Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tigercruise

If the Ravens lose out...

8 posts in this topic

Will Harbaugh be shown the door at the end of the year? My bet is he will. It's obvious that it was not Harbaugh's decision to fire Cam when he makes a statement like, "Cam did nothing but positive things for the Ravens." If Harbaugh really feels that way, then the obvious question to him is, "Then why did you fire him?" I think we all know why. So, will Bisciotti clean house if the Ravens lose out?

Yes. If we lose out he will go.

Was it his decision? Hard to say. Public comments are scripted so it is not a good source.

My gut tells me that ownership had suggested it several times and Harbaugh protected him. Then they had a blow up after the skin game Harbaugh pulled the trigger.

My guess? Harbaugh's decision but not his idea.

Plus he finally understood that it was one or both and he may have waited too long.

1. Just disregard whatever Harbaugh says to the press. What's he going to say? That Cameron got canned because he sucked?

2. I'm going to make a San Diego Sean statement: There is NO way Harbaugh gets canned at the end of the year, even if the Ravens lose out. (That's not to say I don't think he should be canned; just that he won't. No way. No how.)

No way Harbaugh gets fired even if they lose out, even if they miss the playoffs. Is it better to miss the playoffs or make the playoffs get blown out one and done?

What I see happening as it happened to Billick is a change in key coaches. It has already happened with Caldwell. Either Caldwell stays or the Ravens go elsewhere for OC. The Ravens would also probably can Dean Pees and look outside the organization as well.

Ozzie and the Biscuit mentioned several years ago that it is good to bring in those from outside the organization from time to time in order to freshen things up and bring in new ideas. I think the defense needs that just as much as the offense IMO.

No way Harbaugh gets fired even if they lose out, even if they miss the playoffs. Is it better to miss the playoffs or make the playoffs get blown out one and done?

What I see happening as it happened to Billick is a change in key coaches. It has already happened with Caldwell. Either Caldwell stays or the Ravens go elsewhere for OC. The Ravens would also probably can Dean Pees and look outside the organization as well.

Ozzie and the Biscuit mentioned several years ago that it is good to bring in those from outside the organization from time to time in order to freshen things up and bring in new ideas. I think the defense needs that just as much as the offense IMO.

Ironically, it's an indictment of the head coach to replace coordinators, with or without his approval, because it says he's not doing his job very well, since one of his main functions is to select his coordinators in the first place.

Will Harbaugh be shown the door at the end of the year? My bet is he will. It's obvious that it was not Harbaugh's decision to fire Cam when he makes a statement like, "Cam did nothing but positive things for the Ravens." If Harbaugh really feels that way, then the obvious question to him is, "Then why did you fire him?" I think we all know why. So, will Bisciotti clean house if the Ravens lose out?

This is something I don't think we should be discussing... You are already thinking BAD CARMA.... Stop with those Negative thoughts Moriarity....

Ironically, it's an indictment of the head coach to replace coordinators, with or without his approval, because it says he's not doing his job very well, since one of his main functions is to select his coordinators in the first place.

Agree 100%. I like Harbs except for all the rah, rah, mighty men college crap. But this is clearly a shot acorss the bow.

Agree 100%. I like Harbs except for all the rah, rah, mighty men college crap. But this is clearly a shot acorss the bow.
I think I asked you in another thread to describe what, exactly, it is that you like about Harbaugh. You agree he's poor when it comes to his coordinators, which is really totally under his control who he selects, promotes, fires, etc. I'm pretty sure you agree he's a poor game time/clock manager. You've already stated that you don't care for his rah rah high school/college attitude. I assume you're not fond of the way he handles certain personnel issues -- McKinnie, Barnes, Ellerbe, etc -- although I'm making an assumption there. But let's say that IF he has a doghouse, and ends up NOT playing the best players because of some disciplinary/personal grudge, you'd not be in favor of that, right? His pressers are a total waste of time. He's uncooperative with the press, routinely telling THEM what questions to ask, and what questions he simply will not answer. He does not seem to have the ability to make tough decisions when it comes to players like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, meaning it's not really even "his" team, under his full control. So Andy...what's left to like about him as a head coach of an NFL football team, of which there are only 32 in the world?