it kind of makes sense

http://baltimorespor...es-2-34878.html

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,605 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I think whoever wrote that is dreaming. I agree with the 1 comment to the story though
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

I just don't see it happening. I don't even daydream about it happening. this owner does sign the whale of the free agent season.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

it kind of makes sense

http://baltimorespor...es-2-34878.html

durango I hate to do this to you again but the only way Josh Hamilton becomes an Oriole is if you go to sleep and fall into dreamland. There is no chance of him coming here since a certain cheap owner who shall remain nameless refuses to spend big money on a free agent. The O's aren't signing any of the top free agents available and they won't be able to trade for some of the big names available on the trade market (Billy Butler, R.A. Dickey, Justin Upton). This team will be closer to last place (maybe not in last place but no chance they win 93 games again), there will be no magic ride this year.

#5 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

durango I hate to do this to you again but the only way Josh Hamilton becomes an Oriole is if you go to sleep and fall into dreamland. There is no chance of him coming here since a certain cheap owner who shall remain nameless refuses to spend big money on a free agent. The O's aren't signing any of the top free agents available and they won't be able to trade for some of the big names available on the trade market (Billy Butler, R.A. Dickey, Justin Upton). This team will be closer to last place (maybe not in last place but no chance they win 93 games again), there will be no magic ride this year.

That was really encouraging. :rolleyes: :)

http://local.content...fbdf44970f4.jpg

#6 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

That was really encouraging. :rolleyes: :)

http://local.content...fbdf44970f4.jpg

I'm just being honest, no point in getting your hopes up. Don't expect any big moves from the O's.

#7 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,906 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

I expect DD to make some moves, and maybe one big one - but the O's are going to lose something in order to gain something.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#8 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

You haven't been paying attention. I've already predicted 84 wins for the O's in 2013 so that's a done deal. 84 wins gets them third place in the AL East.

#9 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

You already know I have a problem with being optimistic.......then you poor salt on my open wound. Ouch, that really stings SugarRay. :)

Back to the bottom of the pile again

#10 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I certainly am in favor of the short man loosening up the purse strings, but I'm just not sold that Josh Hamilton is the guy to spend it on. I don't know who would be better, but he just strikes me as someone who is past his best and risky.

I'd certainly rather have him than Swisher.

#11 kudzu

kudzu

Engorged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,702 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

The market for Hamilton is shrinking faster than a sabermetrician's testicles.

#12 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

O's made their big splash

#13 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

The market for Hamilton is shrinking faster than a sabermetrician's testicles.

it seems like there's always at least one team that steps up with the ridiculous contract.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#14 kudzu

kudzu

Engorged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,702 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

it seems like there's always at least one team that steps up with the ridiculous contract.

Dodgers and Yankees at this point.

No other teams have the combo of money and stupid.

#15 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

just woke up from that dream
and that's exactly what it was

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users