saying RH's firsts could beat Gilmans firsts. So to GA, please leave. Nobody values your opinion and you continually say over the top things to prove how much of a jack ***** you are. I'm begging you, please leave. Come back next year.

You're a clown and I have ran you off the board before, don't make me do it again. I'm only responding to you because I HATE when people talk and never get to the games or actually seen the teams play. It is obvious that the only time you saw Gilman play was on TV against Moeller.

But since you know so much about Gilman, tell me how many two way starters Gilman has! And who are they? If you can't, NEVER speak again on this board because you just made statements about Gilman as fact and i just called you out and saying thay you're lying! And I'm not talking about starters in the first game of the year, I'm talking about the end of the year. I will help you out, Gilman's starting lineup was MUCH different at the end of the year than the first game. So tell me big guy, if you can't than you have ZERO credibility because you keep speaking of what you don't know.

Totally agree. He is the only one that responds about public private. None of the guys from CHC, McD, or DM get on here and talk superiority. They know better. They know that they should beat publics but dont have to degrade teams and announce. I think he is approaching 8600 posts. His son must be proud.

You're a clown and I have ran you off the board before, don't make me do it again. I'm only responding to you because I HATE when people talk and never get to the games or actually seen the teams play. It is obvious that the only time you saw Gilman play was on TV against Moeller.

But since you know so much about Gilman, tell me how many two way starters Gilman has! And who are they? If you can't, NEVER speak again on this board because you just made statements about Gilman as fact and i just called you out and saying thay you're lying! And I'm not talking about starters in the first game of the year, I'm talking about the end of the year. I will help you out, Gilman's starting lineup was MUCH different at the end of the year than the first game. So tell me big guy, if you can't than you have ZERO credibility because you keep speaking of what you don't know.

Listen here BIG GUY, I didn't memorize Gilmans roster (names or numbers) and I never will (there is only one idiot I know that does that), but I can tell you this, Poggi plays both ways and it showed b/c against Calvert Hall he was walking around the field on defense instead of chasing plays down from behind. You didn't see that last night. I saw Gilman play 3-4 times this year and was unimpressed in all of them (Moeller, GC and CH maybe one more).

And you will never run me off this board. I am only on here to remind people how much of a jack@$$ you are and I enjoy that way too much.

Gilman would destroy every public school team in the state and in fact every team that's not GC. The thing is, I'm not a Private School supporter. I'm a Gilman supporter. But I can't ignore what's going on. The state is now a Private school heavy state. It is what it is. I heard my esteem friends Guru and 85Knight tell me after seeing Westminster against a WV team that they could stay with Gilman. Then to have them lose to QO, a team that lost to a Seneca Valley team that lost to Urbana and Damascus. Sorry but Gilman would destroy QO and they also would do the same to Wise.

Maybe Westminster losing to QO doesn't mean that they couldn't play with Gilman but it might mean that QO could play with Gilman too. We'll find out a little bit more about them tonight. If you want to talk about the publics size and speed matching up with the privates this game tonight should be a good showcase for you.

This year you can't ignore North Point beating Friendship 27-18 as an example of a public vs. private matchup. They met late in the season when all things were equal and Friendship was able to hang with Bergen Catholic so they're no slouch. That's why I say you never know what will happen unless you see it on the field. We need more matchups like this when both teams are in mid season form.

Maybe Westminster losing to QO doesn't mean that they couldn't play with Gilman but it might mean that QO could play with Gilman too. We'll find out a little bit more about them tonight. If you want to talk about the publics size and speed matching up with the privates this game tonight should be a good showcase for you.

This year you can't ignore North Point beating Friendship 27-18 as an example of a public vs. private matchup. They met late in the season when all things were equal and Friendship was able to hang with Bergen Catholic so they're no slouch. That's why I say you never know what will happen unless you see it on the field. We need more matchups like this when both teams are in mid season form.

I agree with you. But honestly the privates and publics dont have anything to gain from playing each other. Publics need the points and playing a private is a tough sell. I like some of the match-ups, but a good public will not play Gilman for obvious reasons. Gilman would rather play OOS rather than play Dunbar. It is that simple.

Listen here BIG GUY, I didn't memorize Gilmans roster (names or numbers) and I never will (there is only one idiot I know that does that), but I can tell you this, Poggi plays both ways and it showed b/c against Calvert Hall he was walking around the field on defense instead of chasing plays down from behind. You didn't see that last night. I saw Gilman play 3-4 times this year and was unimpressed in all of them (Moeller, GC and CH maybe one more).

And you will never run me off this board. I am only on here to remind people how much of a jack@$$ you are and I enjoy that way too much.

Again LYING! You didn't see Gilman play 3 or 4 times, stop with the lies. Poggi had a MONSTER GAME against CHC. In fact, he was so impressive the Rivals guy Adam Friedman couldn't stop talking and writing about it. You weren't impressed with Gilman beating CHC by 4 TD's? God stop lying!

There were WAY MORE guys last night that started both ways than Gilman starts! This is a FACT! FYI, at the end of the year Gilman only started two players both ways, Poggi and Miles Norris.

Now that it has been proven that you have NO CLUE what you're talking about and have lost all credibility with the lies, stop speaking!