Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carlito

Prevent Defense

9 posts in this topic

Prevents us from winning, eh? Memo to Coach Peas, add a blitz to the playbook. The coverage wasn't there anyway, why give the man all day to throw?

The collapse of the defense has been on the way for a few seasons.I think another coach could improve the situation in the short term, but in the long haul the talent just isn't what it once was.

Free agency+Aging stars+Bad drafting=Trouble.

When you have a 3rd string QB beat you one week and than a lame QB able to take time to throw off one leg ,than a rookie comes in and beats you tells volumes about the DC and how bad he is. Reed should have been in better coverage on that TD at the end . The 2 point conversion defense was a cluster F**K how do you have both MLB 5 yards in the endzone ,number 53 is just terrible, and only one man in the middle. This def coordinator should have stayed in NE.

Actually on the TD Asa Jackson blew the coverage. He fronted the receiver but then drifted out of the end zone while the receiver faded. As bad as Jimmy Smith is he is better than Jackson. I think Pees is awful but when Lewis, Ellerbe and Suggs are out and then McClain goes out and you are starting Josh Bynes you know that is trouble.

When you have a 3rd string QB beat you one week and than a lame QB able to take time to throw off one leg ,than a rookie comes in and beats you tells volumes about the DC and how bad he is. Reed should have been in better coverage on that TD at the end . The 2 point conversion defense was a cluster F**K how do you have both MLB 5 yards in the endzone ,number 53 is just terrible, and only one man in the middle. This def coordinator should have stayed in NE.

He did. He is actually on Belicheck's payroll. He did his job well the past two weeks in order to allow NE a chance to jump the Ravens for a shot at the bye and homefield advantage. :D

I think it speaks volumes about the talent level Pees is working with. Say all you want about depth but history will tell you any team that loses 5 starters on one side of the ball usually does not make the playoffs. Houston was probably the best team last year but key offensive injuries kept them from winning the Super Bowl. No team can play as effectively when they have to put their 16th best defender in the starting lineup.

They blitzed on probably the biggest play of the drive... Pees sent a DB on a delayed blitz, helping empty the middle of the field, where the Redskins picked up probably their biggest passing gain on that drive. Blitzing was a mistake. The Ravens just don't "blitz well" in general.

Lining up 3 D linemen on the 2-point conversion was also a big mistake. The instant I saw the alignment and the defensive formation, I was pretty sure he'd run the draw. They had a huge numbers advantage between the hashes, none of the LBs paid any attention to run support, or even faked it. It was something so obvious... Ravens not expecting the guy not named "Griffin" to run a keeper, huge number advantage, they were literally BEGGING for it to happen. Shameful. Sort of like when the Ravens run the fake extra point against an over-loaded front... Pees gave it to them, and they took it.

I would have definitely blitzed a rookie QB coming in cold off the bench. No way I give the guy time to react.

We should have played man to man coverage on the Redskin receivers while smacking them in the mouth on the line.

And I wouldn't blitz DBs...all the linebackers