Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

durango46

Is this real or am I dreaming

15 posts in this topic

durango I hate to do this to you again but the only way Josh Hamilton becomes an Oriole is if you go to sleep and fall into dreamland. There is no chance of him coming here since a certain cheap owner who shall remain nameless refuses to spend big money on a free agent. The O's aren't signing any of the top free agents available and they won't be able to trade for some of the big names available on the trade market (Billy Butler, R.A. Dickey, Justin Upton). This team will be closer to last place (maybe not in last place but no chance they win 93 games again), there will be no magic ride this year.

durango I hate to do this to you again but the only way Josh Hamilton becomes an Oriole is if you go to sleep and fall into dreamland. There is no chance of him coming here since a certain cheap owner who shall remain nameless refuses to spend big money on a free agent. The O's aren't signing any of the top free agents available and they won't be able to trade for some of the big names available on the trade market (Billy Butler, R.A. Dickey, Justin Upton). This team will be closer to last place (maybe not in last place but no chance they win 93 games again), there will be no magic ride this year.

That was really encouraging. :rolleyes::)

http://local.content.compendiumblog.com/uploads/user/14f60095-b7f1-473a-85dd-0b9cef7e0acc/e0d06398-0c09-492d-a94d-6cbba29ed4c0/Image/564ac3f4095559ce89313fbdf44970f4.jpg

You haven't been paying attention. I've already predicted 84 wins for the O's in 2013 so that's a done deal. 84 wins gets them third place in the AL East.

You already know I have a problem with being optimistic.......then you poor salt on my open wound. Ouch, that really stings SugarRay. :)

Back to the bottom of the pile again

I certainly am in favor of the short man loosening up the purse strings, but I'm just not sold that Josh Hamilton is the guy to spend it on. I don't know who would be better, but he just strikes me as someone who is past his best and risky.

I'd certainly rather have him than Swisher.

The market for Hamilton is shrinking faster than a sabermetrician's testicles.

it seems like there's always at least one team that steps up with the ridiculous contract.

it seems like there's always at least one team that steps up with the ridiculous contract.

Dodgers and Yankees at this point.

No other teams have the combo of money and stupid.