Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OriginalColtsFan

Now let's see...

24 posts in this topic

...just how good a coach John Harbaugh really is. This is exactly the type of loss that can easily result in LOTS of finger pointing and loss of team unity. Coach 'em up, John!! Prove me wrong!!

B)

I think Harbaugh is a solid coach. With the exception of his loyalty to Cameron and poor clock management, I think he does a pretty good job getting his team ready to play. But seriously, he can't be eyes in the back of Flacco's head. Flacco has been in the league for 5 years, how many times is he going to get stripped from behind? It's happened so many times against Pittsburgh that I have trouble figuring out if it is replay or live action. Intense pass rushes like Pittsburgh are going to get behind the pocket and come at you from behind. Get some pocket awareness and protect the football. I don't know what Harbaugh can do about that. He either is going to finally realize it or not.

That challenge. Just why John...why?

Agree. No possible way to win it, you just waste a timeout that might have saved some time at the end of the game. It was terrible and that's on Harbaugh.

...just how good a coach John Harbaugh really is. This is exactly the type of loss that can easily result in LOTS of finger pointing and loss of team unity. Coach 'em up, John!! Prove me wrong!!

B)

This really could be a blessing in disguise if it acts as a motivator for the rest of the season. It also could tear the team apart. My intuition tells me the team won't fall apart; but time will tell if it will be motivation enough to push them to the Super Bowl.

This really could be a blessing in disguise if it acts as a motivator for the rest of the season. It also could tear the team apart. My intuition tells me the team won't fall apart; but time will tell if it will be motivation enough to push them to the Super Bowl.

Really a push to the SB? Right now this team is the fourth best in the AFC, if that. They are not going to be in the SB.

Will be interesting to see how the Ravens respond. Their record is really solid coming off a loss. The "Mutiny Thread" may be revisited if the team loses 2 in a row. The radio shows over here in Pittsburgh are placing most of the blame on Harbaugh.

I don't think this loss will tear the Ravens apart. They are fortunate to have a record of 9-3. Not many teams can survive a 4th and 29 dump off play to win a game, or a 3 FG performance against a KC team that lost the game mainly because they continually self destructed. But they are still 9-3 and will most likely win their division. They have some flaws, and I really don't believe they can get to a Superbowl unless they somehow are lucky enough to host all of their games in the playoffs. But I don't think they will all of the sudden fall apart because of this loss. The last four games are all tough ones. They don't play well on the road, and playing Washington and a suddenly very hot Cincinnati won't be easy. The two remaining home games are against Denver and the Giants, neither easy as well. But I do believe they are good enough to at least go 2-2 in those games, if not 3-1. But honestly, I don't think they have the talent or makeup anymore to run the table in the playoffs. I believe the last two years were the remaining years on that window of getting to the superbowl. I think when the final chapter is written on the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed years, it will be written that losing a 21-7 lead to Pittsburgh when a win would have meant they hosted the AFCC against the Jets, and the Evans/Cundiff misses will be the opportunities lamented by Baltimore fans.

I don't think this loss will tear the Ravens apart. They are fortunate to have a record of 9-3. Not many teams can survive a 4th and 29 dump off play to win a game, or a 3 FG performance against a KC team that lost the game mainly because they continually self destructed. But they are still 9-3 and will most likely win their division. They have some flaws, and I really don't believe they can get to a Superbowl unless they somehow are lucky enough to host all of their games in the playoffs. But I don't think they will all of the sudden fall apart because of this loss. The last four games are all tough ones. They don't play well on the road, and playing Washington and a suddenly very hot Cincinnati won't be easy. The two remaining home games are against Denver and the Giants, neither easy as well. But I do believe they are good enough to at least go 2-2 in those games, if not 3-1. But honestly, I don't think they have the talent or makeup anymore to run the table in the playoffs. I believe the last two years were the remaining years on that window of getting to the superbowl. I think when the final chapter is written on the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed years, it will be written that losing a 21-7 lead to Pittsburgh when a win would have meant they hosted the AFCC against the Jets, and the Evans/Cundiff misses will be the opportunities lamented by Baltimore fans.

I don't disagree with anything you posted. However, the first step to get to the Super Bowl is to reach the playoffs. After that, who knows? Maybe this year Baltimore could be on the other side of a Cundiff or Evans play, especially this year. There really isn't that one team out there that is completely dominant.

Really a push to the SB? Right now this team is the fourth best in the AFC, if that. They are not going to be in the SB.

I stand by what I say. Nobody has a crystal ball, but barring a complete collapse, the Ravens should reach the playoffs. After that, who really knows?

I stand by what I say. Nobody has a crystal ball, but barring a complete collapse, the Ravens should reach the playoffs. After that, who really knows?
Suppose the Ravens "lose out", and end up 9-7. Or maybe win one more game and finish the season 10-6. Do you think that might trigger a melt down that ends up just short of a full out mutiny (like when Billick lost the team), but that blows the lid off of the "warm, fuzzy Ravens" image projected by Harbaugh?

Suppose the Ravens "lose out", and end up 9-7. Or maybe win one more game and finish the season 10-6. Do you think that might trigger a melt down that ends up just short of a full out mutiny (like when Billick lost the team), but that blows the lid off of the "warm, fuzzy Ravens" image projected by Harbaugh?

Again...no one knows that answer. I am not in the clubhouse and really only know what I read. To speculate without any inside information is a fool's game. FWIW I didn't see any quitters on the Ravens team. The defense played hard-nosed throughout IMO. I did seem to think they were more interested in stripping the football than making clean tackles tonight. Pittsburgh's eight turnovers in the previous game might have sparked that mindset.

