• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Just heard that Youkilis is talking to the Yankees about a one year contract. The Yankees apparently agree with me that AROD's mailed it in for next year and they want an upgrade over Chavez to take over for 2013.

#2 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

pffftttt....the Orioles got Danny Valencia.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,868 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I always chuckle when former Red Sox players move down to NY :D

you know it irritated red sox nation to see Boggs and Damon put on the pinstripes
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I always chuckle when former Red Sox players move down to NY :D

you know it irritated red sox nation to see Boggs and Damon put on the pinstripes

The Yankees are wishing they could sign Salty now that Martin ran off to become a Buc. However, they doubt the Red Sox would help them out with a catcher. Maybe the Yankees should offer the Sox AROD and agree to pay half his salary.

#5 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

The so-called baseball experts on YES were whining yesterday about Chavez and Keppinger signing with other teams. They said those signings combined with AROD's sore hip and Martin's flight to the Bucs leaves New York very vulnerable and they are the big losers during the winter holiday in OpryLand.

The only hesitancy they expressed about signing Youkilis is whether or not he'd happily step aside when AROD arises from the dead in July. These reporters show their stupidity every time they open their mouth. They haven't figured out yet that AROD has already mailed it in for 2013.

#6 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,549 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

At this point I don't think Rodriguez is going to see much action in the field, his primary role will be DH. So Youk or whoever they get to play 3B will likely be the guy. Girardi said as much the other day.
http://www.newsday.c...eason-1.4292742

Although Brian Cashman said Monday he fully expects Alex Rodriguez to play for the Yankees next season, Joe Girardi doesn't necessarily feel the same way.

"I think you have to assume those guys can play out the whole year," Girardi said of whomever the Yankees sign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users