Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JOHNBOY152

With Cam gone do you think Flacco can run the offense?

Can Joe Flacco run the offense on his own?   19 members have voted

1. 1. Can Joe Flacco run the offense on his own?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, unless he falls flat on his face, then back to Caldwell

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Up until earlier this season I would have said yes, but watching him lately has shaken my confidence in him. It's that few seconds between when he gets the ball in his hands and when he lets it go that is troubling. Sometimes the guy just looks lost out there, like that 3rd and 6 in overtime yesterday. Is it OL protection, is it receivers not getting open, is it "pocket awareness," or reading the defense? I don't know. He just seems awkward.

Look Flacco did not let the guy come in off left side. Oher did. Flacco did not call little dump off pases on third and 17, Cam did. Flacco was not the one not getting seperation ( the whole year) when the wr's were pressed. Flacco as a rule had less than 4 seconds to get rid of the ball this year, other teams 5 or more.

He will struggle due to a poor line, average wr's, and he himself is average. This team's record is better than their talent. They are a 5-9 team the way they have been playing this year.

What is Cadwells history as a play caller?

Sketchy at best. I originally researched and came up with nothing -- no playcalling at any level. That was my assumption until today, when Vinny Cerrato (105.7 The Fan) suggested that he might have called plays at Wake.

Sketchy at best. I originally researched and came up with nothing -- no playcalling at any level. That was my assumption until today, when Vinny Cerrato (105.7 The Fan) suggested that he might have called plays at Wake.

I know and that's why I asked. I didn't find anything and thought someone else might. Again I don't think he is anything other than an interim coach.

Please explain "Caldwell's offense". He didn't call the plays in Indy - PM ran that offense.
Run the plays that Caldwell calls. I think that's pretty self-explanatory, isn't it?

Up until earlier this season I would have said yes, but watching him lately has shaken my confidence in him. It's that few seconds between when he gets the ball in his hands and when he lets it go that is troubling. Sometimes the guy just looks lost out there, like that 3rd and 6 in overtime yesterday. Is it OL protection, is it receivers not getting open, is it "pocket awareness," or reading the defense? I don't know. He just seems awkward.

Either that (pocket Awareness) or he requires installation of a Collision avoidance system on the side of his helmet.