Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slidemaster

Will they make the playoffs?

56 posts in this topic

They can't pass, they can't rush the passer, and they're terrible in coverage. About all they can do is run the ball and kick.

Would anyone be shocked if they lose out from here? Denver, Washington, NYG, and Cincinnati all coming up. Every one of those teams is more than capable of making the Ravens look terrible.

I think they miss the playoffs this year.

they are very fortunate to be 9-3. if they finish 10-6 they will get in. 11-5 wins the division

If you go to yahoosports.com and look at their playoff projections and if everything goes in the steelers and ciny win all there games (not counting the matchup between themselves) the ravens have to win against the Redskins or they will not make the playoffs. If they win only Sunday then they will be the 5th seeded or possible 6th seeded team. They have only themselves to blame

I think losing this game against the Steelers third string QB could cause them to miss the playoffs now. I can easily see this as they blew their shot for the easiest win remaining on the schedule. I can actually see them only winning one remaining game and maybe losing all of them now. Denver easily beat Pittsburgh and should handle the Ravens just as easily. The Giants are always winning their games near the end of the season and will pressure Flacco moreso than Pittsburgh did.

Also, our defense cannot stop either Manning, so there are two more losses I see as a given. I think they can beat the Redskins but better bring their A game. I also think the Bengals on the road will be extremely tough and Flacco plays terrible on the road so I can see them losing the next four games and finishing 9-7 quite easily. Lets face it, yesterday should have been a fairly easy win and they could lose out and still finish 10-6. Not so now.

They can't pass, they can't rush the passer, and they're terrible in coverage. About all they can do is run the ball and kick.

Would anyone be shocked if they lose out from here? Denver, Washington, NYG, and Cincinnati all coming up. Every one of those teams is more than capable of making the Ravens look terrible.

I generally agree with nothing you post but actually do agree with this.

The Ravens are not going to lose out and yes, they'll make the playoffs. Before the season started, I actually thought they would go 9-7 and miss any post season activity. I can see them finishing 12-4 because I do think they'll beat Washington, and both NY and Denver at home. The Cincinnati game to end the season looks like a sure loss, though.

Classic Baltimore football fan.

The Ravens will win at least two and maybe three of those games and YES. They will make the playoffs.

I doubt they make much of a run from there. Depending on the seeds I give them one-and-done or maybe one win.

The Ravens will make the playoffs. I predict they'll go 3-1 the next 4 games.

You do realize they face both Mannings in those home games and a 37 year old third stringer just tore them to shreds? What do you think these two are going to do? They must beat the Redskins as I see that as their only win out of the next four.

The Ravens will make the playoffs. I predict they'll go 3-1 the next 4 games.

The way the Ravens have been playing? Seriously? They'll be lucky to go 1 - 3.

Looks like the sky is falling again as it did after the other 2 losses.
This is a little different. Look at the schedule. Look at the way the Ravens have been playing for over a month. True, they only lost by 3 points last night. But the D, along with other aspects of the team, looked weak. Time will ultimately tell, but sometimes, when people see that the sky is falling, it actually IS falling. This could very well be the case here and now.

This is a little different. Look at the schedule. Look at the way the Ravens have been playing for over a month. True, they only lost by 3 points last night. But the D, along with other aspects of the team, looked weak. Time will ultimately tell, but sometimes, when people see that the sky is falling, it actually IS falling. This could very well be the case here and now.

Yesterday's play definitely didn't inspire confidence. But do you really think the Ravens are going to finish the season with 5 straight losses?

Yesterday's play definitely didn't inspire confidence. But do you really think the Ravens are going to finish the season with 5 straight losses?
Well...first of all...there's only 4 games left (I assume you're counting last night's loss). I can definitely see them finishing 1-3 the rest of the way -- 2-2 tops. So that would leave them at either 10-6 or 11-5. I think it's likely that they'll get into the playoffs, and maybe even win the division, but I just don't see them going very far after that. There are too many weak points that good teams can and will exploit.

The Ravens won't make the playoffs, because the end of the world is Dec 21, 2012.

Well that certainly puts it all in perspective. :D

I do, however, agree with the poster above that (oddly, considering it was the Steelers) this was the most winnable game remaining on the schedule. It is uphill from here for sure. Not saying the Ravens can't get it done, but they have got to get it together and play with some intensity. The Steelers beat the Ravens in the trenches with greater hunger and Flacco was off for whatever reason. Won't go to the playoffs like that.

I think you guys manage to eke it out. All of the remaining games feature teams gunning for postseason so obviously it's no cake walk. As it stands now I have you pegged for 1 win in the last 4 games which should be against the Giants. They'll probably be due for a Mr. Hyde performance by the time they see you in a few weeks.

The other games I'm just not seeing. RG3 figures to give your D all kinds of trouble. Peyton Manning seems to have your number. And the Bengals will be fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot and maybe the division depending on how things shake out so they will be on their A game. It will not be easy but 10-6 should get the job done.

(But if your OC continues to insist on your guy throwing a bunch of deep jump balls all bets are off.)

Really, really hard to see how the Ravens don't win the division.

Yesterday's game? Some times you suck and lose when you shouldn't; sometimes the other team sucks and you win when you shouldn't.

Chill out. Ravens are a good team.

0-4 wouldn't surprise me at all. 3-1 would.

I agree - 4 very tough games. It all depends on which team shows up.

They could also win a couple. It's possible. Winning 3 would surprise me given who we're playing.

And it's not the sky is falling Ivan, it's looking back at the season. Let's face it, we lost a couple of key people on defense from last year and that has been compounded by some tough injuries.

And the offense is unpredictable. At times, they look like world beaters, at other times they look terrible.

So it's hard to say. But it's a very tough schedule, but with 3 at home, who knows.

So it's hard to say. But it's a very tough schedule, but with 3 at home, who knows.

It's only two at home, and those are the Manning Brothers. If they are lucky, they beat the younger one.