Looking at the schedule before the season started I didn't expect them to come out of this 3 game stretch being 3-0. Only thing that changed is I expected them to lose either in Pittsburgh or in San Diego and win at home.

Even though I don't think the team is anywhere near as good as it's been the past few seasons especially on defense, it's a little hard to complain about them being 9-3 at this point in the season.

I will be shocked if Cameron and Reed are with the Ravens next year. Then again, sadly, maybe I wont be shocked if they are.

Again...no one knows that answer. I am not in the clubhouse and really only know what I read. To speculate without any inside information is a fool's game. FWIW I didn't see any quitters on the Ravens team. The defense played hard-nosed throughout IMO. I did seem to think they were more interested in stripping the football than making clean tackles tonight. Pittsburgh's eight turnovers in the previous game might have sparked that mindset.
And yet speculating is exactly what you were doing when you "speculated" in response to AFKAR7's post. And really...all we're really doing most of the time is speculating here on sports message boards since none of us is ever in the clubhouse. I think it's more accurate to say that you'd rather not speculate on the scenario I posed to you, is all. N/P.

A very good possibility. If they lose to the Deadskins on Sunday, they will lose out. Both Manning brothers will win and Cincinnati, who just might win the Division, will beat us in Cinci.

Yes if they make the playoffs anything is possible but I just don't see that from this current team and if the offensive play calling doesn't get better or change there is no way it's a SB team. I thought they were one for sure last year.

Does anyone really think this team is good enough to go on the road and beat Houston, Denver or NE in a playoff game? Hell I think if Indy comes to Baltimore for a playoff game they could pull off the win.

I would have no problem with a complete collapse from this team if it resulted in the firing of Cam. 13 touches for Ray Rice their best offensive player? That's just pathetic.

They don't need anymore motivational losses. Houston should have been enough. If they can't get up for the Steelers then there's a problem.

At the end of the day they went 6-0 in the division last year. It's a pretty hard task to do it again. Even if they lose to Cinci they will go 4-2 in the division which is pretty good.

I don't think this loss hurts them that much. They still control their own destiny for the #2 seed which is all you can ask for this time of the year.

I don't think this loss hurts them that much. They still control their own destiny for the #2 seed which is all you can ask for this time of the year.

I couldn't disagree more! Out of Denver, NE and Baltimore, the Ravens have the toughest schedule for the next four. Denver probably has the easiest schedule and will probably be #2. Then NE will get #3 and the Ravens #4 seed.

The Ravens blew it big time yesterday!

I believe the last two years were the remaining years on that window of getting to the superbowl. I think when the final chapter is written on the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed years, it will be written that losing a 21-7 lead to Pittsburgh when a win would have meant they hosted the AFCC against the Jets, and the Evans/Cundiff misses will be the opportunities lamented by Baltimore fans.

This has been my fear as well. I hope I am wrong, but when Evans dropped that pass last year followed by the Cundiff miss, I just saw the window get much smaller. I hope in 20 years we don't look back at these years like Cleveland looks at the mid 80's with the Drive and the fumble.

I couldn't disagree more! Out of Denver, NE and Baltimore, the Ravens have the toughest schedule for the next four. Denver probably has the easiest schedule and will probably be #2. Then NE will get #3 and the Ravens #4 seed.

The Ravens blew it big time yesterday!

I understand. But if the Ravens have Superbowl aspirations then they have to play with these teams and beat them this time of year. Somehow I don't think Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are looking at schedules and fearing who they can't beat this time of year. The Ravens control their own destiny and either they'll take care of business or they won't.

I understand. But if the Ravens have Superbowl aspirations then they have to play with these teams and beat them this time of year. Somehow I don't think Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are looking at schedules and fearing who they can't beat this time of year. The Ravens control their own destiny and either they'll take care of business or they won't.
They sure didn't take care of business yesterday, did they? Other teams locked up playoff spots and/or division titles. The door was open for the Ravens, but they screwed the pooch. How can you dismiss that reality?

And yet speculating is exactly what you were doing when you "speculated" in response to AFKAR7's post. And really...all we're really doing most of the time is speculating here on sports message boards since none of us is ever in the clubhouse. I think it's more accurate to say that you'd rather not speculate on the scenario I posed to you, is all. N/P.

First of all, that wasn't speculating on AFKAR7'S post.

I said:

...barring a complete collapse, the Ravens should reach the playoffs.
It is a fact, backed up by math. If the Ravens win one or two games they will be in the playoffs again. If they lose all four games like you suggested, they still have a chance to back in the playoffs, depending on what other teams do.

With that said, you have to understand that my posts during and after the games are usually not as rational as other times; I am usually more emotional too. In fact, I even made remarks to another poster last night that I regret now. I just get caught up in the moment.

You are accurate that I'd rather not speculate on such a negative scenario that you proposed. It could indeed happen, and has happened to several teams in history. But, the odds favor the Ravens reaching the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year. And if they do make the postseason, there is no team that they cannot beat if they bring their A game - same can be said of every team in the playoffs. It's a new season after the first 16 are played.:)

First of all, that wasn't speculating on AFKAR7'S post.

I said: It is a fact, backed up by math.

It's not a FACT; it's an opinion/projection, which, by definition, is speculation. It's merely that YOUR speculation is in line with the way you'd like to see things play out, and mine runs contrary to that. But any way you slice it, it's still speculation. Not "Fact".

But regardless...I'm not interested in debating over semantics. The Ravens showed some of their true colors last night, and it's going to impact the rest of the season, one way, or another. THAT'S the bottom line. (In my "speculative opinion, of course.)

;)