• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've seen this reported as being essentially agreed to.

Salary averages 24.5 mill per season, and the Dodgers will now have a 200mill payroll next season. I guess they have the money to spend, especially if that TV contract being reported (6 billion over 25 years) turns out to be correct.

Greinke to me is a solid No. 2 guy. 24.5 mill per is just crazy to me for that. We'll see how it works out, though.

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,527 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

That deal is insanity. Have fun, Dodger fans.
The kids are alright.

#3 cealex1223

cealex1223

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, god luck with that. Baseball is guaranteed $$, this would make NO sense.

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,413 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

he's not a #1 starter. imagine the windfall for the next legit #1 to hit the market.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,289 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

he's not a #1 starter. imagine the windfall for the next legit #1 to hit the market.

I believe Halladay, Lincecum, and Josh Johnson are up next year
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#6 joe cool

joe cool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

I've seen this reported as being essentially agreed to.

Salary averages 24.5 mill per season, and the Dodgers will now have a 200mill payroll next season. I guess they have the money to spend, especially if that TV contract being reported (6 billion over 25 years) turns out to be correct.

Greinke to me is a solid No. 2 guy. 24.5 mill per is just crazy to me for that. We'll see how it works out, though.

I have to say that for once I’m glad to hear about an outrageously ridiculous deal in MLB and it doesn’t involve the Yankees. I don’t mind when the Yanks spend big on the big name players out there that are in their prime but when they make ridiculous moves like the Dodgers just did it drives me a little nuts, ala A-roid!!:D
GO YANKS:cool:

It is great to be back home!!!

Go Yankees, Go Giants, Go NY Where Champions Are Born!!!;)

#7 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,746 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

I have to say that for once I’m glad to hear about an outrageously ridiculous deal in MLB and it doesn’t involve the Yankees. I don’t mind when the Yanks spend big on the big name players out there that are in their prime but when they make ridiculous moves like the Dodgers just did it drives me a little nuts, ala A-roid!!:D

LA, to me, has successfully taken away the crown held by the Yanks.
NY seems to be moving more towards other moves than just the big splash.

They need to, too. It's the only way they will get their next Jeter/Pettitte wave of talent.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#8 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

I believe Halladay, Lincecum, and Josh Johnson are up next year

Im betting the Dodger's buy all 3 of them also.

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Im betting the Dodger's buy all 3 of them also.

I'm curious where all this money suddenly came from. I know it's a new ownership group, but they must all be spending their personal money on the team. either that, or the former owner just wasn't willing to spend team generated revenue (ala PGA).

they're now around a $230M annual payroll.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#10 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'm curious where all this money suddenly came from. I know it's a new ownership group, but they must all be spending their personal money on the team. either that, or the former owner just wasn't willing to spend team generated revenue (ala PGA).

they're now around a $230M annual payroll.

The LA times reports the deal for TV rights with FOX is for 25 years and total is over $6B. That's an average of at least $240M per year. Realistically, the payouts will be graduated but that money enables the team to go well over $200M in payroll when gate and other revenue sources are factored in. The prior owners' personal lives really cost them some big opportunities.

#11 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

The LA times reports the deal for TV rights with FOX is for 25 years and total is over $6B. That's an average of at least $240M per year. Realistically, the payouts will be graduated but that money enables the team to go well over $200M in payroll when gate and other revenue sources are factored in. The prior owners' personal lives really cost them some big opportunities.

that's crazy money.

#12 Mikie21

Mikie21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Just stupid money...Good luck Dodgers... To think some fans thought the Os wanted him!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users