11 replies to this topic

#1 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,936 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Why, Why, Why, WHY?

He doesn't fit the O's needs. He's an inadequate fielder. He puts together middle of the order numbers, but doesn't hit middle of the order.
I have never understood the love affair.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#2 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland, USA.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Huh??? :confused: Why are the Orioles even entertaining the idea of acquiring Nick Swisher??? Whose idea was this within the O's organization???

#3 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Huh??? :confused: Why are the Orioles even entertaining the idea of acquiring Nick Swisher??? Whose idea was this within the O's organization???

I mentioned the possibility of the O's signing Swisher in a post a couple months ago. The O's are paying attention. However, I doubt Swisher winds up with the O's since he's seeking far more than he's worth. Odds are that Swisher winds up on the West Coast.

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,026 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

nothing will come of this. he wants elite player money.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,067 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

He could fill that void that's been hanging over the O's ever since Kevin F'ing Millar left. ;);)

#6 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,681 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

He could fill that void that's been hanging over the O's ever since Kevin F'ing Millar left. ;);)

It's Millar Time!

#7 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,158 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I mentioned the possibility of the O's signing Swisher in a post a couple months ago. The O's are paying attention. However, I doubt Swisher winds up with the O's since he's seeking far more than he's worth. Odds are that Swisher winds up on the West Coast.

Your levels of self-importance are hysterical.
Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#8 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Your levels of self-importance are hysterical.

I hear from a highly placed relative in the O's front office that they actually do read the comments in this forum. Why wouldn't they? There are some very good suggestions floated by various posters from time to time and the lazy bums in the scouting department need all the help they can get.

#9 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I hear from a highly placed relative in the O's front office that they actually do read the comments in this forum. Why wouldn't they? There are some very good suggestions floated by various posters from time to time and the lazy bums in the scouting department need all the help they can get.

The FO may read these boards.....but in the end it don't mean JACK (SI Robertson) because Petey only cares about 1 thing $$$$

#10 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,477 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Swisher at 1B seems worth a look depending on how much he wants.

#11 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,026 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Swisher at 1B seems worth a look depending on how much he wants.

that's the problem, he wants elite player money. I've heard numbers like $20M/yr for 10 yrs
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#12 NY_O'sfan

NY_O'sfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

I wouldn't spend much time worrying about signing Swisher....he's wayyyyyyyyyyyy above the Angelos comfort zone for salaries. Think more along the lines of Carlos Pena or Casy Kotchman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users