Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PEZ

Looking ahead: Ravens @ 'Skins

22 posts in this topic

Enough about the pathetic loss to the Steelers.

The Redskins matchup is next in line so let's take a look. Before they play tonight, the 'Skins offense is ranked #1 in rushing and #21 in passing. Their defense is ranked #3 against the run and #31 against the pass.

Looks like the key for a Ravens victory will rest with the arm of Joe Flacco to get the ball down the field to Torrey Smith and the other receivers. Does this scare you?

For our D, they need to be able to stop the run and stop RG3. Does this scare you more?

Wow. I didn't realize there's a 20 hour rule/limit to discussing a previous game. Thanks for that info. It's very helpful.

will Cam be running the offense again next week ? YES...Will he be limiting RR touches ? Probably so

so that leaves it up to

RG3 and Flacco (no contest here) and we have much better receivers

deadskin win

sorry

Looking at the 'Skins so far against the G-Men...I think they're going to really take it to the Ravens. Running. Passing. And defense.

As a Giants fan the Ravens should give the ball to Ray Rice about 45 times Sunday.
That's funny. As I was watching the game, I said to myself: "They better just give the ball to Rice 40 times".

;)

(On any given Sunday, and all that. But the Ravens could conceivably lose out and finish 9-7.)

Enough about the pathetic loss to the Steelers.

The Redskins matchup is next in line so let's take a look. Before they play tonight, the 'Skins offense is ranked #1 in rushing and #21 in passing. Their defense is ranked #3 against the run and #31 against the pass.

Looks like the key for a Ravens victory will rest with the arm of Joe Flacco to get the ball down the field to Torrey Smith and the other receivers. Does this scare you?

For our D, they need to be able to stop the run and stop RG3. Does this scare you more?

I don't have any doubt in my mind that Flacco will win this game for us next week. He has got something to prove. If I am wrong, and he does lay another egg this week, then I think we need to reconsider our future with him at QB.

85,000 @ FedEx Field. And RG3 running one heck of a wild offensive scheme. It'll be interesting to see what the Ravens D dials up to try to stop him.

And speaking of D's...from the looks of what Haslett is throwing at the G-Men, the Ravens O-line is going to have their hands FULL next week. Haslett's taken a ton of heat, not unlike what Cameron has taken, but at least tonight he's dialing up a lot of different looks that have been, for the most part, effective against the Giants.

G man about to lose game. Ravens in trouble Sunday. RG III is a B))))!
Close game; tough loss. I underestimated the 'Skins. They definitely had game tonight. And I think they'll be just as fired up on Sunday.

While the Skins are better than they were the last time they played the Ravens (24-10 loss), I don't like this match-up. They are going to have to give a lot of attention to Torrey Smith, which will create a variety of options underneath. They need to win the TOP by a bunch, keep Flacco and Rice off the field, run the ball, etc.

Ravens don't need the game as much as the Skins, so maybe that will give the Skins an edge. Problem is the Skins recent history is that they don't win meaningful games like this one. Last night was an exception, but I live in the real world.

HTTR

Ravens don't need the game as much as the Skins, so maybe that will give the Skins an edge.
REALLY? This might be the ONLY game the Ravens win the rest of the way!!! I'd say that makes it a HUGE game for the Ravens. But that doesn't seem to help the Ravens very much. (See the Steelers game, for example.) I think the Ravens are going to get smoked at FedEx on Sunday.

Redskins have a lot to play for now after beating the Giants. This will be a tough game for sure. Plus, if we don't beat the Redskins it will make it an even tougher game when we play the Giants as they will have a lot on the line.

As a Skins fan I think the game depends on who shows up from charm city. Skins are playing well and have momentum. However, when Flacco and Baltimore play at their best they a better team. We can't stop the run and RR can run. Look for him to have a big day catching screens from the backfield. Skins definitely need the game more though.

We can't stop the run and RR can run. Look for him to have a big day catching screens from the backfield. Skins definitely need the game more though.

After last night the Redskins D is #4 against the run.